Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Fall 2015 anime list

Post by JWR »

1st listing I have seen

http://static.neregate.com/2015/09/nere ... art-v2.jpg

Only one so far that peaks my interest is Heavy Object, I just hope it follows the Light Novel better than the Manga did.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Fall 2015 anime list

Post by Keropi »

Oh yeah, that's right you read the light novel eh? I kind of liked the manga, but that was back when I was reading a ton of manga. Now I'm reading less manga because a lot of them got picked up and they're no longer being translated. I'm mainly reading novels and web novels now.

I'll be watching One Punch Man of course. I like that superhero satire/parody. I like stories where the main character is overpowered and everyone's jaw drops when they find out how powerful the main character really is.

As far as "Gakuen Toshi Asterisk" and "Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry" goes...I've grown a bit tired of the Infinite Stratos/battle school type stories. I've been reading those types of stories for a year and a half and they've kind of worn me out. Right now I'm more into the "summoned/reincarnated overpowered main character fantasy stories where the main character levels up like a gaming character. But that's just me...

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakou ni "Shomin Sample" might be alright. The main character likes to troll the girls. Not sure how funny that will come across in the anime though.

Gee...what is that Utawarerumono anime? Is it a remake?

There might be something else that might interest me in there, but I'd have to see it to know for sure.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Looks like an action packed season for me with quite a few sequels of series I enjoyed, and also an unusual amount of mystery genre, which I like. I'd be interested to check out:

Kindaichi R season 2
Kagewani
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Gundam: Tekkatsu no Orphen
Kidan no Aria: AA
Taitei Team KZ
Sakurako-san
Tai-Madou Gakuen
Subete ga F ni Nari
K: Return of the King
Exodus 2nd season
Valkyrie Drive
Noragami Aragoto
Heavy Object
Rakudai Kishi
Owari no Seraph 2nd season
Utawarerumono
Comet Lucifer
Garo
Kowabon
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Definitely watching Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru.
Might give Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider a try
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

No one is that interested in One Punch Man eh? :D

Well to be honest I don't think I would have been interested in it either if I hadn't read the original web comic and Yusuke Murata illustrated manga. So I don't blame you guys really. :P
JWR

Post by JWR »

Random Curiosity has their more in depth preview up

http://randomc.net/2015/09/24/fall-2015-preview/
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I thought the first episode of One Punch Man was decent. It doesn't really get rolling until Genos shows up though. I can't wait for the sisters tio show up too. It 'll be a fun series. Go Licenseless Rider! :D I'm glad it has a good budget. It's a huge manga seller so it's not surprising that it got more money to produce it.

I had forgotten how many similarities "Gakuen Toshi Asterisk" and "Failed Knight" have. I forgot both main female characters are princesses. It's true that the "first meeting with the main girl while she's undressed" is an old cliche, but the reason people are talking about it is because that scene has happened so many times in similar battle/fighting stories lately. Those scenes usually lead to duels and future team ups. They've done the same scene in at least 8 different fairly recent, popular novel/manga stories. The upcoming Bahamut anime has the same scene.

I seem to recall one novel actually breaking the "first meeting while undressed" cliche by making the main girl not angry about it. That was kind of refreshing actually. I like when they go against what you expect. :P

From what I read of the manga, I prefer Failed Knight over Asterisk, but the last story arc of Failed Knight made me feel like dropping it due to frustration. Well, I already know what will happen so I'll just grin and bear it when it gets to that part of the anime. It won't have the same annoying feeling the second time around. Failed Knight feels like a it borrowed a story background element that is too similar to another popular novel.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

With still many series that have not started yet i have the feeling that "One punch man" is not my type of series. I would have dropped it already if not for the good comments of people here. I'll give it a few episodes more to decide.

Agree that Failed Knight and Asterisk share very cliche starts if you compare them with a lot of other series.

Can't say much overall form the series that have already aired. Too soon for that. I really expect good things from the new utawarerumono series.
JWR

Post by JWR »

So far I have only seen the 1st episode of Heavy Object. Seems that they do plan to follow the Light Novel more than the manga. The difference deals more with how they handled the Elite Milinda. In the mangas they played her comedy level up while in the light novels she is a little more mysterious with Tsundere traits that show more as the story progresses.
Only change from the light novels is it seems J.C. Staff added the opening "Fan Service" shower scene which did not appear in either novel or manga.
Enjoyed it so far.
I am on 6th novel right now.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

With still many series that have not started yet i have the feeling that "One punch man" is not my type of series. I would have dropped it already if not for the good comments of people here. I'll give it a few episodes more to decide.
Oh well, at least you tried it eh.

One Punch Man feels like an anime that would air on late night cable TV. When did the first episode air...on Saturday? I was hoping it would air on Fridays since I'm normally busy on Saturdays and Sundays. I have less time to watch then.

This season's Utawarerumono TV series is apparently is adapted from a sequel game. It's a two cour in length so the story has more time to develop.

Heavy Object ep 2 seemed decent. I guess I'll keep watching it and see what happened past the part that I read.

Comedies usually feel a lot sillier to me in anime form --- such as "Commoner Sample". I'm leaning toward not watching that one after seeing the first episode. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The way they adapting the novel in Rakudai Kishi makes it feel like any other story of its type. It's too bad that they actually a couple small things that made the cliches look worse. Well.. this happens with quite a few anime adaptions so it's nothing too unusual.

Hidan no Aria AA - I can see the Soul Eater Not comparisons (as others have stated).
Another yandere huh? The author must like that type.
Supposedly those translators will stop translating Overlord five months before the first English novel comes out. After that, if you want to find out what happens you have to read it in Chinese or read what someone else has said about it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So how did the 35th Test Platoon turn out? The writer at Random Curiosity said that it became a regular, rushed novel-to-anime adaption after a promising start. I've been playing that broswer game Kanpani Girls and I've been losing track of the anime from this season.

One Punch Man seems to be a decent adaption so far. They've skipped parts, but they haven't tried to cram too much into a short length anime so that's good. It's probably because there isn't a ton of material to adapt anyway so there isn't a big need to cram. I hope there's a second season for it.

This eight minute clip from the Girls und Panzer movie looks pretty good:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... anzer-film

Utawarerumono is pretty slow to develop I must say. :(