AnimeNation closes it's doors

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

AnimeNation closes it's doors

Post by JWR »

Another online anime retailer bites the dust. This leaves Roberts Anime Corner and Right Stuff as the 2 left I would trust.

http://animenation.net/animenation.html

Where's AnimeNation?

After 20 years, we've decided to get out of the retail game. A heartfelt thanks to all our great customers over the years, and all of the terrific employees that made AnimeNation a fun & dynamic place to work. At times it's been a dream come true. We've been doing this a long time though, and it's just time to move on to new and different challenges.

If you have an existing order with us, you will receive an email with details specific to your order. If not, you can still contact sales@animenation.com with questions about cancellations, refunds, shipment tracking, etc.

Not everything is closing. RentAnime.com will get more focus now, and our forums, news blog and FB Page are still live. Links are below, stop and say hi!

To all in the anime community who have supported us over the years, again, thank you.

Gene Field / AnimeNation.com / 9/12/2014
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: AnimeNation closes it's doors

Post by Keropi »

Was Anime Nation the place that used to sell anime cels back in the 1990s?

I was trying to remember if that was them or not.

Too bad they closed. I bought a few tapes and DVDs from there.
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Thanks kind of sad! It's crazy that so many places have shut down since I was last into cel collecting (though really, it's been so long that it's not surprising). Did AnimeNation have cels? I can't remember. I think I bought an OST or two there, years ago.

I pulled up the site using the Wayback Machine to jog my memory, which is sort of a fun "do you remember" pastime for remembering old cel collector haunts. I got a kick out of browing old cels for sale at Taro, while I was at it. :P
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

AnimeNation stuck around for so long I didn't think they would ever shut down, but that has been disproven. They had much of my business in the early 2000s for Eva products but not cels.