Poll - How Many Series Have You Seen?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

How many anime series have you finished from beginning to end?

Between 1 and 10
9%
Between 11 and 25
26%
Between 26 and 50
13%
Between 51 and 75
9%
Between 76 and 100
No votes
100+
4%
200+
4%
300+
35%

Total votes: 23

KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Poll - How Many Series Have You Seen?

Post by KinoLRB »

After flipping through my anime DVDs the other day, I was inspired to count the number of series I’ve seen from beginning to end.

Not many, turns out.

This doesn’t include series that I’m currently watching or ones that I abandoned due to lack of interest. I’ve also seen many OVA’s and films, which I'm typically more interested in.

Feel free to list if you're feeling super ambitious :)
Last edited by KinoLRB on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Poll - How Many Series Have You Seen?

Post by Kasi »

If I leave out sequels and movies, the amount of unique titles I've seen and completed is about 39.
Not quite sure how many original movies I've seen.

Still, not many in comparison to other people. I know some people have seen hundreds! :)
bricks
Anime Geek

Post by bricks »

Oh man i have been watching anime for probably 15 years. I don't watch a lot now but back in highschool and collage i would power through series like no ones business.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Counting the series that are ending in the next few weeks, this quarter and its previous 3 quarters, I would have competed a total of 53 series...in 4 quarters. I didn't keep an accurate number over the years, but considering that I've watched anime since as far as I could recall, I voted for 300+ series. Its really part of my lifestyle now, If I don't get in an ep or two of anime everyday I'd feel like something's missing.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

My MAL profile says 890, but of course that also includes movies and short ovas.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think I've completed around 422 TV series, but that's only from the way that Myanimelist counts seasons. They split up a lot of TV series by seasons when the anime's seasons are split up and non-continuous and/or when the seasons have different names. If they didn't count them that way, I don't know what the total would be.

Darksuzaku has finished a lot more TV series than me and I think theultimatebruceleee has completed more OVAs than me. :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:more OVAs than me. :P
" :P " is the right expression if you meant hentai OVAs...that's pretty important right?? I don't recall watching that many normal anime OVAs and don't really keep track of them, since most releases never seem to get subbed. Except for Hentai of course, they always seem to get subbed, especially in Chinese.

I also didn't realize how many hardcore fans there are here with half the vote 300+series, since most galleries I've seen tend to be on just a handful of series...guess there isn't much correlation going on there, interestingly.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

I too am surprised by the number of votes for +300. I'm super impressed. I should have put +1000 as one of the choices! Thanks for voting, guys.
I also didn't realize how many hardcore fans there are here with half the vote 300+series, since most galleries I've seen tend to be on just a handful of series...guess there isn't much correlation going on there, interestingly.
Good point! Even for me, a casual anime watcher, choosing what and what not to collect from has been a real challenge. I can only imagine what it's like for someone whose seen hundreds and wants to collect from them all.

Unless you have unlimited funds, of course. Then it's no sweat. :)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

In its entirety, probably 51-75. With longer series, like Naruto, I either skip filler arcs or just drop the series altogether. In that way, I appreciate the new 10-12 episode/season format. I can usually stay with a series for 10-12 episodes. Some series, I'll watch a couple of episodes, get bored, and never come back to it. For example, I still have yet to finish Polar Bear Café because, while cute and funny, every episode is a stand alone where characters never get any closer to their goal. Definitely a good feel good series, but not much else.

If I'm lucky, I watch maybe 2-3 series per season. This season, it's Makura no Danshi (5 min episodes..yays!) and Himouto! Umaru-chan. I dropped the new Death Note series; I got tired of them trying to make L out to be some hot stud with his gratuitous stripping every episode. Nope.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

I am pretty sure that I've only seen 11. Unless you count Naruto and Naruto Shippuden as 2, and Inuyasha and The Final Act as 2, then I've watched 13. I love long series!
I can't believe how many votes are for 300+ though. There's no way I could ever watch that much lol. I guess it's due to being picky about what I watch and not having the time in the first place. I literally haven't watched an episode of anything since March, when I was trying to get caught up on Fairy Tail.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:" :P " is the right expression if you meant hentai OVAs...that's pretty important right?? I don't recall watching that many normal anime OVAs and don't really keep track of them, since most releases never seem to get subbed. Except for Hentai of course, they always seem to get subbed, especially in Chinese.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should outright say it so I said it that way instead. :P

I've probably completed roughly around 480 H-OVAs, but you know how those are. The only way you can tell if an H-anime series is completed is if a new episode hasn't come out for at least 18-24 months and even then there are exceptions. The characters can all die off and yet still a new OVA episode will come out. Usually they animate alternate timelines to overcome the characters getting killed.

I tried to collect from a larger number of anime shortly before I stopped collecting, but I was only able to do it because I was buying inexpensive sketches. :shrug
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Ohhhh, my 890 count doesn't contain hentai stuff you know :P. I do watch h-ovas but i don't like to have mixed lists of hentai stuff with "normal" stuff.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, so you are more overpowered than I thought! :D
lunacels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by lunacels »

Wow, you guys are so well-versed! I rarely have time to watch much of anything, so I've not been adding to my count. At this point, I think it includes Last Unicorn, Mononoke Hime, Rayearth, Cowboy Bebop, Tenshi ni Narumon, Utena, and Sailor Moon. There are quite a few more I want to watch...but finding the time is a challenge!
MajinTangerine
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by MajinTangerine »

Lets see, I have seen both Dragonball and Z, Sailor moon, Death note, yu yu Hakusho, Naruto (Still going, but followed the manga to the end), LOVED TOKKO, and some others. I would say at most ten so we will go with that.