Manga/Light Novel to Anime wishlist

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Manga/Light Novel to Anime wishlist

Post by JWR »

It has been a few years since this was discussed. In that time I am sure that quite a few wishlist series have in fact been made into Anime.

So what series are still out there as well as new manga & light novels would hope to see be made in the future?

One I would like to see is a light novel by Akihiko Oduo "Tsukumodo Antique Shop"

The story revolves around so-called "Relics"—mysterious items with special powers that range from obviously dangerous to deceptively harmless—and the havoc they wreak. Again and again, Tokiya Kurusu and Saki Maino, two part-timers at the Tsukumodo Antique Shop, find themselves in new difficult situations as they help their employer, Towako Settsu, to take such Relics into custody.

It reminds me of the TV show Friday the 13th that ran in the late 80's.(not to be confused with the movie series)

Another light novel series that just completed with it's 7th book is Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, or The Empty Box and The Zeroth Maria, tells the story of Kazuki Hoshino, who is almost madly attached to his everyday life, and his antagonist Aya Otonashi, who suddenly transfers into his class at the end of the school year—for no less than the 13,118th time. Without hesitation, she announces her intent to “break” him. Kazuki's struggle to defend his everyday life begins, and the many secrets it is built on start to come to light.

I found it quite well written with sci-fi/horror elements

So any others on your personal wishlist?
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Manga/Light Novel to Anime wishlist

Post by kathpatty »

I would love 7 Seeds by Yumi Tamura be made into anime, It could be wonderful, and replace the Legend of Basara ( same mangaka) fiasco that ended way to soon !! :l
Red River, by Chie Shinohara was also a lovely shougo, it would transition well :^^:

Also,,,,,,,,, i am waiting for Bleach to continue :roll:
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't have any obvious choices now. I used to wait for a Gate and One Punch Man anime, but those just came out.

Mushoku Tensei would be nice, but it would have to be a very long anime. If they only adapted the beginning, it would lose a lot of its meaning. Mushoku Tensei was one of the earlier reincarnation-into-a-fantasy-world web novels written during this current "overpowered main character" trend we're having. It seems to be the most popular one based off of voter polls in Japan and it inspired other web novels that copied aspects of it. An anime would very likely be very rushed and make the story lose all of its subtlety

"When a Stupid FPS Player Falls Into Another World" might be interesting as an anime. It's about a very good online first person shooter player that transports to a fantasy world while retaining his weapons ability. It's different from the regular magic and sword fights.It might be good.

Iris Zero seemed like an obvious choice for an anime adaption. I liked the artwork, but the artist has had health problems. The manga went on long hiatus twice. The story was about how younger people gained an Iris ability to see things about other people. One person might be able to see when someone is lying while someone might be able to tell who the right person for a job might be. They could see marks above the other person's head. The main character is one of the rare people his age who was born without an ability. Fortunately for him, he is sharp enough to be able to figure out a lot of stuff even without having an ability crutch to rely on.

Gunka no Baltzar would be interesting as a Crimean War era, Germanic warfare/politics manga adaption.

Jin and Nobunaga no Chef would be good. They had live action adaptions, but no anime adaption. They have a surgeon and a cook respectively going into Japan's past. The stories are quite good (the manga are anyway)

I wouldn't mind a Clockwork Planet adaption just to see Ryuzu's yangire, cheeky antics animated. :bow2:
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

kathpatty wrote:Red River, by Chie Shinohara was also a lovely shougo, it would transition well :^^:
That's a good one. The Queen was a tenacious villainess and made the story quite fun.

I'd like to see some videogame series animated, but that happened pretty rarely.

Light Novel I'd say Spice and Wolf continuation.

Manga wise: Cho-Sangokushi -LORD by Ryoichi Ikegami. Its basically a more hardcore but condensed version of Romance of Three Kingdoms with lots of newly made up scenarios, hence "Cho". I liked it a lot better than the originally where it was super gender imbalanced.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I read that the Japanese web novel - "When a Stupid FPS Player Falls Into Another World" got picked up for publishing.

Who knows, maybe an anime will come out from it someday. Publishing is a step up at least.