Autumn 2014 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Autumn 2014 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

darksuzaku wrote:Well, for Grisaia, there's no real female main cast, or all of them are, whatever you prefer. The source is a visual novel with alternative paths, one for each girl, and the anime will air all the paths, with the start of the series being the common route for all paths.
I can see that now. This is actually one of the most entertaining and unique romance genre I seen in the past couple of years, even though the main character is a do-gooder to a fault, which is annoying sometimes
from 12th ep, I think at some point he narrated something like his will be the only person that would forgive the girl, even if the rest of the world would not..."the rest of world" prably hardly even remember her anymore but even though he just found out that she caused her sister's death he didn't even bother commenting on the matter and went straight into the do-gooder phase...the character is too buddha like through out the series, which really seem to contradict his career
Keropi wrote:Akame ga Kill ep 24
it'd be a lot more epic if the three girls ends up ganging up on esdeath and defeat her that way, Akame did her in one on one with her "newly found otherworldly power" is a lame way to let the character go and I feel like the director was really rushing to the finish. Heck if they could've done that why not just boss rush and break into the palace when they had the entire party around in ep1 when esdeath had a much weaker team...who the heck was doing the central planing for this group of assassins?
Wanted to say something about phycho pass 2 ending, but enough complain in one post lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Akame ga Kill ep 24 (Not Much of a Spoiler):
I think that was a made up anime ending anyway right? That was probably why they ended it like that. The actual ending will probably be better I would think. I think they just wanted to have a real ending for the anime..
I don't mind anime complaints --- especially when they're stated in the "subjective" opinion. :D

I think my favorite anime of 2014 that I completed are:

1. Sidonia no Kishi
2. Fate stay night Ultimate Blade Works TV (this would be higher than Sidonia if the second half of UBW were included)
3. Sword Art Online S2
4. No Game No Life
4. Log Horizon half of S1 and half of S2
6. Hitsugi no Chaika S1
7. Mahouka
7. Tokyo Ghoul S1
7. Aldnoah Zero S1
10. Witchcraft Works

Seems like a rather weak list, but since I'm comparing them to everything I've watched from the last in the last 18 1/2 years...no wonder they look so weak.

EDIT:

I'm glad that Gate is getting an anime adaption for next year. Considering how popular the novels/manga are, I'm not surprised that it got an anime:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... on-in-2015

I look forward to seeing it net year. I hope that they do a good job with it. I hope that Outbreak Company didn't ruin people's expectations for it (that's for people who didn't like it). :D
Last edited by Keropi on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

My favorites of 2014 probably would be something in this order

Mahouka Koukou no Rettosei
Fate Stay Night UBW
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte the maxim)
Sidonia no Kishi
Sword Art Online S2
Log Horizon (2nd half of first season) & Half of S2
Nagi no Asukara (2nd half of first season)
Tokyo Ravens (2nd half of first season)
Hitsugi no Chaika
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, I forgot about Sword Art Online S2!

I forgot to check my Fall 2014 list for anime that I hadn't added to MAL as completed yet. I went and added it to the list. :)

I hope that 2015 may have "good" anime for whatever type of anime tastes everyone might have. :woot: