Autumn 2014 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Autumn 2014 Anime Season

Post by darksuzaku »

Just found this on reddit:

https://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -v4fix.jpg

I have high hopes for that Fate Stay night, but i would have prefered they had done the heaven's feel route. oh well.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Autumn 2014 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Nice! Thanks for that link.

Here is Random Curiosity's Fall Season preview:
http://randomc.net/2014/09/18/fall-2014-preview/

Maybe they'll do a Heaven's Feel TV series in the future, but Heaven's Feel is the toughest Fate stay night story from the three to broadcast on TV.

There are less new shows from this season that I am familiar with from the manga. A larger percentage of these new series were adapted from games or novels.

I'll have to finish Buddy Complex even though there are only two more episodes. I wonder how they are going to wrap it up in only two episodes?

Aikatsu is still going. Holy Guacamole! Ninety nine episodes and still going.

Selector Spread WIXOSS --- I'm going to have to watch that
Fate/stay night ------------- I'll watch this. Let's see what a pure Archer/Rin storyline is like.
Log Horizon S2--------------- I'm definitely watching this. I liked the story of the first season
Madan no Ou to Vanadis ---- I started reading the manga, but then stopped. I'll see how much I like the anime
Gugure! Kokkuri-san ---------I heard people talking about this, but I never read any of the manga. I'll check it out
World Trigger ---------------- I never read any of this manga either, but I'll give the anime a shot. I think this will be more interesting in anime form

Trinity Seven -----------------I read some of the manga and stopped when I heard about the anime was coming out. The "teasing" main protagonist was amusing. We don't get a lot of "teasing" harem protagonists in anime.
Hitsugi no Chaika S2---------I'll be watching this for sure

Looks like there are less shows that I like compared to the last two seasons (for their season sizes), but we'll see. There should be some sleepers in there somewhere.

Is anyone going to be checking out any shows?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Well well, this is starting. 2 of my most expected series have already begun.

Log Horizon looks as fresh as the first season, the only thing that concerns me is that the graphics are not as good as season one. Marielle's appeareance specially.

Fate stay night, great as expected. With an extended prologue episode that doesn't overlap at all with the original series and also running up to the point where the unlimited blade works branch separates from the original ark. I have great expectations from this series.

As for the few other series that have already started, really too soon for me to coment, but i have already dropped quite a bunch :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It's too bad that they switched studios for Log Horizon S2. The character designs look more cartoonish this season. I'm not used to how they look.

I got banned on Myanimelist for logging in under too many IPs with my VPN. Lol. I'll try to log in later. I'll just have to write down everything I read and watch for awhile.

I can already see that Saturdays are going to be busy days for me with at least WIXOSS, Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Fate stay night, Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete and Vanadis coming out on Saturdays (assuming Saturdays are their regular airing days)...maybe even more than that.

I wish these anime airing days of the week were more balanced. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

This is going to be one heck of a season. For the past seasons I've checked out nearly every action/fantasy/sci-fi/mecha series. Looking at this list I counted a total of 20 series I'll be interested to check out. The ones I've set my mind on finishing though are fate/stay night, psycho-pass 2, hitsugi no chaika and wixoss, and then theres also the continuation of sword art online 2, akame ga kill and argivollen. Probably going to wait for some developments before starting any of the new series, otherwise I'll be watching a total of 23eps of anime by end of next week...which is pretty hardcore, but I know a friend of mine also fellows every series that looks good. Wonder how many people these days spend this much time on anime.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

double post thanks to snail speed internet.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, World Trigger came out today too. I'll have to see how much I like that one. I wonder if I'm going to have time today. Re-encode releases don't come out as fast for first episodes because re-encoders wait to see which fansub they prefer to use for them.

Let's see....Trinity Seven Comes out Tuesday and Hitsugi no Chaika comes out on Wednesday.

EDIT:

That Fate stay night UBW episode 00 was pretty good. It felt pretty different from Rin's point of view compared to the other two points of view from the previous anime.

The anime artwork for Ushinawareta Mirai looks so mediocre compared to the game's artwork. :bawl

I think I'll pass on World Trigger. :)
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Been so busy lately I'm still behind on Summer. My sole pick up ATM is the twin tail anime, which seems ridiculous enough it might work.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

So surprised at Fate UBW first episode. It should be called "prologue part 2" or similar. But well, if this means all episodes are going to be 45 minutes long i'll sign up right now :D
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Gonna be the Twin-Tails got slammed by ANN but they loved Parasyte, of which I read the first chapter in the debut of MixxZine (later renamed Tokyopop), so adding that.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm surprised that Parasyte is being adapted now. Did the creator not want his story to be adapted into an anime is that why it's being done now?

That'd be great if all of the Fate/stay night UBW episodes are long. They feel like mini-movies the way they are now -- like Break Blade was.

I think I've settled on what I'm going to try to watch this season. Fate/stay night - UBW is a given. I like how they are linking back to the earlier events. They rarely did that in the first Fate/stay night TV series. I was expecting them to do some references in the first series, but they didn't really show up. Was that because they were adapting the first TV series to be more like the game's Fate story so they didn't have much background written on the past yet? But I thought they already knew much of the past event stuff by the time they created that anime.

