Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2014/2015 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Here is AniChart:
http://anichart.net/winter

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2014/12/23/winter-2015-preview/

I look forward to seeing Absolute Duo. It's in that popular new story category - "new male student with a unique and/or uncommon ability".

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir ---- I don't recognize this by the summary, but it seems to fall into the same Absolute Duo category. Guess I'll watch this since I like these types of stories. Why do 35-50% of these stories begin when the guy is first introduced to the girl by seeing her naked?

I'll be watching Isuca too. I like the manga. I wouldn't say the story is the greatest, but it's sort of fun to read. The manga is quite ecchi with the nudity and I'm wondering how they are going to be handling it.

Aldnoah Zero Season 2 ---- I guess I'll watch this just to see what the heck they are going to do with the story.

Junketsu no Maria ---- I was surprised that this got an anime adaption. It didn't seem like the type of story to get an anime adaption. I like the manga even though it's a bit crude sometimes (sexually crude). I would think that the TV anime is going to moderate those parts. They can't eliminate them all of they'll change the tone of the story too much.

Kantai Collection ---- I've grown to like the characters after reading them in all of those manga.

Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kate ---- the main manga kind of bored me, but it might be more interesting in animated form. I thought the spinoff manga were more interesting when they centered on the more likable characters (instead of everyone as a group).

Seiken Tsukai no World Break ---- Apparently I read the first chapter of this back in July, but I don't remember anything of it. The premise sounds interesting enough.

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha ("The Testament of Sister New Devil") ----- I like the manga. The novel likes to tread on the H-borderline and sometimes it seems like it crosses over the line. The beginning part is not quite as ecchi as the later parts (which isn't saying much). Those censored scenes are only going to be on the DVD/BDs the studio announced.

Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 ----- Yeah, I'm definitely watching this.

For a short season, this looks like a pretty good season for me.

I'm looking seeing these shows the most based off what little I know about them:

1. Tokyo Ghoul S2
2. Kantai Collection
3. Absolute Duo
4. The Testament of Sister New Devil
5. Seiken Tsukai no World Break
6. Junketsu no Maria
7. Isuca
8. Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kate
9. Aldnoah Zero Season 2
10. Juuou Mujin no Fafnir

What do you guys think of the upcoming season? What will you try to watch if anything?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Winter 2014/2015 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

One glance and I noticed that this is a much lighter list than the previous season. After following through 14 or so titles in the yet to finish season, this list seems to be on the short side.

I would be interested to check out:
Aldnoah Zero 2
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu(somewhat)
Death Parade(somewhat)
Durarara X2 Shou
Isuca
Junketsu no Maria
Seiken Tsukai no World Break
Sengoku Masou
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
Soukyuu no Fafner
Tokyo Ghoul A
Yoru no Yatterman

The ones I'm most looking forward to are Aldnoah Zero, Durarara and Tokyo Ghoul. I'm carious about Sengoku Masou and wonder if it'd be a waste of time like Sengoku Basara, hopefully this one would have a bit more merit.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Did you see the Assassination Classroom OVA?

I didn't realize it until later that there are two Fafnir anime. There is the old Fafner and the new Fafnir. Wasn't Fafnir one of those German mythological characters or was he just in a Wagner Opera?

Maybe both? /hmm

I took a Wagner class in college for a requirement. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I didn't see the Assassination Classroom OVA. Did read a bit of its manga though and didn't like it all that much, can't take it seriously enough, that's why I'm semi anticipating it.
Keropi wrote:I didn't realize it until later that there are two Fafnir anime. There is the old Fafner and the new Fafnir. Wasn't Fafnir one of those German mythological characters or was he just in a Wagner Opera?

Maybe both? /hmm
I'm not sure which is which, whats the difference? In my mind its more like a werewolf of some sort, as depicted in some videogames. But the name itself is pretty cool, I wonder what those anime has anything to do with it though.

So it looks like Gundam Reconguista is going to continue...I'm trying to pick this up a second attempt, but both characters and plots are just so silly that I don't know what do make of it, is this really gundam? Some of Yoshiyuki Tomino directed series just seems kinda strange to me, although I really liked many of the female villains in his series.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

After looking it up, it looks like Fafnir was a dwarf from Norse mythology. In Wagner's Ring saga he was a giant however. I think he was trying to get the all powerful ring. Makes sense that it' s Norse because of the Flight of the Valkyries song that's in it. I should have remembered that.

Some people don't seem to like Tomino Gundam series. I'm not too familiar with how they are though.

There isn't anything I want to see that badly until January 4th. So I still have a week left to wait.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:After looking it up, it looks like Fafnir was a dwarf from Norse mythology. In Wagner's Ring saga he was a giant however. I think he was trying to get the all powerful ring. Makes sense that it' s Norse because of the Flight of the Valkyries song that's in it.
So there are at least a few interpretations I see, interesting.
Keropi wrote:There isn't anything I want to see that badly until January 4th. So I still have a week left to wait.
Yeah I'm getting a bit obnoxious of waiting after 2 huge seasons...even the cross season series are taking break, its usually only a week off this time of year right? or is it two? for anime I mean.

