Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Recognize these anime?

Post by Keropi »

This picture came from second episode of Outbreak Company:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37 ... 3d3caa.jpg

The picture is also on Random Curiosity's blog:
http://randomc.net/2013/10/14/outbreak-company-02/

I've been trying to figure out what anime some of these are supposed to be.

Which anime are these?

1st row - numbers 2, 4 , 5, 6
2nd row - numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
3rd row - numbers 5, 6, 7, 8
4th row - numbers 3, 6, 8

Anyone recognize the poses of the characters or can tell from reading the Japanese? :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Recognize these anime?

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:
Which anime are these?

1st row - numbers 2, 4 , 5, 6
2nd row - numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
3rd row - numbers 5, 6, 7, 8
4th row - numbers 3, 6, 8
Man this is so much more fun than the textbook I'm reading just now :P I think I know a few titles if thats what you're wondering, but it seems that the titles got modified as well.

1st row
#2=scrapped princess
#4=straight jacket

2nd row
#3 horizon in the middle of nowhere

3rd row
#7 attack on titan(but text under photo translates to attack on scared giant instead of just giant)
#8 obviously garden of sinners(the text under photo saids boundary of the moon instead of original boundary of emptiness).

4th row
6=k-on!
8=girls and panzer

btw, have you seen kimi no iru machi from season just past? I'm really enjoying it right now. And here I thought I totally grew out of romance genre, but apparently its only because there wasn't any fits my taste.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah! It's amazing how you can remember these once you know the titles. Some of them looked familiar, but I just couldn't place them.
btw, have you seen kimi no iru machi from season just past? I'm really enjoying it right now. And here I thought I totally grew out of romance genre, but apparently its only because there wasn't any fits my taste.
No, I didn't see that one. I read 74 chapters of the manga, but nothing after that so I know very little about the anime's story arc. I know some people liked the anime though.

So you enjoyed it eh?

Yeah, last season was a little flat for me too. I only gave three shows 7s last season - Uchouten Kazoku, Rozen Maiden and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. I hope there will be more this season.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Now that I look at it 1st row 6th one looks like Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.

2nd row 1st sort of looks like Muromi-san

2nd row 4th sort of looks like Little Busters doesn't it?

I give up on the others ones since I'm not half decent at reading the Japanese titles anymore. I've forgotten a lot of those characters.

Wait a minute S.J.? Two letters? That's probably D.C. Da Capo. No wonder it looked familiar.

The only ones left are:

1st row 5th
2nd row 6th
3rd row 5th and 6th
4th row 3rd

...unless if I guessed wrong
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:Ah! It's amazing how you can remember these once you know the titles. Some of them looked familiar, but I just couldn't place them.
Yeah, last season was a little flat for me too. I only gave three shows 7s last season - Uchouten Kazoku, Rozen Maiden and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. I hope there will be more this season.
Well, I checked out 13 new series that started airing in summer season and finished only two so far and partially watched/clicked through 3 more. Hoping to finish watching 5 more but holycrap, so many potential shows first glance and really not much time worthy. Dog and scissor was a ridiculous letdown. I did enjoy the carry on from spring of attack on titan and yamato. Hope to see a season 2 of attack on titan.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Someone said that considering how slow the chapters of Titan manga come out and how slow the pacing is we might see season two in three years. :D

It took a long time for the second season of Railgun to come out and that manga is monthly too.

Break Blade is even worse. The chapters don't even come out every month.

I think there is too much CG and Cel Shading in this season's anime. At least the technological stuff and the inanimate objects looks good in Arpeggio. The characters look weird though.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Row 1 # 5 Nagasarete Airantou
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks! I thought it looked like an island anime I had seen before, but I couldn't remember the title. :D

The hair and clothes color changes really does affect how I remember these anime. It's harder to recognize them based off only their poses remaining the same.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Keropi wrote:Thanks! I thought it looked like an island anime I had seen before, but I couldn't remember the title. :D

The hair and clothes color changes really does affect how I remember these anime. It's harder to recognize them based off only their poses remaining the same.
I reconized the pig having only read the manga.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

This post translates the titles.

I believe Row 4 #3 is Kuroko no Basket but I could be wrong, haven't seen it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks!

Someone told me he thinks that 3rd row 5th is Mayo Chiki. 3rd row 6th has got to be "Big Windup".

The only unknown left is 2nd row 6th. What anime has a short title like "Shan"? :D