It's probably very early but i just noticed this on reddit so here it goes:

http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 014-v3.jpg

don't know how accurate it is.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Spring 2014 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Hey, how's it going Darksuzaku? I haven't talked to you for a long time. :D

Hmm, Fairy Tail is back I see. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure too. Love Live also.

"Nanana's Buried Treasure" sounds interesting. I don't know anything about it.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei --- I am greatly looking forward to it. It was one of my favorite current manga (the manga first arc just ended).
Black Bullet --------------------------is another of my favorite current manga. It gets emotional in spots too.
Kanojo ga Flag ----------------------I sort of liked the manga before it got very confusing. I'm not so excited about it now.
Date A Live II ----------------------- I'll watch as a silly comedy. I'm not expecting too much.
Hisugi no Chaika --------------------The manga is a bit slow at the beginning, but the story is by the Scrapped Princess writer so I think I'll enjoy it.

No Game No Life---------------------It's got some fanservice in it, but it's mainly about two badass gamer siblings who need each other to get by. They get transported to another world where regional disputes are settled by playing games. They are the only thing left that can save humanity from the other regional powers. It should be good.

Akuma no Riddle ---------------------The yuri assassin story. The manga started off decently so I'm curious how it will go.
Soul Eater Not ------------------------Three moe side characters that attended the Soul Eater school. The manga was okay.
Kiniro no Corda - Blue Sky -----------I was wondering if THIS Kiniro game had female story characters in it too.
Atelier Eschia--------------------------I don't know much about the story, but I was interested in the game. Guess I'll watch this.

Isshukan Friends----------------------I've been enjoying the manga. The preview for this mainly plays up the drama of the memory loss, but the manga is mostly a slice-of-life, dry comedy. I'm glad they kept the watercolor look of the manga.

There are some anime I'm really excited about for this season. :jump
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Nearly midway through Winter and as expressed in that other thread, not too much excitement about this season's offerings. Looking ahead, Date A Live II is the only one on the list that I'm familiar with from having watched before, not counting the Attack on Titan OVA in April, and yes I will watch both. Other than that, Black Bullet and Knights of Sidonia are possibles pick ups, while Kenzen Robo Daimidaler has such a ridiculous sounding premise that it may be worth a look along with Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:Hey, how's it going Darksuzaku? I haven't talked to you for a long time. :D
He he, still the same here, picking up most of the series i come across at the start of every season and dropping most of them right ahead.

The winter season is being a little "so so" for my tastes. I'm still watching 13 series, but 5 of them are leftovers from last season.

As for new series for the spring season, well, as i ussually don't read mangas i have really no clue about what a series is about until i start watching it. So these kind of tables don't help me much. I was hoping to see the second series of Sword Art Online announced but seems it will take a bit more.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

One of these days we're going to end up 1000 Drops on our lists. Lol :D

Well, I'm sort of skimming some of the new shows now before I watch them. So I'm less likely to drop anime than before, but I'll still have my drops as I lose interest and/or don't have enough time to watch. It's the stuff that I'm the least motivated to keep watching that I drop. Some shows you want to watch right away and some shows just don't motivate you to continue on with them.

I wonder if some of the higher profile shows got pushed into the Fall 2014 season. :shrug
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Really excited by the fact that Fairy Tail is back, was expecting a longer break than that actually. Its been a staple anime of mine for more than 2 years and I'm looking forward to the grand conspiracy that'll be pulled off soon...hopefully.

Don't get the reason why they decided to convert Break Blade into series, it'd be nice if they would continue the story instead, but that's not what the description is saying sadly. Looking forward to checking out Blade & Soul, Akuma no Riddle, Hitsugi no Chaika, and somewhat on Date a Live II and Jojo(hopefully see some major improvement from previous chapter).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The Break Blade chapters are coming out so incredibly slowly since the anime movies were released. :(

I think the manga had about 50 long chapters come out from April 2007 to March 2011 (almost four years). Since the final movie came out (March 2011) there have been only around 19 long chapters come out and that's almost three years time. And relatively little has happened in the manga over that time except for character development. It's a down period and there is very little going on except talking. Sadly, it would take ages for there to be enough manga to make another decent length anime from it. The manga story is just starting to get going again.

