Spring 2016 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Spring 2016 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

The Spring 2016 Anime Season will be here soon.

Here is AniChart:
http://anichart.net/spring

Crunchyroll genre chart (this is easier to read):
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ason-chart

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2016/03/26/spring-2016-preview/

I'd say I'm most looking forward to seeing there shows:

Netoge no Yome ------------------------------I've been enjoying the manga. I liked the riajuu and yandere jokes. Hopefully those will still carry through in the anime.
Re Zero ----------------------------------------Hopefully this will debut this season. It still doesn't have an airing date yet and that usually means it will be delayed until later
Kiznaiver---------------------------------------sounds somewhat interesting
Sousei no Onmyouji------------------------- maybe....if the characters aren't too annoying
Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends--- I'm kind of curious about that girl with the horns on her head :P
Seisen Cerberus ------------------------------sounds interesting
Flying Witch-----------------------------------I kind of liked the manga before I stopped reading it. It was a slice-of-life. Not sure if my interest in it will hold however
Hundred----------------------------------------This is another fighting mecha/school anime thing. I've already forgotten the cliches in it. It\'s been such a long time since I read the manga.

Sakamoto desu ga?----------------------------I read the manga and I've got to see at least one episode to see how crazy it is animated. I probably won't keep watching it though.
Macross Delta----------------------------------maybe
Big Order---------------------------------------Hopefully I'll prefer the anime to the manga. I had difficulty following the story in the manga.

I would like to see Re: Zero the most. I read the manga and heard future spoilers from the novel. It becomes pretty gripping later on. I doubt the anime would come close to reaching the best part though. :)

Does anyone see anything that might interest them?
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Srping 2016 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

This past reason was so-so, a few series stood out to me. Gate was most notable for me as the last minute letdown. It was getting marginally better till ep22 or so, then the last episodes just ruined my anticipation completely. Some other series I've been watching the episodes while grinding in Xenoblade...trying to get put a satisfying conclusion on it after 4 months/900hrs, trying to move onto other games but, this game has definitely set new standard for me with many criteria.

For the new season I'd like to check out:

Big Order(Anticipating it to be a fraction good as Mirai Nikki, but even then worth checking out)
Bungou Stray Dogs
Endride
Flying Witch
Hundred
Joker Game
Kiznaiver
Gundam RE:0096
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Kuromukuro
Macross Delta
Magi
Mayoiga
Re: Zero Kara
Seisen Cerberus
Seusei no Onmyouji
Terra Formars

Also really interested to see Garo: Movie and Under the Dog OVA.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, I don't know what happened with Gate there. I didn't like the ending either. If there's a third season I hope I will like it more. I want to see a funny scene that comes up later on.

Re: Zero turned out to be a 2-cour length series. It could turn out to be pretty good since it's supposedly 25-26 episode long. That might flush out the novel much better than the usual short length series anime. I liked the one hour special.

By the way...there's a yandere sister web novel here: :D
http://www.anotherparallel.space/yamato ... no-gotoku/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

There seem to be four main categories of reincarnation/summoning stories. These stories can usually be summarized as "I'm living a new life with an advantage that I didn't have in my previous life"

1. The main character is summoned and/or transported to a fantasy world where they gain game-like RPG abilities. They can become good at fighting and/or magic. Perhaps royalty summoned the heroes for a countrywide or worldwide crisis. The main character could be the summoned hero or they could be someone that was forced-summoned along with the heroes. The main character could have been transported to the same world as the world that they knew from a game and they use their knowledge of the game to help them travel,etc.. These stories are more like overpowered RPG adventurer stories.

2. The main character dies (often from a knife stabbing or truck accident) and is reincarnated as a child born in a fantasy world. The main character has an advantage over others because they have modern knowledge from their previous life. They also may be good at magic and/or leveling up. The main character tries to change the status quo of the people and the area around them. These stories are more action/political.

3. The main character goes through a gateway into a fantasy world or they hit their head and gain knowledge of their previous life in Japan. They protagonist uses their knowledge to help their family and friend's lives. The main character may have replaced a younger version of themself. With their future/ knowledge they try to improve things for the better or they try to eliminate a catastrophic threat.. This is more like a time traveler story.

4. The main character finds themself suddenly becoming a gaming or manga character. They become a character that will become a villain or they are close to someone who will become a villain (a sibling perhaps). The protagonist's goal is to prevent tragedy from happening to them (imprisonment and/or death). They may also work behind the scenes to try to prevent political enemies from gaining a strength. These stories are more social and political. They often deal with arrogant nobility.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Spring 2016 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

ReZero turned out to be pretty enjoyable for me and I'm still watching it. That wasn't a surprise. I thought I would like it.

Kabaneri was disappointing to me. I thought it started off really well, but I didn't like how the writing went after that. It's really a shame. I liked everything about it except the writing. Oh well.

I preferred the first half of "Net Game" to the second half, but I thought it had its humorous moments.

I didn't think that "Seisen Cerberus" was that good, but I did watch the whole thing. There wasn't much to it. It was quite plain all the way through.

I felt inconsistent about "Sakamoto". Sometimes I found it funny and sometimes not.

I'm still transferring my tapes to DVDs so I only watched five shows from this season.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I really should have watched more Macross, but I haven't watched any new Macross for ages. :hurt:

That Kabaneri Ending song was pretty good. I loved that cover that the fan group did for it:

https://youtu.be/AoIbSY8RdEA
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Here are the ones I been following/finished or up date within 1-2 episodes:

Jojo - more entertain than most series I've seen this season, the plot is weak compared to the other seasons, but I look forward to future eps.
Big Order - not bad overall, but its got nothin' on mirai nikki, NOTHING!!
Bungou Stray Dogs - I'd rate this 8/10 first 6 or so episodes, but my rating has since diminished
Endride - worst anime I've seen this season so far, and its still going! I'm gonna remember this
Flying Witch - lighthearted, fun watch
Hundred - crap x fanservice
Joker Game - ask me to predict whats going to happen at end of episode and it'll come true.
Kiznaiver - interesting idea, not a bad watch
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - reminds me of zombie version of atk on titan but series too short and didn't deliver in the end
Macross Delta - cliche to a never before seen level, despite it still good enough to be watched plot wise and the songs are catchy
Magi - first 6ish eps already was aired in the OVAs, haven't watched much after that yet.
Mayoiga - by ep11 I thought something serious was finally about to go down, sorta like "Another", but episode 12 epic failed
Re: Zero Kara - was good overall but some eps better than others, too much conversation and the main character much too melodramatic, ep15 really delivered though
Seisen Cerberus - was expecting a high quality epic series based on character design, setting and beginning plot but it ended at nowhere.
Seusei no Onmyouji - an ok watch so far
Terra Formars - action in some episodes and they cut back on background story bs quite a bit compared to previous season, looking forward to more
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow, you watched Endride? You're pretty tough. There are not many people that watched it. That anime is currently rated at 5.32 on MAL and it's 24 episodes long!

You did end up watching quite a few shows there. 8O