Well, Fate/unlimited budget works is having a cliffhanger after such an awesome ep-_-
Medea as I remember from old series was kinda pushover level servant, but hell she put up such a show this time around snatching saber and attack the church master, way out of her boundary. I think she'll tragically be put back into her place pretty soon coming April unfortunately, but I like this character a lot more now, still remember her as one of the least popular and exposed female character from old series back in the days, finally her time to shine
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Gee, those Daimidaler BD Specials are rather perverted. Well, the series was kind of that way too.
Keropi wrote:its usually only a week off this time of year right? or is it two? for anime I mean.
Yeah, I believe it's usually only one week breaks, but if the schedule falls on the wrong day it could end up being two weeks. I hope Cross Ange comes out this week. I'm going to have to save my MAL anime and manga lists. I forgot to save them at the beginning of last year so I don't know exactly what I did over the course of 2014. If I wanted to know, I'd have to count manually.

Fate/stay night UBW Caster Spoiler:
It's too bad for Caster because she could have been a decent person if all that stuff hadn't happened to her in her past (as Medea). All that pain and suffering has turned her into a villain. Gilgamesh is one of the earliest historical figures that is known from history. I've been trying to find the earliest historical figure that we have a decent guess as to how they actually looked like, but I can't find them. It'd probably be a sculpture of some kind.
Yeah, that was a good place to end the first season. It was a natural break in the story right there.

No wonder the Rakuen Tsuihou movie reminded me of the themes from Psycho Pass and Gargantia, they all had the involvement of Gen Urobuchi! :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: Yeah, I believe it's usually only one week breaks, but if the schedule falls on the wrong day it could end up being two weeks. I hope Cross Ange comes out this week.
Looks like Corss Ange and Nanatu no Taizei both fell on wrong day, I can't find the raw version of either of them-_-
Keropi wrote:I'm going to have to save my MAL anime and manga lists. I forgot to save them at the beginning of last year so I don't know exactly what I did over the course of 2014. If I wanted to know, I'd have to count manually.
That sucks, hopefully it doesn't waste too much time for you. I started new year' days dropping my 4 months old laptop flat on the ground and destroyed it...so now I need a new laptop again. Money aside I bothered to backup only some of the new files, so others would be lost I guess. And I was hoping this would last at least 2 years. I want a HP intel i7 15.6 inch laptop for better performance that I can take to places, but tons of reviews of it getting over heated after a couple of hours all the time which is a deal breaker for me. Having had 3 HP laptops in a roll though I don't know what elses good out there, and to think black Friday was only less than a month half ago...
Keropi wrote:Fate/stay night UBW Caster Spoiler:
Yeah I don't know why but both caster class seems to be pretty evil, this and the one in zero. Although I like her this way though, I don't think she'd be any interesting of a character had she been on the decent side
Google image Gilgamesh and half them are from fate/ series...imagine 2000 years from now people would mistaken the modern version depiction as how he really looked like, instead of stone statues that made him look like a middle age Persian. I thought he was half god, where are the traits?

oops...both Cross Ange and the other show came out today, I must have been hallucinating or something over tragedy of my broken laptop lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Looks like Corss Ange and Nanatu no Taizei both fell on wrong day, I can't find the raw version of either of them-_-
I guess it just showed up late this time. I'm not sure what each faction in the story is up to now.
That sucks, hopefully it doesn't waste too much time for you. I started new year' days dropping my 4 months old laptop flat on the ground and destroyed it...so now I need a new laptop again. Money aside I bothered to backup only some of the new files, so others would be lost I guess. And I was hoping this would last at least 2 years. I want a HP intel i7 15.6 inch laptop for better performance that I can take to places, but tons of reviews of it getting over heated after a couple of hours all the time which is a deal breaker for me. Having had 3 HP laptops in a roll though I don't know what elses good out there, and to think black Friday was only less than a month half ago...
That's messed up. Sorry to hear about that. I was thinking of buying another hard drive because having all those files on only one hard drive is just asking for trouble. All those thousands of hours would be going to waste if that one drive failed. I just got through transferring a few files from 3.5 inch floppies. I'm surprised most of them still work in XP. The astronomy program I used 24 years ago still works fine. I can plot the night sky and everything. 8O
Google image Gilgamesh and half them are from fate/ series...imagine 2000 years from now people would mistaken the modern version depiction as how he really looked like, instead of stone statues that made him look like a middle age Persian. I thought he was half god, where are the traits?
I thought he was one third god. I must be thinking of someone else. One third is a strange percentage to be.

