Spring 2017 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Spring 2017 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

I'm back from my trip to Oahu. I hadn't been there for a few years.

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/spring-2017

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2017/03/25/spring-2017-preview/

Renai Boukun --- I enjoyed the manga for this...up until a certain character showed up. My favorite comedic yandere is in this.

Granblue Fantasy --- I want to watch the rest of it.

Dungeon ni Deai --- I'll watch the second season. I won't know how this one will go because I didn't read up to this part.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism --- I liked how the manga began. Not sure if I'll like the rest of it, but I'll check it out.

Eromanga Sensei --- I stopped reading the manga because of the sister. Maybe the author just likes writing hard-to-tolerate main sister characters eh? :D

Clockwork Planet --- I enjoyed the beginning of the manga, but not as much the later on. I'll be happy to see the animated version of Ryuzu. I'm not sure how I feel about the softer colored artwork that they are using. I hope the artwork won't look fuzzy like Unbreakable Machine Doll did.

Shuumatsu Nani --- I've heard about the tragic elements of the novel's story. That was why I never read any of it, but I'll check out the anime.

The Eccentric Family -- I liked the first season so I will watch the second season.

Sagrada Reset --- The story sounds familiar, but I don't think this is the same story that I read as a manga. The manga story I read was rather tragic

Zero kara Hajimeru --- I liked the start of the manga. I heard the anime was coming out so I didn't read any of the novel. Might be interesting.

Shingeki no Kyojin S2 --- I'm definitely watching this one. I didn't read any of the manga so everything will be a complete surprise to me.

And I will continue to watch Little Witch Academia from the previous season.

Is anyone going to be watching anything from this upcoming season?
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Spring 2017 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I'd like to check out:

Seikaisuru Kado
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten
sin Nanatsu no Taizai --could swear this was a line of PVC figurines from orchardseed...don't anticipate to see a plot in this one though
GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation -- for the interesting looking character design
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden -- Wasn't there an unfinished manga series for this?
Gin no Guardian
CLOCKWORK PLANET
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
Re:CREATORS

Proven to be good from previous seasons:
BERSERK 2
Shingeki no Bahamut: VIRGIN SOUL
Shingeki no Kyojin 2
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote: Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden -- Wasn't there an unfinished manga series for this?
I don't know. Did the manga end? I haven't read any of the novels. I've only read the manga. I haven't been following much manga these days. I'm doing too much novel reading.

Hard to believe I started reading Renai Boukun four and half years ago. It feels like forever. Even Clockwork Planet was over three years ago.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So Kakegurui is going to have an anime adaption eh?

That psycho, yangire gambling stuff is going to be pretty crazy to see animated. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That first episode of Re: Creators was pretty good. I hope the rest of the series is decent. I hope it doesn't go down the Kabaneri/Aldnoah Zero route where the first episode is good with the action and the music, but the writing makes the rest of it disappointing. The ending song for all of their first episodes were pretty good.

I liked Alice to Zouroku, but the car CG looked bad. :D

Sakurada Reset was kind of dry with the unemotional dialog, but I'll see how it goes. Akashic Records wasn't as hard for me to watch as it was for me to read. I usually have a hard time reading main characters that are lazy and disrespectable, but it's easier to watch it as an anime because the pacing is faster.

Renai Boukun and Machiavellianism went about as expected, but neither Renai Boukun or Clockwork Planet made the female characters look as frightening as their manga versions. Clockwork Planet just rushed through it so fast that you didn't a good feel for the setup of the story. The characters suffered because of it. Oh well.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I thought that the building they met in in the second episode of Re: Creators looked like a real building so I looked it up. It turned out to be the Sunshine 60 building:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_60

You can see where the ending scene took place on the ground on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sunsh ... 39.7191322
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Re: Creators:
I heard that someone in the past wanted to have characters from different sources fight each other in an anime. I wonder if the lancer woman is a bit similar to Saber in terms of background? She might want to change/reverse events like Saber. Maybe she was partly inspired by Saber?