Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Time for another anime season:
http://anichart.net/winter

Based off only what I know, I want to see these shows the most:

Inari, Kon Kon ----- I enjoy the manga, but it's a shame that it'll only be ten episodes long.
Witchcraft Works --- The manga is fun. The manga doesn't blow me away, but I look forward to seeing it animated.
Mahou Senou ------- I've only seen two chapters of the manga, but I'm eager to see it.

I'll watch:

Chuunibyou S2
Saikin, Imouto ----- I skimmed through two chapters and I might like it.
Pupipo! ------------ The manga is eccentrically weird and I want to see it.
Pupa

I might be interested:

Buddy Complex
Defrag
Nisekoi
Wake Up, Girls!

Not sure about these:

Hamatora
To Aru Hikuushi
Z/X Ignition
Noragami
Onee-chan ga Kita
Sakura Trick

The other shows are toss ups as to if I'll like them or not. :D

What anime are you guys most interested in seeing?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Winter 2013/2014 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I'm barely starting on fall season...its awesome though now I get to pick what I think is interest and marathon it, except for all those interesting looking action genre that also happens to be cross seasons.

For fall I'm interesting in:
buddy complex
chuunibyou ren
mahou sensou
nobunagun
nobunaga the fool
noragami
witchcraft works

and quite a few ovas and specials, and attack on titan gets a ova?
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

ATM I only have 3 but that is prone to increase depending on the feedback posted on the Eva forum I also frequent.

-Nobunagun
-Nobunaga the Fool - Shoji Kawamori is involved with this.
-Space Dandy - Bones was promoting this at Japan Expo USA last August.

and continuing Kill La Kill.

The Attack on Titan OVA is already out, haven't seen it yet.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity has their anime season preview up:
http://randomc.net/2013/12/26/winter-2014-preview/

Hope this upcoming season will be enjoyable.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

All 3 of my shows are airing late nights on Sundays. :^^:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It' s getting to be pretty funny reading complaints from people about this season's anime. :D

Well...I can't say this season is fitting my taste very well either, but it's still pretty funny reading the complaints.

I can agree with a lot of those complaints. It doesn't look like many people are enjoying this season so far. It's an odd collection of anime that's for sure.

I'm still waiting for Inari to come out. I hope they do a good job with that.

Holy cow! Akame ga Kill might be getting an anime. That manga was rather depressing. I had to stop after a certain point. It was tough going. :|
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Was trying to view the past seasons black colored anime charts, but many of those links no longer work, anybody know a site where those charts are archived?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

They need to find a better place to archive those charts. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Well, heres a website hosting all the charts since 2008, I'm suspecting they are those updated versions, not sure how updated though.

http://thecartdriver.com/charts/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wah! Black Bullet is coming out next season. That's cool. The shoujo ai, assassin story Akuma no Riddle comes out too. Gokukoku no Brynhildr is a tragedy. Not sure I want to watch that one. Hey there's another Kiniro no Corda anime coming out. Ah, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei will come out too. The main character is a badass. There aren't too many anime that has the main character starting off already being a badass, but he is one of them. :)

I like next season's list so far. /no1

Thanks for the link.

It's pretty early into the Winter 2013/2014 season, but so far I'm enjoying Chunnibyou Ren, Witch Craft Works, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta the most.

Tokyo Ghoul is getting an anime adaption too. That's great.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Well, it looks like a small list so far, but already sounds like an excellent season, or so according to you :D There haven't been that many great seasons as of late though, my favor seasons in past few years was from 2011(fate/zero, mirai nikki, last exile, guilty crown, shana season 3...there were some great anime).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well, the more anime you've seen the more difficult it becomes to be blown away or moved by anything that you see. It's like with manga - how many manga and novels have been inspired by Infinite Stratos? There are so many stories now that have a guy with a unique ability that goes to a school with a lot of girls attending. After awhile you just have to happy seeing a similar story to what you've seen before but told better than others. I think of DNA^2 every time I run across another manga that has a girl from the future protecting a guy that is going to have a dangerous problem involving his future descendants. :D

I wish I could find my old anime seasons list. I made a list of my favorite anime seasons, but I can't find the list. I recall there was an anime season that I didn't finish any TV series because I couldn't get into any of them enough. It's all a matter of taste though as to what anime everyone likes.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Well, the more anime you've seen the more difficult it becomes to be blown away or moved by anything that you see.
Totally agree. My two favor animes from 2013 were From the New World and Attack on Titan, both offered twists and surprises I've never seen before. So heres hope the first season of 2014 has some surprises stored, for as long as I remember, I've always enjoyed the element of surprise the most from any anime and tend to define anime majorly through how successful they pulled it off.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Surprises are harder to pull off these days. It was easier back in the old days when outside-Japan anime fans only had exposure to a few anime titles and no exposure to manga or novels. There are too many anime/manga/novel stories to compare new anime to now. :D

Oh, Isshukan Friends comes out next season too. That's another title I like. The manga is cute and amusing. Sometimes it's a little sad and touching, but they don't dwell on the sad stuff for very long so it's not a depressing story by any means:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nds-1st-pv

Good season for me coming up! /no1
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

The Winter season is so lackluster that folks are already looking forward to spring? :) I perused the list but won't reveal what my picks are since it's still a season early. :P

I largely concur with the sentiment so far, none of the shows I'm watching have quite jumped out yet and are in the average category ATM. I did add Magical Warfare, actually had the thought about dropping it during the first ep but am continuing.