Case Closed/Detective Conan

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Case Closed/Detective Conan

Post by duotrouble »

As many of you know, I'm a big Detective Conan fan. I own all the DVDs and rewatch them frequently. I used to watch the newest episodes online but Funimation went after the fansubbers and made them all shutdown. I recently saw some of the Funimation staff at Comic Con. They were asked why they shutdown the fansubbers. The lady answered laughing, "We have no intention of doing anything further with that series." So my question was since they released 130 episodes and 6 movies, why would they worry about fans watching episode 600+ and movie 15+? The answer was a typical simple because we have the right to do so. I lost a lot of respect for that group.

So while this my be completely a lost cause, I thought I'd help out in any way I could. If I didn't do anything, I would feel bad. This is my little bit. There is an online petition out now. If you like Case Closed/Detective Conan, feel free to sign. If you don't, thanks for checking out my ramble. I'm always willing to help other anime out as well. I guess I just need to speed up my Japanese lessons so I can buy a Japanese Bluray player and buy their DVDs. :wink:

http://www.change.org/petitions/save-case-closed#share
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Case Closed/Detective Conan

Post by cutiebunny »

The anime series is still being subtitled, regardless of the jerks at Funi. I know, I enjoy watching it as well.

If you need a link to them (they've subbed up through episode 667 as of right now), let me know and I'll forward one to you.