Spring 2014 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Spring 2014 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Yeah FFF version is the way to go for this kind of anime. Funny how despite all the comments mentioning censorship on horriblesubs they still get way more supporters than FFF.

Just finished Hisugi no Chaika yesterday, and I am really looking forward to season 2 now. Really like the female protagonists, they are hilarious and likable characters. Especially the one that shout "shocking Truth!" all the time.

Also, how good is Break Blade? Was it different than the OVA, as in quite a few added scenes?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The Date A Live II BDs apparently have additional short scenes like the first season BDs. They're trying to give people another reason to buy the BDs.

Daimidaler also had uncensored episodes (or less censored eps) from this season. I hope some shows from the Summer season will be like this.
Yeah FFF version is the way to go for this kind of anime. Funny how despite all the comments mentioning censorship on horriblesubs they still get way more supporters than FFF.
Well there are a number of people who couldn't care less about seeing additional uncensored scenes. I'm sure there are many of those.
Just finished Hisugi no Chaika yesterday, and I am really looking forward to season 2 now. Really like the female protagonists, they are hilarious and likable characters. Especially the one that shout "shocking Truth!" all the time.
Who is that? That doesn't sound familiar. :D
Also, how good is Break Blade? Was it different than the OVA, as in quite a few added scenes?
I heard that they cut out a lot of the movie footage and added a few scenes with Girge. I don't know if there was anything significant besides the extra Girge footage because there is very little conversation about the TV series.

In the last couple of weeks it was announced that Gakkou Gurashi and Isuca are going to adapted into anime. Neither are big favorites of mine, but the manga have some decent moments at times so I look forward to seeing those in the future.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:The Date A Live II BDs apparently have additional short scenes like the first season BDs. They're trying to give people another reason to buy the BDs

Daimidaler also had uncensored episodes (or less censored eps) from this season. I hope some shows from the Summer season will be like this.
Yeah I'm waiting for some of those unaired episodes which are BD bundles, such as akuma no riddle ep13 which according to MAL is coming out in 6 months? I'd have to somehow remind myself to look out for it, although my then not sure how much of plot I'll still recall. That's the thing about movies and specials, sometimes no one would sub them and a few years later I find out that they actually exists by accidents.

Daimidaler has some seriously hilarious moments, that chick in lincoln hat reminds me of that one girl from Argento Soma.
Keropi wrote:Who is that? That doesn't sound familiar. :D
Chaika is the one I'm talking about, I've been watching horrible sub version so other subs might have slightly different translation.

Good to know about break blade, I'll be comfortable to skip it then.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The problem is that the "extra" often get left on the side. They don't come out at the usual places so they only get subbed in versions that I don't like. So either their quality is lousy or it's a huge file. I don't get huge files nowadays. They take up too much space.
Chaika is the one I'm talking about, I've been watching horrible sub version so other subs might have slightly different translation.
Oh okay, I see. Yeah, I didn't even know what kansha meant until this series aired.
Good to know about break blade, I'll be comfortable to skip it then.
That was quite a badass mecha fight that Girge had though. I'm going to have to watch it one of these days. It was great in the manga.
The new season will begin this week! Tokyo Ghoul comes out on the Fourth of July. I hope I can see it before I have to go to AX and register. I'm going to go down there later when the line is shorter and the sun is not shining on that side.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

-Black Bullet: Enjoyed this, having no background on the source material. My fave character turned out to be Kagetane after he came back.
-Date A Live II: 3 new spirits and longer plot arcs. I enjoyed the dating aspect of season 1 but after the Miku arc wrapped up I was disappointed that the season was only 10 eps, although a movie was announced at the end.
-Nobunaga the Fool: This is an interesting series overall. The mecha came in big initially but the characters started dominating the series and the overall theme is a tragedy, something I don't see much of. I still think the Jeanne x Nobunaga pairing was not really developed on the latter's side and even Mitsuhide and Caesar came off as more developed towards their love interests.
-Knights of Sidonia: Series of the season for me and one of the better mecha shows I've seen in a while.