Winter 2012/2013 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2012/2013 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

It's that time again. Another new anime season will be upon us pretty soon:

http://www.gamekiller.net/anime/3170391 ... 13-v2.html

If anyone knows of a more up-to-date anime season poster please post the link.

I don't know very many of these from their respective mangas/original sources. Most of these shows don't interest me much at first glance. But I'll say the shows that interest me the most based off what little I know about them would be:

1. Savanna Game ---------- I must have read a bit of at least ten manga that had some sort of dangerous game storyline to them. Hope I will find this one interesting.

2. Sasami-san --------------- has a good production staff going for it
3. Da Capo III --------------- some interest
4. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha --- the manga was very talky, but I'll see how it goes when I see it.
5. Love Live ----------------- some interest
6. Kotoura-san -------------- a little interest
7. Mondai-Ji-tachi ---------- a little interest

Hard to say if I'll like any of the other series at this point. They are bigger unknowns. This upcoming season doesn't match my interests very well.

Anyone have an interest in any of these new shows?
Last edited by Keropi on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Winter 2012/2013 Anime Season

Post by darksuzaku »

Not much that i can say.

At first glance there's not much that calls my attention.

But i'm glad they are finally airing a second season for Chihayafuru. I really enjoyed the 1st season, and that was a while ago.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It seemed like a few titles I was looking forward to seeing were pushed back into the Spring 2013 season. So this season appears to be a bit...lacking. (judging from the story summaries)

But I'll see how they are after actually viewing them. 8)
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Never heard of any of the new titles and the only one of the continuations that I'll likely pick up is AKB0048 Season 2. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'll probably watch AKB0048 S2 too, but more because I just want to see how it ends.
We still haven't had a genuine stage performance performed by ALL of the newer members yet. I'd like to see that if possible.
Not sure if I'll be able to finish it. I might just have to skim the ending like I do for other shows I was curious about, but unable to finish/watch. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, it looks like Savanna Game is not airing this upcoming season. So that makes this season look even weaker. :(
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity's season preview is up now:

http://randomc.net/2012/12/26/winter-2013-preview/
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

too early to tell right now. i did get back into watching mecha animes over the holidays, courtesy of Broken (Break) Blade. (highly reccomend this movie series.) also watched Heaven's Memo Pad, Towa no Quon, and Hakuouki. couldn't get through Princess Ressurection or Himawari-- plot too weak.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

ginga123 wrote: also watched... Hakuouki.
Ohohohoho. Is someone becoming a fujoshi? :D

Come Ginga-chan...embrace the dark side. It's far more fun here.

As for the Winter Season, I will be tuning in for Chihayafuru 2, and Amnesia. I need my token eye candy anime.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

I'm taking baby steps lolol
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by HigurashiArchives »

Keropi wrote:Hard to say if I'll like any of the other series at this point. They are bigger unknowns. This upcoming season doesn't match my interests very well.
I'd have to agree with you there, not too enthused about this season. I started watching Tamako Market which is a decent slice of life type comedy. Also, I've been promised that Robotics; Notes is going to start to get good.

Spring 2013 season has a couple of standouts already.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I don't know, I actually like this season. I felt that the Fall Season was so lackluster that there was nothing I really wanted to watch. Still watching Uchuu Kyodai as a continuation from the Fall.

But anyways, for this season -

Gdgd Fairies 2 - I'm actually quite ashamed to admit that I like this series so much. 15 minutes of seiyuu giving horrible advice and trolling each other is soo entertaining. Their advice segment is hilarious - I just hope none of the kids try anything that they suggest. Some of the kids seem so bummed that they're getting horrible advice.

Chihayafuru 2 - Loved the first season, and I'm really enjoying the second season. I like the new additions to the team and like the direction that the series is going with their introduction.

Kotoura-san - I was absolutely bawling during the first episode when they introduce Kotoura's early years and how everyone around her abandoned her through no fault of her own. Definitely a "feel good" type anime, and I find myself constantly rooting for Kotoura and her upbeat attitude despite all the crap she endures.

Amnesia - What season would be complete without me watching a reverse harem anime? Main character wakes up one day and has no memories of who she is and her past. What I like is that it seems that everyone around her has caught on to the fact that she has no recollection of anything, and are just feeding her information so that she'll be what they want her to be. Really looking forward to episode 4 in the hope that another of the main characters will start injecting her with info so she'll do and act as he wants her to act. I also love the multicolored eyes that the characters all have.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

HigurashiArchives wrote:Spring 2013 season has a couple of standouts already.
I'm looking forward to Railgun, Date a Live, Attack on Titan, Higurashi, Photo Kano, Hentai Prince among others. That Attack on Titan is pretty wild. I skimmed through the manga a long time ago in addition to seeing that crazy trailer for it.

I'm into Maoyuu Mao Yuusha and Kotoura-san the most at this point. After that...probably OreShura, Da Capo III, Mondaijitachi and Love Live, but so far this season is just not-so-much my kind of season. :D

I rate the shows I solidly liked 7s and the shows I didn't solidly like as 6s. So it's been like this for me:

Fall 2012 ---- four 7s, 1 borderline, four 6s
Sum 2012 --- three 7s, five 6s
Spr 2012 ---- four 7s, four 6s
Jan 2012 ---- four 7s, seven 6s
Fall 2011 ---- three 7s, four 6s
Sum 2011 --- five 7s, five 6s
Spr 2011 ---- five 7s, five 6s
Jan 2011 ---- two 7s, seven 6s
Fall 2010 ---- two 7s, six 6s
Sum 2010 --- four 7s, four 6s
Spr 2010 ---- no 7s, five 6s
Jan 2010 ---- no 7s, six 6s

Maybe this year is like 2010? :D

Nah, I don't think so. I just can't see how I wouldn't give a 7 to SOMETHING from the Spring 2013 anime season. :^^:

I'm enjoying Kotoura-san too. And to be fair, the Maoyuu Mao Yuusha anime is getting greatly watered down because they are skipping a ton of material from the original source. So...if it was less watered down I'm sure I would have liked the anime more than I do at this point.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

A so so season for me. My favorite is still by far last season "Shin Sekai Yori".

From this season:

Amnesia -> Well, not bad. I guess i'll have to wait until we discover the reason of these "time shifts" before i decide if i keep watching it or not.

Chihayafuru 2 -> I really enjoyed the first season so i was glad they announced a second season i wasn't expecting. So far enojoying it.

Da Capo 3 -> I have always been a "small fan" of this title so i had to give this one a try. So so for now.

Kotoura-san -> Enjoying it so far. But this mind reading thing alone can't give enough plot for this series. Hope they know how to handle it well.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha -> This show reminds me a little of "Spice and Wolf" but i doubt it will be so good. I'll probably keep watching it to the end.

Tamako Market -> Well, that bird is a problem. I hope they get rid of it or at least give it less protagonism.
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by HigurashiArchives »

Keropi wrote:
HigurashiArchives wrote:Spring 2013 season has a couple of standouts already.
I'm looking forward to Railgun, Date a Live, Attack on Titan, Higurashi, Photo Kano, Hentai Prince among others. That Attack on Titan is pretty wild. I skimmed through the manga a long time ago in addition to seeing that crazy trailer for it.
Higurashi is obviously at the top of my list, but Aku no Hana looks amazing as well. Hentai Prince looks good too.