Summer 2013 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Summer 2013 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Another anime season is coming up. This season appears to have more sequels than usual. Here are a couple of links:

http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... mer-v2.jpg
http://anichart.net/summer

There aren't many intriguing first seasons that I want to see that much. There's only "Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi" and "Danganronpa" that are debuting and I want to see. The other shows I want to see the most are sequels.

Anime I'm most looking forward to seeing:

World God Only Knows third season ---- they are skipping a lot to fit this storyline into the third season. The second season ended a long time before this arc got started. I still like the goddess arc more than where the manga is now.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ---- I just started reading and skimming through this manga not too long ago. I had no idea it was turned into an anime. The manga is pretty brutal on that main girl. 8O I wonder if the anime will tone it down. I didn't read this manga for a long time because the manga seemed pretty ordinary when it first started. I have seen so many manga with a synopsis about a precocious girl going about her way in a small town/village. But it certainly didn't go that slice-of-life way. The manga synopsis didn't give away much of the story compared to these anime synopsis.

Danganronpa ---- Hmmm, strangely enough I just skimmed this manga too (yesterday). I didn't know this anime was coming out either. The first chapter wasn't interesting enough for me to read it right away, but it was interesting enough for me to want to go back and try reading it later. Now I find there's an anime for it. I have been enjoying survival game manga lately so hopefully I'll like this one.

Monogatari Second Season
Rozen Maiden season 3

Anime I'm less interested seeing:

High School DxD second season
Ro Kyu Bu second season
Teekyuu second season
Senyuu second season
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya ---- I read some of the manga. I thought it was okay/fair. It was an amusing parody...in a silly sort of way.

Unknown anime that might interest me the most:

Inu to Hasami
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo
Gatchaman Crowds
Fantasista Dolls
Neptune
Stella Jogakuin

What anime are you guys most interested in seeing?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Summer 2013 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

ahhh...so fast!! I haven't even gotten to any anime from previous season yet lol

The ones I would be interested in:
Danganronpa---that description made it quit interesting lol
High School DxD New---though ending of 1st was meh, overall it was nice.
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma---hate magical girl shows but anything of Fate/ I'll watch.
Hakkenden---saw the first season.
Gatchaman Crowds
Gods and Scissors---always wanted to read the manga, so hopefully this'll be faithful.
Gifuu Doudou!!---always liked the artist's work and DEEN usually has good stuff.

Corpse Party OVA---that picture totally made it must watch lol
Mirai Nikki Redial OVA---the plot doesn't sound too interesting, but for the sake of it being Mirai Nikki.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Liked the first seasons of these:

Hakkenden S2 - really looking forward to this one continuing
Kingdom S2
Genshiken 2

I'll see what Fate/Kaleid Liner is, but from the summary it isn't promising.

Others I'll check out are:

Kimi no Iru Machi
Makai Ouji
High School DXD - maybe
Free
Gifuu Doudou Kanetsugu
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

These caught my eye:

*Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu - Gainax is behind this, something worthwhile has got to come out of it.
*Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji - Samurai action and the manga was drawn by Tetsuo Hara of Hokuto no Ken renown.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I don't have time for much but these two look interesting.

Blood Lad
Hell Prince
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity's Season Preview is out:

http://randomc.net/2013/06/20/summer-2013-preview/
teppy
Anime Geek

Post by teppy »

Most looking forward to the new season of Sword Art Online! Oh, wait. That's not coming out this season... :x
Looking for: Excellent cels of Misa Hayase from Macross.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Looks like all the regular TV shows are all out for this season.

I've been enjoying "Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi" the most so far. "World God Only Knows - Megami-hen" seems alright considering how much manga they are cramming into each episode. "Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou" is suitably dark so far. "Danganronpa" is amusing with the pink blood. :D

"Uchouten Kazoku" and "Rozen Maiden (2013)" kind of interest me too. I hope they will have decent endings.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Rozen Maiden for me :)
Pleasantly surprised by the art quality DEEN has brought forward with this (so far).
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Picked up Danganronpa and am still with my other 2 choices.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Rozen Maiden's artwork looks like watercolors at times.

I wasn't sure which Danganronpa game's manga I read recently, but it must have been the second game because the events of the anime are different from what I read. Since it's a mystery there are a lot of spoilers in it and a number of people have already played the games. I'm going to have to avoid those Danganronpa anime discussions on message boards because the posters are giving hints away.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

Already watching PapaKiki, Say I love you, Hakuoki, and Hirro no Kakera (weak plotline) via AOD, courtesy of att uverse. I like how they've thrown in some older anime too.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

We've reached the mid point of the season.

I think the only show that started this season that I like solidly is "Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi" although that may change as the season goes on. My second favorite show so far is Uchouten Kazoku. It's whimsical and at times...is a little wistful.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya was pretty cool in that sixth episode. Now that was a good fight. I haven't seen a good fight for awhile (not to mention a good Fate fight). Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou feels disappointing compared to how it started out. Rozen Maiden is entertaining if a bit slow at times. World God Only Knows is okay, but it's not so good when you already know what's going to happen. The mystery is completely taken out of it when you know.

Genshiken Nidaime is good for a laugh although sometimes it gets too slapstick. Danganronpa is a little too stylish for my taste, but I don't mind it. Futari wa Milky Holmes is okay. The artwork is the high point of the show. I felt more involved with Neptunia after seeing the later episodes. I did not like the second episode. I like Love Lab more in the later episodes too. The characters have good chemistry and play off each other pretty well.

Inu to Hasami is just plain eccentric. I'm not much into it, but I'm still watching it. :P
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by HigurashiArchives »

Watamote is my favorite so far! I also like Genshiken Nadome just mainly because I first watched Genshiken as a Freshman in college, and each season has come out pretty much in line to where I was at that time. Now I'm graduated just like the original characters.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

HigurashiArchives wrote:Watamote is my favorite so far!
I wonder if she's ever going to improve (or not) by even a tiny amount. I know they want to keep the manga going for a long time especially because its sudden popularity, but I kind of hope there's a little progression with her at some point.