Summer 2015 Anime List

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Summer 2015 Anime List

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Still couldn't keep up with the current season...Xenoblade is just too epic!! But up to date on:

Chaos Dragon//reminds me of Akame ga Kill, just about one casualty per ep from the main cast. Story is not bad, and the character development is what I look forward to see.
Charlotte//Overall I thought the show had as much lighthearted moments as serious moments, but woah... the yandere character was unexpected pleasant surprise, and a loli one, as much as I hate loli...don't recall seeing one of those in anime since higurashi.
Durarara!!//Great as expected still, always looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Gangsta//decent, lot of focus on the two main characters. Would like to see more faster pace story development involving the antagonists.
Prison School//hardly seem to have a plot, normally I drop this kind of series after a few eps, but the execution of the series is brilliant, so its fun to watch even without plot.
Rokka no Yuusha//going in a good direction so far, seems like the story is developing into something positive.
Ranpo Kitan// reminds me of Danganronpa, lots of talking not much action, like a visual novel. Probably will skim though rest of the series.
Shimoneta//Another random series without much of a plot, but the idea is interesting and its funny as heck to watch, not to mention the yandere character(this is where I wish art market could be up to date with current series, and why don't the animation studios work it out that way to please the fans and recoup budget for future projects? but who am I kidding).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Krafty wrote:
Nice, I love seeing animated sketches so thanks for the link, Keropi. I used to love the Madhouse studio throughout the 90's but I don't know what sort of output they focus on nowadays; is it still Shonen based?
I think so. As far as I can tell it still is. I like how some of the recent adult anime post sketches during their closing credits so they can show how closely their flat animation looks like the original manga drawings.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today. I had a power outage yesterday and they were working on upgrading our power poles here.
Charlotte//Overall I thought the show had as much lighthearted moments as serious moments, but woah... the yandere character was unexpected pleasant surprise, and a loli one, as much as I hate loli...don't recall seeing one of those in anime since higurashi.
I read about Shimoneta yandere, but where did the Charlotte yandere show up?

I'm only keeping up with four shows right now - Gate, God Eater, Kuusen Madoushi and Overlord. Some of my favorite moments of Gate are already over. I think it's one of the better novel-to-anime adaptions.

Kuusen Madoushi isn't noteworthy, but I still want to see how it turns out:
So now there's a tournament arc eh? How many tournaments in these types of stories are there? There are tournaments all over the place - Unbreakable Doll, Blade Dance, that anime coming out next season. So many tournaments....
I can't wait for that One Punch Man anime (a superhero satire) to come out next season:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... oes-online

Mad House is doing it and it looks pretty good. They seem to do pretty good source-to-anime adaptions.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:I read about Shimoneta yandere, but where did the Charlotte yandere show up?
From ep6, last few minutes...unless you don't count that as being yandere. Konishi I think is her name?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Overlord episode 9:

Well, that was pretty fun. It was decently violent too so they didn't change much from how it felt in the novel.

I can't wait to see the next story arc. It's a good arc to end the anime series with:

A small/medium sized SPOILER on Shalltear Bloodfallen:
Shalltear is extremely powerful. It should be interesting seeing her animated.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Overlord episode 10:

It's too bad that they rushed through this episode so much.
The episode felt like it went at double speed. They should have dwelt on some parts more. Shalltear went crazy because she got blood on her. That is her weakness. She can lose her mind when she gets blood on her. Shalltear really wishes that she didn't have that weakness, but usually she can counter it. The potion healed her mind, but then she panicked because she thought that she must have messed up Ainz's plans because Ainz had given that girl a potion for some reason. She felt even worse when she found out a ranger got away to warn the town that a vampire was on the loose. Ainz told Sebas, Shalltear and Solution that he needed information on the area and knowledge of the locals magic abilities. So they were to kidnap people and turn them into undead to get the information. Ainz told them to only kidnap criminals because criminals would not be missed much by society. That was why they were tricking criminals into attacking them on the carriage trip. Ainz didn't want to attract too much attention so he told them to be secretive, but Shalltear lost her mind and attacked the non-criminal adventurer group that came over to the criminal den. Then she encountered that other group of people later when she was trying to clean out the area of people that might have known about her being on the lose.