Hitsugi no Chaika S2 seems like it'll be interesting. Madan no Ou to Vanadis seems to be doing fairly well so far for a novel-to-anime adaption. Log Horizon still seems fine. Trinity Seven seems like a decent manga conversion so far. I hope they keep it up. Selector Spread WIXOSS is still angsty and morose. Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete doesn't seem like it got much of an animation/artwork budget. Cross Ange has polarized a lot of viewers, but I don't mind watching it so far. I just want to see what will happen to Ange.

Grisaia no Kajitsu seems more interesting and mysterious than your typical ren'ai game adaption. The art is better than Ushinawareta. Garo --- I like the story, but I'm sort of mixed on the whole CG fighting thing. Inou Battle is interesting me less than I thought it would. Ai Tenchi Muyo --- those episodes are way too big for my taste. I don't want to use up 3.5 GB for a series that only has four minute episodes. Twintails and Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai I guess I'll watch for now. Daitoshokan feels like the most conventional series from all the anime episodes I've fully watched from this season up to this point.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Mushoku Tensei has gotten up to the Intermission Chapter now before the new story arc begins. I like how everything is being setup. Some more artwork from the Fifth published novel has come out. Elinalize looks beautiful as a blonde elf. We get to see how the Dwarf looks too.

Small Mushoku Tensei spoiler:
There is also another picture of six year old Norn. Aisha doesn't come out until Volume six unfortunately.
Fate stay night UBW reverted to regular length TV episodes which is too bad, but it's still good. I guess it will diverge more and more from the Fate storyline as time goes on. Type-Moon doesn't even talk about the first Fate stay night TV series anymore. They really didn't care for that series. If they didn't care for that, how do they feel about the Tsukihime adaption? :D

Tsukihime was a lot worse as an adaption.

I'm only getting thirty nine series this season. Ah, that doesn't sound right. That's still too many. But I'm only watching fifteen of them at the moment. I don't have much free time during holidays and solar eclipses. :)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I was interested in watching "Yuna Yuki wa Yusha de aru" since I heard Okabe Keiichi (MONACA) was working on the soundtrack. I'm not much of a fan of "cute" anime, but the first episode wasn't bad. The music was amazing as always--MONACA does not disappoint--and the animation was pretty nice, too.

Then the 2nd episode happened...and I was so violently hit over the head with Moeness; it was sick. The girls' transformation sequences were throughly disgusting. The main character's sequence involves her jiggly butt and then another involves not only the groping of her way-too-huge breasts by magical Evil Dead-esque branches but they also proceed to spread her legs apart. w-seriously-tf.

I was really excited that the first episode looked promising, but it was nothing but false advertisement. I heard episode 3 is out, too...but I doubt I'll watch it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, that was a bit much even for me. I'm squinting while I'm watching those transformation sequences.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

I'm up to date on Mushoku Tensei. It's going to be a very painful wait. I guess it's time to go back to Arifureta...

Finally episode 3 FSN aired and shows the first true deviation from the original series. Yeah, too bad they reverted to the usual length of the episodes, but well, it was expected. They probably did the first 2 with special length because people would have complained about being the same (specially the 2nd one).

That Yuki series, i dropped it right away. I grew tired of "magical girl" animes long ago, but honestly, the older ones were way better. I remember how refreshing was "Madoka Magica" when it was aired as it's the anti-magical girl show of excelence :D

My watch list is at 23 series at the moment with 2 from last season. I have already dropped quite a bunch. Here are my favorites:

Fate: My favorite from this season.
Sword art online: from last season. not as good as the first season, but it was expected, GGO novel was origianlly not so good after all.
Akame ga Kill: also from last season.
Log Horizon S2: Too bad they lowered the budget for this one. Those bad graphics are a crime.

As for others....

The bahamut series has a very nice graphic quality. I hope the story also grows to be good too :D
As for romance series, well i hope that Ookami Shoujo meets my expectations better than Ao Haru Ride last season....
Akatsuki no Yona may be promising too. One of my coworkers says that it reminds her of Fushigi Yuugi... Don't know where she gets the resemblance though.
mmm, i'm tired of all those cockroaches of Terraformers..... Also, if they were going to censor the thing so badly, why bother doint so many bloody scenes? Too late to announce uncensored versions now that i'm about to drop it.
Had expectations for Shirobako, but honestly, i don't buy all the rush of the series.
psycho pass 2, well, another one with cheap graphics for season 2. Losing one of the main characters doesn't seem like a good decision for me.
chaika 2, well, for now it's just the same as the first season. Can only expect that it gets better.
Madan no Ou..... nice girls with nice b....., whatever.... But those silly strategic displays to explain the battles are really not good. Read somewhere that it's a cheap trick to help condense a very lengthy novel in a short series.....
Amagi brilliant park, did i see a naked body on the first episode? from KyoAni? :D wasn't expecting that. Not an specially interesting series but that busty girl (Seto?) is keeping me from dropping the series.