Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Spring 2015 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Here is AniChart:
http://anichart.net/spring

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2015/03/27/spring-2015-preview/

I was waiting for Random Curiosity to post their anime season preview and they finally have. Let me check it out now:

These shows interest me the most based off what I know of them:

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru... ---------------- I'm reading the manga and it's okay. Nothing too amazing.
Fate stay night UBW TV Second Season -------this should be good.
Plastic Memories --------------------------------maybe
Sidonia no Kishi Second Season
Yamada-kun---------------------------------------I read the manga for awhile and then stopped. I'll see how the anime goes.

I'm not as sure about the others. I'm disappointed because I thought there would be more anime adaptions of manga that I read coming out in the Spring Season. I guess they are going to come out in Summer or Fall. :(

Hopefully there will be more anime that I feel like watching instead of playing Lord of Valkyrie all day. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Spring 2015 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Well, there are actually a lot of series I'll be interested in this coming season, like the past 3 seasons.

Arslan Senki: Its nice to see this getting made into a series, the OVA series was quite awesome but it never finished, so I'll be looking forward to watch this.
Digimon Adventure tri: this is actually a series I would be interested to check out the concept, unlike most other series I watched around the same time, can't believe its been 15 yrs.
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
Gunslinger Stratos
Kekkai Sensen
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu: I don't mind seeing an alternative universe of Haruhi.
Triage X
Owari no Seraph

These are the ones I'm really interested in because of their previous seasons:

High School DxD BorN
Grisaia no Rakuen
Fate/stay night
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

I'm going to give Arslan Senki a try, and the Fate series when I get around to finishing off Zero (I'm very slow I know).
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

There's a lot of potential for this next season compared to the last IMHO.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

There's also going to be a new series of Saint Seiya called "soul of gold". It looks like it will be broadcast online from April 11th and will be a retelling of the story, focusing on the Gold Saints with Leo Aiolia as the main lead with his brother Sagittarius Aiolos close behind. I'm just hoping we'll eventually get season 3 of Lost Canvas sometime... *sigh*
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So far I've only watched complete episodes of Fate stay night UBW, Dungeon ni Deai, Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories and Triage X.

I haven't been able to get to the newer shows that came out after those. I'll see how it goes. I'm behind once again.

It was pretty easy to recognize the High School of the Dead character artwork in that Triage X series. Dungeon ni Deai was adapted pretty well. J.C. Staff is doing a very nice job with their production again. The artwork looks very nice. They're only going to be able to do so much with the story, but they are holding up their end of the deal for sure.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

With probably all the spring series started by now my "must watch" series are just Fate UBW and Knights of Sidonia. Ore no Monogatari is one of those kind of genres that i enjoy so im also keeping a close watch on it. I'm surprised it's listed as a 2 cour series.

The rest of series are probably series i'm going to end up droping or either watch and delete. I had expectations with Plastic Memories but it's just not good enough. Owari no Seraph is an ok series but i don't expect it develop enough to become a good series as it only lasts 1 cour. Shokugeki no Soma, well, if i had not become tired of these cooking shows it might have been a nice watch, specially since it's a 2 cour show. And Hibike Euphonium, well, it's a nice series and all, but it reminds me a lot to K-ON, i mean, good enough to watch once but not good enough to keep.

On a different note, i'm surprised i saw on Bakatsuki that Mushoku Tensei ends on volume 24. I thought this series was going to last much longer. Can't wait for the entire volume 23 to be translated.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard that Mushoku Tensei had ended. I don't know how it ended or if they are going to do another story after the first one. It seemed like that story was going to go on forever.

I haven't been watching very much. I would update MyAnimeList more often, but they restrict you once they detect you with multiple IPs so it doesn't make me feel like updating. I have to have my VPN turned off every time I update it (and erase my cookies)

I heard that the third episode of Plastic Memories was disappointing to most people. They did an Evangelion parody in it. I just watched the first episode of Sidonia last night. That was rather creepy. :D

Seraph of the End sure has a lot of shounen story tropes in it. I'm only watching it because of Shinoa. She's voiced by Saori Hayami and I like her voice work.

I'm not getting as many series this time. I'm only getting the shows that would be harder to get later - the short length episode series, the shows that get taken down quickly, the shows that are less likely to be saved by others and the shows that I'm the most likely to want to watch. So it comes down to Seraph of the End, Triage X, Aikatsu, Sidonia, Fate stay UBW, Teekyu S4, Hibike Euphonium, Tesagure, Yamada-kun, Jojo's Egypt, Yahari Ore, Anime de Wakaru, Punch Line, Dungeon ni Deai, Ghost in the Shell Alt Arch, High School DxD Born, Gunslinger Stratos, Arslan Senki, Grisaia, One Piece and Folktales. I'll cut that down more later.

I wonder if Triage X is still going like an ecchi version of Weiss Kruez?

Fate stay night UBW is really nice though. It'll be great seeing the series with the extra BD footage later on.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Fate stay night UBW is doing pretty well so far.