It's too bad the manga is so slow. :bawl

I heard the anime changed the manga's storyline, but I didn't watch all of the movies so I don't know anything about that.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

That's a shame...I was pretty fond of that yandere character in the OVA, so one part of me is carious regarding her character development. Guess I'll never see that getting animated :(
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yandere? Hmm, I think I might know who you're talking about. :D

Did you see all six of the movies that came out? She was in there right? From what you said it sounds like they might have changed her parts in the anime.

Too bad I was never able to get the third to sixth Picture Dramas subbed. They were never easy to get.

I can't think of any confirmed yanderes or yangires that are in the Spring season anime. The closest might be the assassin girls from "Akuma no Riddle":

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ime-visual

:)
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Hmm, will watch the second season of Mushishi and the Titan OVA.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ime-visual
What is this...all assassin all girl plus shoujo ai and one of them yandere...like the ultimate fan service feast of the year? By the director that did Nanoha though? Hopefully there won't be too many unnecessary loliness in there at least, but then I think thats all there was to it with nanoha-_-"

Yeah I saw the 6 OVAs...or were they movies? She was in there. Didn't get many scenes, but what was there had pretty good quality yandereness. Now that I think about it...
did she die at some point? like in a mecha battle one on one where she insisted on being yandere and got destroy in the end
My memory was a bit hazy, perhaps got your hopes up a bit, sorry :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:as there had pretty good quality yandereness. Now that I think about it...
did she die at some point? like in a mecha battle one on one where she insisted on being yandere and got destroy in the end
My memory was a bit hazy, perhaps got your hopes up a bit, sorry :D
Break Blade Spoiler:
In the manga she died. I don't know what happened in the anime. I think she killed herself in the manga.
I don't remember any loliness in "Akuma no Riddle", but I haven't read very much of the story yet. :D

By the way, did you ever get to see Fate kaleid episode 6? I can't remember if you ever said you seen it or not.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Break Blade Spoiler:
I think that's a bit different than anime, or not...I can't quite recall what exactly happened. Sometimes my brain tend to keep a mutated record with a blend of my own imagination added or something so over time it becomes inaccurate. Especially true when it come to anime or game lol
Keropi wrote: I don't remember any loliness in "Akuma no Riddle", but I haven't read very much of the story yet.
Hopefully the adaption is faithful then, the director famous for Nanoha might just pull some loli twists out of nowhere, never know :D
Keropi wrote:By the way, did you ever get to see Fate kaleid episode 6? I can't remember if you ever said you seen it or not.
You mean the part where illya saw the other girl dressed as maid? Yeah, that was pretty funny. Its funny they added in that part and also the part where the two staffs were having eroge game/anime style conversation...I thought they added that part in to surprise the more mature loli fans...or the people that got into the series due to the eroge :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

No, I mean did you see the sixth episode of the Fate kaleid TV series? I can't remember if you said you watched the TV series or not. My memory is bad.

That was one of the better anime fights that I've seen in the last few years (even though that may not be saying much because I don't watch much fighting anime).

Broken Blade Spoiler:
I think she essentially killed herself because she kept doing what she was doing. She didn't want to surrender so she ended up dying for it. She was too obsessed to surrender.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I mean did you see the sixth episode of the Fate kaleid TV series? I can't remember if you said you watched the TV series or not. My memory is bad.
The best fight in the series I think was the fight with saber alter, right? That was a pretty good fight but it should've been put at least because its quite the unexpected character appearance, and, so much so it kinda made the fight with berserker afterwards not so impressive, and I thought the final boss was gonna be gilgamesh-_- Hopefully season 2 will be better organized.
Keropi wrote:Broken Blade Spoiler:
That sounds about right, I think the anime was the same as the manga then. Maybe that's why I thought her yandere scene was great. Don't they have like a necromancer or something in their universe?