Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Summer 2018 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/Summer-2018

Random Curiosity:
https://randomc.net/2018/06/29/summer-preview-2018/

Looks like there are at least three isekai anime this season.

Overlord S3 is coming out. This should contain my favorite part of the novel's story so far.

I'll check out Jashin-chan because I remember the violent humor of the manga. :P

I read Isekai Maou story, but as with many others I didn't like how it went after awhile so I stopped reading it. I'm not surprised it got an anime because of the fanservice that's in it. Not sure if I'll watch any of it, but I'll skim it at least.

If the Chinese anime for Release That Witch comes out I'll try to watch that too.

Anyone watching anything?
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Summer 2018 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Not sure how you'd define Chinese series here. This previous season I've been enjoy Hitori no Shita season 2. But also a bunch of nice Japanese series. The summer will have a bit fewer series I'd be interested, but still quite a few:

Aguu: Tensai Ningyou
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
BANANA FISH
FLCL Alternative
Happy Sugar Life
Island
Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou
Muhyo to Rouji no Mahoritsu Soudan Jimusho
Overlord III
Planet With
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Shichisei no Subaru
Shingeki no Kyojin 3
Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well the only Chinese anime I know about are the ones that get posted along with Japanese anime AND the ones posted on that DDL website (and he gets them from somewhere else). I usually don't find out about them ahead of time. Often the Chinese anime I see aired 3 to 28 months ago. It feels like when I was first watching Japanese anime regularly in 1996 - I only could watch what I ran across (and couldn't watch them when they were airing).

I stopped watching Soul Land and am currently watching Battle Through the Heavens and Feng Shen Ji. I liked Feng Shen Ji more later when it was about stuff other than fighting. The fighting was okay, but since it occurred at the start of the series, it was difficult to feel for the characters at that point. Fighting stories rely on you feeling vested in what they're fighting for.

I see there's a Chinese anime called Prince of Billiard, but I decided not to get that one. There's a "shoujo" Chinese anime called Whited Nighttime out there. I think that was the first young girls Chinese anime that I've run across English subbed so far. I was going to try an episode of Nuwa Chengzhang Riji too.

Oh I forgot I was watching that 1930s Chinese mafia 3-D anime too. I'm having a hard time remembering these titles because I can't use Myanimelist for most of them, the episodes come out irregularly and because I can find very few discussions on them. It's easy to forgot titles.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Alright...these are the Chinese anime subbed into English that I've run across in the last year (I think these were the anime that were not listed in the regular "Upcoming Anime" lists):

Full Time Magister (Quanzhi Fashi)
Monster List (Yaoguai_Mingdan)
Jack of All Trades (Tongzhizhe)
Taking Everybody's Husband Home
Wangpai Yushi
Sword Dynasty (Jian Wang Chao)
Zombie Brother (Shi Xiong)
Chinese Mystery Man (Zhongguo Jingqi Xiansheng)
Die Now (Duan Nao)
Devil Ring The (Jie Mo Ren)
Fox Spirit Matchmaker (The Chinese version)
Tales of Demons and Gods
My Cultivator Girlfriend (Wo De Tian Jie Nu You)
Black and White Warriors (Heibai Wushang)
The Running Heroes
Cupid's Chocolates
Chao You Bing
I'm Joybo
Way of Choices (Ze Tian Ji)
Uncharted Walker
Bloody Code
Soul Land
Everlasting Immortal's Firmament
Wo Jia Dashi Xiong Naozi You Keng
My Holy Weapon
Transcend the Gods
Revelation
Battle Through the Heavens
The Young Imperial Guards
Fire x Fire
Wonderland
A Portrait of Jianghu
Dream Tower
KisKis (candy commercials)
White Nighttime
Feng Shen Ji
Prince of Billiard
Nuwa Chengzhang Riji
Great King of the Grave

Looks like more of these are listed on MAL now.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow that Chinese anime "A Portrait of Jianghu - Reincarnated Disciple" was something else. As far as I know, the English fansub stopped at episode 7. I tried to find a web novel for it, but no success. I'm not good at searching in Chinese either. Finally I searched for links on YouTube and was skimming the episodes of 8-20.

There's a lot of comedy in it and it has a lot of silly moments, but sometimes it gets pretty serious. Episode 20 had 199 thousand hits and 282 comments in Chinese so I figured that something was up about it. That was a really crazy episode! I wasn't expecting that ending. That was a spooky ending.

BIG SPOILERS FOR SERIES (at least two possible character deaths):
episode 20:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWckZdirbkA

So the girl at the end got killed and came back really pissed off (with freakish power)? Or was she already dead to begin with? That doesn't look good for somebody. Is she pissed at the main character for not saving her? 8O

Gotta try to watch more of it somehow. Not sure where to go for the next episode.