Shalltear was trying to decide if she should follow Ainz order of being secretive by killing the potion girl or if she should leave the potion girl alive because Ainz might have had a secret plan to use her. In the end Shalltear decided to leave the potion girl alive because not killing her was the less bad option between the two. ^_^
Someone posted that Albedo was not in the original Web novel and if that's true it would explain a lot.

This is not a big SPOILER but I'll put it here just in case - Albedo's development in Overlord Volme 4-9:
From what I can tell, Albedo is not given much to do. She only seems to do small things, make small comments and does Ainz related jokes. I know she's in the novels, light novels, manga and anime for eye candy, but I wish she was more involved in the plot. Albedo is supposed to be one of the smartest characters in the story, but you wouldn't know it from what she's given. I hope she has a better role later on. She does feel like a tacked on character.
EDIT:

Albedo was not in the Web Novel version. I confirmed it. Hamsuke, Mare and Nfirea were not in the Web Novel either. That's quite interesting.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Wow, Overlord episode 12 was really something :D

Long time since i last watched a so detailed magic battle. However i still can't understand why Ains is having so much trouble. Being a supreme being or whatever he should be more powerful than his subordinates. Also, too bad the anime doesn't explain why Shaltear becomes like that. I hope episode 13 clears things up a bit.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:Wow, Overlord episode 12 was really something :D

Long time since i last watched a so detailed magic battle. However i still can't understand why Ains is having so much trouble. Being a supreme being or whatever he should be more powerful than his subordinates. Also, too bad the anime doesn't explain why Shaltear becomes like that. I hope episode 13 clears things up a bit.
That's good that you thought it was good. I had already read the novel so I have no idea how it would be if I hadn't known what would happen ahead of time. Have you read any of the novel yet?

The novel fight felt pretty tense, but the anime felt kind of relaxed to me.

Shalltear is a game floor boss. She guards three floors and was designed to take on several Level 100 players at the same time. She is strong both physically and magically. If her MP runs out she can still take people out physically. She can steal health from the damage caused by her Divine Class weapon. She can also use Holy Magic which is very unusual for an undead. Ainz's strength is his undead summoning, but summoning things would only give health boosts to Shalltear when she kills them. His undead magic is also not as strong against Shalltear because she's an undead. In many ways she is the toughest character to fight out of all of the characters at Nazaric.
That is why Ainz's subordinates wanted several of them to take down Shalltear. Ainz feels that the Nazaric NPCs are sort of like their creator's children so he didn't want to see them killing each other. He didn't wear his Divine Class or World Class items during the fight in case the group that attacked Shalltear attacked them and tried to steal them from him.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The ending of the Overlord anime was decent. Overlord and Gate were above average novel adaptions. It's nice to see that they can make decent novel adaptions sometimes. Three episodes of Overlord were rushed, but the other episodes were pretty well paced considering how the novel's storyline went. The Overlord anime cut out Albedo's sister, but she wasn't quite as important as Pandora's Actor so it's understandable.

Maybe someone can learn from how they did these adaptions. Hopefully they won't rush novel adaptions quite as much as they used to.

I like how they hinted at future storylines in the Overlord novel. Too bad they didn't show the Kingdom's princess though. I really wanted to see her make a cameo appearance. 8O
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I noticed that the manga chapter of Overlord for the Shalltear arc is much better than the anime. The anime rushed through so much at the beginning of her arc. The manga has more details in it:

http://www.mymangaonline.com/read-onlin ... e-011.html

Shalltear and Brain's thoughts were explained more fully in the manga. Oh well. I still liked the anime for the most part though.