I noticed that the Heaven's Feel storyline has its own manga now. I don't recall that beginning part. Was that in the other two Fate stay TV series:
...where Shiro walks Sakura home? Did he do that in either TV series?? Maybe that was a decision point in the game - walking Sakura home.
That preliminary Summer 2015 anime season chart looks interesting:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nime-chart

Gate comes out in the Summer. That's one of the anime that I was looking forward to seeing the most. Rori looks less loli, but she doesn't look THAT different. The Gate character that looks the most different is the sorcerer girl. She went from looking like a quiet, scholarly girl to looking like a moe, kid almost looks like a boy. Oh well. It could have been worse.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So the other Bahamut story got picked up for an anime adaption:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ouncements

I'm not surprised by that. Bahamut is in the "New male student with an unusual ability starts to attend a fighting school with mostly/all female students in it". At least it seems to have an interesting back story to the main characters.

"A Chivalry of the Failed Knight" anime adaption was already announced earlier. That's another story in the same category "unusual ability and fighting school", but it's a school with mixed genders and it's not really a harem story either. That was the story that reminded me of Mahouka's back story with the main characters.

A Hundred anime is coming out also. That story is much closer to Infinite Stratos than the other two. Well...I guess you could say that Bahamut is like Infinite Stratos too with the female flying mecha competitions... I can't recall which stories the main character introduced himself when running into a main female characters naked. That's happened in so many manga lately.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Just finished 19th ep of fate/stay night, the plot is finally getting juicy, a bit confused about archer here
So archer is not a heroic spirit from the past but a guardian from the future, and also happens to be Shiro?? I guess he hit a late growth spurt and grew 8inches at some point huh?...I always thought archer was the saber's aid guy that showed up at the end of final episode in the original anime series, so they weren't the same guy then? But why does he keep on having the flashback of a gallows everytime he mentioned he was betrayed? what kind of backwater futuristic execution ceremony is that
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Archer is from an alternate history of Shirou. He's not from the future. Gamers figured that the storyline that Archer is closest to being from is from the Fate storyline. Archer recognized that Shirou had the Excalibur scabbard placed in him (to save his life after the disaster). I don't think that the Shirou from the Heaven's Feel or Unlimited Blade Works storyline knew about it. I think the scabbard influenced him a bit into Saber's way of thinking...or at least Saber's way of thinking shortly after she became a monarch. Saber's thinking started drifting a bit toward Archer's point of view in that she became skeptical as to whether what she did was really worth it.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think Archer took the blame for something that others did. So he took the fall for others and in that sense he was betrayed by those people. They executed him for something he supposedly did.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Ah ok, that would make sense. I got similar response on MAL on this topic...
never thought about alternative universe. I thought it was just same universe but different courses of actions resulted in different character development. People on MAL mentioned that stay night/UBW/HF are all each parallel universes. But a few mentioned about Archer being an alternative shiro's future of a different timeline. Which would make sense since archer carries the pendent rin used to save his life...but that mustn't be from that school or possible might not even be from Rin? since she didn't live in a backward world where in her future people gets executed on gallows?...Or maybe they met in the 1800's, Or maybe Archer got the pendent some other way in another time period of his own universe...or I'm just thinking too much
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

More Fate/stay night UBW spoilers:
Yeah, each storyline from Fate/stay night could be considered an alternate timeline because your game decisions affected how the story went. But Archer as I understand it is from an alternate timeline/alternate universe because what he says doesn't quite match what happened during Shirou's time in the Fate storyline of the game. So Archer's background is similar to Shirou's background in Fate, but it's not exactly the same. So Archer got the jewel from Rin (his Rin) that's why he was summoned. The jewel was his connection to Rin.

A few of the Fate/stay servants are pulled from places where they shouldn't exist in the regular game's universe. That's how some of the plotlines can get away with having those characters.

I believe Archer's future was from a dystopian future. I assume bad events still have a decent chance of happening in Shirou's future if his world doesn't stop what happened in Archer's world. Shirou and Archer's worlds shouldn't be that different from each other.
Oh, by the way. I forgot to mention this earlier, but that fight scene in "Dungeon ni Deai" ep 8 was pretty intense. That was one of the better fights that I've seen animated from the last three years.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Ok, I'm getting a gist of it. Although without playing the games my perspective can just be easily shattered, anime along only provides a limited perspective it seems.
Keropi wrote: I forgot to mention this earlier, but that fight scene in "Dungeon ni Deai" ep 8 was pretty intense. That was one of the better fights that I've seen animated from the last three years.
Yeah, that was a pretty intense fight, it is best character fight I've seen in a awhile too. My favor fight in recent year was from that one ep of Soukyuu no Fafner from last year, where Kazuki and Soushi mecha had that decisive battle with that giant ghost like creature. the visual in that fight was pretty stunning I thought.

Been following 16 series from current season, My favor so far are Arslan Senki(didn't like the character design of this compared to the old ova), fate/stay night, Kekkai Sensen, Sidonia no Kishi and Dungeon ni Deai. No major complain about any series yet, either this season is exceptional or my mind is beginning to tolerate more trashy anime.