Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2016/2017 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/winter

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2016/12/26/winter-2017-preview/

There are a lot more titles that I recognize this season compared to the previous two seasons:

Akiba's Trip -- I'm going to watch this because of the humorous stripping storyline. I never got to read much of the manga and I never seen any of the game.

Chaos;Child -- I'll try this

Demi-chan wa Kataritai -- I'm enjoying the manga so I'll be watching this. The character interactions are what made it enjoyable for me.

Granblue Fantasy -- I've seen so much artwork with the characters. I'll check this out.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon -- I read a couple chapters of the manga and I don't think I will be watching it for long, but I'll try it or skim the first episode at least.

Kono Subarashii S2 -- I'll definitely be watching this. I hope they can parody more Isekai novels.

Kuzu no Honkai -- I think I remember the manga for this. I never felt like reading the manga, but I'll keep an eye out for this since if it's what I'm thinking of, it seemed to be a decent story.

Little Witch Academia -- I'll watch this. I liked the first one. I didn't see the second. I've been enjoying novels with witches in them lately.

Masamune-kun no Revenge -- I liked the manga for this, but I stopped reading it when the story became more serious. The backstory for the characters seemed better than average, but the beginning of the story focuses on more superficial stuff. The manga had nice artwork.

Seiren -- I like the character artwork. It's the same character designer as Amagami:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ime-seiren
I will be watching it.

Tales of Zestiria the X S2 -- I still haven't finished the first season. In the very least I will be getting the episodes.

Youjo Senki -- I will be watching this. It's an Isekai novel about a man reincarnating into the body of a young girl in another world. From there he turns into an evil leader. Hearing Aoi Yuuki voicing an evil, ruthless young girl should be fun. :D

There haven't been many of the "regular" kind of recent Isekai (other world) stories that have been adapted to anime yet. Most of the Isekai novels that have come out in the last three years involve going to another world via reincarnation or some kind of transferred summoning. Isekai anime have come out, but not many have used the usual tropes of obtaining a definite advantage in the other world (gaining a cheat superpower or using your modern/future events/game plot knowledge). Overlord was like that, but Log Horizon was more about living in a gaming world and KonoSuba and Re:Zero didn't make much difference that the main characters were from another world.

Someone even came out with an Isekai manga about Yamcha:
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=146016
http://plus.shonenjump.com/rensai_detai ... 0005918_57
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Winter 2016/2017 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

I ended up watching Ao no Exorcist S2, Chain Chronicle, Demi-chan, Hand Shakers, Kobayashi-san, Little Witch Academia, One Room, Seiren and Youjo Senki.

I seen one episode of KonoSuba S2, four episodes of Gabriel DropOut and three episodes of Akiba's Trip.

I believe that Youjo Senki is the first isekai anime adaption of the reincarnation type (from the recent trend). I'm enjoying Youjo Senki the most though I can understand people not liking her character at all (a lot of people don't). The clouds in the sky look good. Chain Chronicle has some pretty nice character designs. Demi-chan and Kobayashi-san are both fun.

Is the next Overlord novel in Japan really not coming out until August? I'm curious about the Elf country.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

So far the only one that has caught our fancy is Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interview with Monster Girls) this go round.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

JWR wrote:So far the only one that has caught our fancy is Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interview with Monster Girls) this go round.
I like how they changed Yuuki in the Opening sequence after her backstory in the anime got told.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So One Punch Man and Overlord will both get second seasons eh?

One Punch Man seemed like an obvious choice, but it was done by Madhouse and Madhouse hasn't done many second seasons in recent years. Overlord could be pretty good for the later arcs. I wanted to see the princess animated -- also Shallchair. :D