ID for anime and anime character

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

ID for anime and anime character

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

figure I'd save space and combine two questions in one topic.

1. does anyone know which character this anime is from? looks like some gundam or macross character to me but not from the series I've seen so far.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANIME-CEL-UNKNO ... 416a1e5431

2. here are some cels from a series labeled Mermanoids, I've never seen or heard anything from and can't find any info on this series, does anyone know something about this series?
http://www.ednoonchester-artwork.com/mermanoids.htm

Thanks for looking!
benten
Kamisama - God

Re: ID for anime and anime character

Post by benten »

In answer to 2),this may be the series in question:
http://www.animated-divots.net/mermanoid.html
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

The art style of the first one kind of looks like Silent Mobius to me ... but I'm not sure if that's correct. At any rate, maybe it would give you a starting point for your search. Good luck with getting accurate IDs!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Thanks for the reply guys!

benten, you're correct that is the series. it also is prably one of those very rare older series which didn't get much attention. I can't find anything on it besides the info and the VHS set on a japanese auction site. according to a chinese forum it was air back 2000 in taiwan also...and with all the piracy going on over there Its pretty surprising theres no online source for this lol

tex-chan, looking at the image close up the bold and glossy looking character does remind me of silent mobius a bit. although this character doesn't seem to be in the series/movies as I recall nor can I find anything very close to it from credits of those anime/film's art directors. which still left me thinking this is prably from one of the gundam or macross or something related to it judging by the uniform design. uhhh...wish I have more resources when it comes down to discovering this kind of stuff.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Yeah, I didn't see that particular character in any of the Silent Mobius images I found online, either. Given the similarities in art style, I thought maybe the character designer or one of the other people who worked on that series might give you a lead. Too bad it didn't pan out. =( I'm terrible at figuring out unknowns. They always stump me, which is so frustrating. X|