DBZ: Saiyan Saga Live Action Fan Trailer

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

DBZ: Saiyan Saga Live Action Fan Trailer

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Hey all,

Apologies if this has already been shared here but I didn't see it. Basically this is a 5 min live action trailer of DBZ made by a production company over here in the UK. Fans donated some funds to the making of the project and I believe it was done on a budget of around $20,000. It's pretty impressive considering it was made with no money, it was essentially made by fans for the fans.

I think they got the cast absolutely spot on! They are all exceptional martial artists as well which helped. They ended up raising nearly double the money they wanted and ended up going to Pinewood Studios to shoot wire work, a massive studio that has done things for huge Hollywood blockbusters.

Here's a behind the scenes video showing some interviews so you can get the idea of what they were trying to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odm0Oww04cY

Here's the anime version of the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmgtgya-fw

Here's the live action version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-E9pzOFPM

Pretty accurate!

I think it's incredible to see this level of effort being put out by fans of this old series.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: DBZ: Saiyan Saga Live Action Fan Trailer

Post by 90sKid »

Very nice! I really liked the Goku vs Vegeta part. They did the "super fast punches" scenes really well too!

It always makes me wonder....how come fans can do better than what Hollywood gets green-lit and puts out with their massive budget? I'd have much rather watched a whole hour and a half of this stuff than the "Goku is a misguided teenager in school" plot from the movie. Yeesh!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

These fan trailers always amaze me.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Actually Dragonball Absalon looks far better. Watched episode 1 out of curiosity.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Absalon is pretty awesome. I have to agree that I also like it more than the Saiyan Saga trailer, but they're really different beasts, since Absalon is animated. It's much more difficult to do DBZ-type action with real people than it is with animation. I haven't seen the official DBZ live-action movie (didn't look appealing to me at all), but the closest thing I've seen to that type of action in a big-budget movie is the final battle between Neo & Mr. Smith In Matrix: Revolutions.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18