Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2017/2018 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/Winter-2018

For sure I will check out:

Beatless ----- Hmm...I think I read some of this manga a long time ago. I think I will watch it.

Citrus ------- I read the manga, but I'm not sure if I will watch this melodrama.

Death March ----- I couldn't read the webnovel because of the writing style, but I will check out the anime. I won't expect much. I think this is the closest to a "regular" isekai story anime adaption that we've had so far. KonoSuba is a parody. Youjo Senki and Re: Zero are not like the common isekai stories by any stretch. "Smartphone" was more like a simple and safe type of isekai. The main character in Death March is extremely overpowered - more so than most.

Karakai Jouzu ----- the manga was kind of cute so I will check out the anime. I probably won't watch it for long however.

Overlord S2 ----- I definitely look forward to seeing this. Can't wait to see some of the characters animated.

Violet Evergarden ----- I read the first story and kind of liked it so I will check out the anime.

Anyone planning on watching anything from next season?
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Winter 2017/2018 Anime Season

Post by jiangdc »

Takagi san 『Manga is soooo sweet』
Hakumei 『This manga have super beautiful background drawing』
Overlord 2 『well only because I finished 1』
Ito 『I am fan of that kind of manga』
Pop team epic 『Yes it's gonna be epic. As long as you know what they are talking about』
Well I feel we should celebrate CCS's new anime even though it doesn't produce cels.
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Overlord Season 2's closing credits are pretty good.

I don't think people should watch the Ending Credits if they haven't read the light novel though. 8O
aurumastrum

Post by aurumastrum »

Devilman Crybaby was incredible! I'm trying to wait for Violet Evergarden to also pop up on Netflix.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

Picked up Darling in the Franxx, largely because of Trigger's involvement. The show and especially Zero Two are so close to Evangelion and Asuka that it's uncanny, no surprise there really given that Trigger was founded by ex-Gainax people. However I could do without the blatant sexual overtones.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Speaking of "Darling in the FranXX"....didn't Evangelion have a mecha bashing scene in it too? :D Or maybe I'm misremembering.

I know I'm missing out on some of the better, more dramatic anime, but right now I'm primarily watching these mostly lighter comedic stuff:

Beatless
Black Clover
Cupid's Chocolates S2 (Chinese)
Darling
Death March
Marchen Madchen
Overlord S2
Soul Land (Chinese)
Toji no Miko (Katana Maidens)

Soul Land is another isekai anime (and another reincarnation isekai story). So far I like it better in many ways compared to Tales of Demons and Gods. It's not quite as easy for the main character and it has less isekai cliches.

Black Clover took awhile to get going, but I'm enjoying it now. Overlord S2 is adapting the novels rather well compared to the first season.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay that Overlord S2 episode 9 was pretty fun. I kept replaying the Sebas beat down and the Princess ending scenes multiple times.

Watching YouTube reactions of anime fans watching anime episodes is fun too.