The further back you go, the harder it is to get accurate information on historical figures. The older "historical" accounts are filled with biases and exaggerations. Religion and mythology gets mixed into their stories too. Writers were also afraid of reporting everything accurately because an unhappy faction might want to hurt the writer for what they wrote.

Alright, where is Absolute Duo?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It feels like the recent DDos attack at Crunchyroll is hindering the release of the new anime season. Or....at least it seems that way anyway.

Oh well, watching raw anime is way to go. It feels like my old anime viewing days once again. /no1
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Absolute Duo is finally out (i hope it doesn't become of of those harems) and also another 2 that i dropped right away.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I thought that Crunchyroll had Absolute Duo, but I think what I saw was that they only announced in their news section that Funimation had it. They do a lot of cross promotion in their news section.

But even then it still took much longer than usual before the subbed episode was out.

I'm not expecting much from Absolute Duo, but it might be okay to watch. It's time that regular anime viewers became aware of just how many guy-with-an-uncommon-ability-and-attending-a-new-school stories are out there in manga and novel form. :D They are similar to Infinite Stratos, but with some tweaking to try to improve on the Infinite Stratos formula. Infinite Stratos didn't have much of a story after it got to a certain point and a lot of writers feel they can one up it. Infinite Stratos was so popular after all. The clones are as numerous as the stars of heaven.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So the Mushoku Tensei manga got licensed into English eh?:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nsei-manga

Maybe it'll encourage people to read the much better web novel/novel instead. I know it did for me...although that was only after I read the first one or two chapters back when there wasn't much manga yet to read.

Absolute Duo is getting a lot of hate from viewers. Lol :D

Sister Devil has mediocre art compared to the manga. :l

The second episode of Tokyo Ghoul is supposed to have an anime-original story from the original creator. The second season story is supposed to be what the creator's original story was going to be.

Kantai Collection has too many characters for a short anime series. I hope they focus more on the most popular characters instead of trying to give everyone small scenes.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I was thinking of buying another hard drive because having all those files on only one hard drive is just asking for trouble.
heh, tremendous minds think alike...I think we're both the type to be paranoid easily :D I kept telling myself, my laptop and one ex-harddrive is enough to back each other up...but what if both of them fails at the same time??! it'll be the end of the world as we know it. Seriously though laptop storage capacity is not as great as exharddrive so 2 harddrives make more sense.
All those thousands of hours would be going to waste if that one drive failed. I just got through transferring a few files from 3.5 inch floppies. I'm surprised most of them still work in XP. The astronomy program I used 24 years ago still works fine. I can plot the night sky and everything. 8O
I remember 3.5 inch floppies from elementary school typing class, it was good for program and image storage, those filled up quickly even for just images alone. So it looks like I might be purchasing a used macbook from a friend soon...hopefully its still in good condition to last me at least 2-3 years this time.

yesterday I checked out first ep of Tokyo Ghoul Root, Shinmai Maou no Testament and Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata in that order, from lots of action to mild to none, I enjoyed all three. Shinmai Maou seriously is like High School DxD of alternative universe, except female characters were not as appealing, why don't they create super model characters instead of loli? Is loli the definitely of beauty in Japan or something? I've never seen one of this kind of series without at least one, if not more of those type.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've got my external hard drive tied down to my computer case. The only way it's falling is if an earthquake knocks the entire computer case down.

I'm old enough to remember cassette tape storage. :D

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir ep 1:
I can't believe they did the old "see-the-main-girl-naked-on-their-first-meeting-at-the-super-powered-student-school" scene. I've only seen that like 8-10 times in the past year. Oh well, it happens. Lol
I prefer stories that break the cliches if possible. There was that one manga story about killing his sister to save the world. Most stories are the opposite --- the guy joins the school to locate and save his sister.

Someone said that the second season of Tokyo Ghoul was actually written specifically for the anime (by the original creator). I wonder how that is going to go.

I didn't get into ep 0 of Saekano too much. I don't know why they put that episode on first. It spoiled some future events. I'm curious to see how it'll feel starting from the beginning. Utaha might be the most popular female character from the bunch. I think it was her character manga that I liked the most from what little I read of them. She's the teasing, cool beauty type.
Shinmai Maou seriously is like High School DxD of alternative universe, except female characters were not as appealing, why don't they create super model characters instead of loli? Is loli the definitely of beauty in Japan or something? I've never seen one of this kind of series without at least one, if not more of those type.
The original source for Sister New Devil is way more ecchi than High School DxD, but I don't know how much is going to be complete cut out of the aired episodes. I'm sure you know that some people like lolis. That's why they nearly always include one in there somewhere. It gives viewers a variety of things to choose from. It's like how one female character wears regular socks. one wears thigh highs and one has their legs completely covered. It's to give viewers variety. Some people prefer one and don't like the other.