Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Fall 2018 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/fall-2018

Random Curiosity:
https://randomc.net/2018/09/21/fall-2018-preview/

I don't know very many of these titles since I've read novels for so long, but I definitely look forward to seeing Goblin Slayer. I've enjoyed the manga and what I read of the novel, but I could see it easily going wrong if they don't adapt it properly.

Ore ga Tsuki ----- I think I read the first chapter and found it okay so I'll check out the anime.
Slime Tensei ----- Didn't really get into the novel, but I'll check it out anyway.
Akanesasu Shoujo ----- sounds interesting
Kishiku Gakuen no Juliet ----- sounds like a manga I read a long time ago. I'm not sure if I will watch it however.
Irozuku Sekai ----- sounds interesting

Ulysses and Conception might be fun to watch. I'll stick to watching mostly lighter themed shows again.

EDIT:

Oh...that reminds me. Besides the Chinese anime that these lists miss, I noticed lately that they also don't list smut even when it's listed as a TV series. How do these mostly-H/H-series air on TV?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36840/25- ... oshikousei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37320/Ama ... Senyou_Pet

I ran across these unsubbed series on an H-site.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Fall 2018 Anime Season

Post by JWR »

So far the next chapters of SAO & Index and the 3rd Godzilla movie will be on my list
Ingress looks interesting enough to check out
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I haven't checked out a lot of shows yet, but the first episode Goblin Slayer turned out to be decent. It seems like a decent adaption so far.

Zombieland Saga ep1--- now that was just crazy. I liked how they animated it (like her eyes darting around). Pretty funny. Can't wait for the next episode.

Ore ga Suki ep1 --- wow...Sister Princess. Nice mention there. I'd still like t know who was voicing them. Maybe they just used an old recording because they sounded similar to the original seiyuu.

Slime Tensei ep1 was well animated. I sure wish Overlord S3 would have been well animated. :(

Too many shows to watch.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Due to all the stuff going on lately, I only managed to keep up with three shows from this season -

Goblin Slayer
Slime Tensei
Tales of Demons and Gods season three

I enjoyed Goblin Slayer. The fights could have been handled better, but for the most part I thought the story was adapted decently.

Slime Tensei was adapted pretty well. It just goes to show that it's much better to have a "good" adaption of an "okay" story rather than an "okay" adaption of a "good" story. How well a story gets adapted is the key to most anime nowadays.

Tales of Demons and Gods still has all of the over-knowledgeable, reborn main character quirks to it that you see in a lot of Asian web novels. I'm still enjoying it. The main character is such a smart aleck. You don't see as many of those in Japanese web novels (compared to Chinese web novels).
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Recently I started to get into chinese series as well. Was quite impressed with 5th season of Qin's Moon(much less so with 1st and 3rd season) as well as its gaiden series the Nine Songs of the Moving Heaven. Apparently the initial series was hyped up to be the spearhead of modern chinese animation, which, abolished focus of the traditional education theme. Too bad season 6 seems to be experiencing a prolonged delay for unexplained reasons, sadly.

Also enjoyed Shaonian Ge Xing and Shaonian Jinyiwei. Others have been hit and miss, such as Wu Geng Ji, Mo Dao Zu Shi and The King's Avatar.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, lately I've been watching "The Daily Life of the Immortal King" (from a YouTube poster). It was supposedly partially inspired by "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K". Some parts are pretty silly, but I enjoyed it (only one episode to go).

With that logo at the beginning it looks like it might have been a Noitama series. That would explain the animation quality. It did get emotional at the end and it made my eyes water over.

Hope you are doing well. /no1
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

Keropi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 am Yeah, lately I've been watching "The Daily Life of the Immortal King" (from a YouTube poster). It was supposedly partially inspired by "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K". Some parts are pretty silly, but I enjoyed it (only one episode to go).

With that logo at the beginning it looks like it might have been a Noitama series. That would explain the animation quality. It did get emotional at the end and it made my eyes water over.
I love this series! Definitely saw the Saiki K spirit in it. I forget where I left off, I last watched it in February. The quality in animation is nice and I love the silliness. <3

Some other Chinese series I watched that are really nice is The King’s Avatar and I'm Joybo.
Movie wise The Legend of Luo Xiao Hei is absolutely amazing and such a eye candy treat! Highly Recommend it.*o*

Mo Dao Zu Shi was okay, but I don’t think I finished season one. XD
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 am Yeah, lately I've been watching "The Daily Life of the Immortal King" (from a YouTube poster). It was supposedly partially inspired by "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K". Some parts are pretty silly, but I enjoyed it (only one episode to go).

Hope you are doing well. /no1

Hmm, this was on my list to check out actually. Will give it a go.

Did a sweep awhile back on chinese anime that are 3D & action/adventure/sci-fi genre starting 2016 based on a myanimelist list Jyzal composed. Finished over a dozen good series and dropped more than that. A few action ones were quite spectacular. Just can't stand how slow the eps update even though they are usually quite short..and then some sequel seasons just get axed by the authority and never get into production. Theres this awesome Thriller called Double Life that fans have been waiting for since 2017 that just ended on a cliff hanger after the 2nd part of season 1 was announced. Pain in the rear to produce series in china.

Been doing decent, haven't been busy recently lol What you been up to these days?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Have either of you watched that Chinese anime with that reincarnating guy in an alternate history 1930s Chinese mafia sort of story? I don't know the actual name of the anime. It was listed as something like "A Portrait of Jianghu", but that title is the same as another seemingly unrelated Chinese anime. I ran out of English subbed episodes so I couldn't understand a lot of what was going on.

SPOILER
What happened to that girl that was laid on the railroad track? Did she get killed, come back to life and return with a superpower ability? I didn't watch any episodes after that one. She looked pretty upset that she wasn't rescued from death by the main character.
END OF SPOILER
theultimatebrucelee wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:16 pm Theres this awesome Thriller called Double Life that fans have been waiting for since 2017 that just ended on a cliff hanger after the 2nd part of season 1 was announced. Pain in the rear to produce series in china.

Been doing decent, haven't been busy recently lol What you been up to these days?
Yeah, I've been wondering about some of the Chinese anime. Did that "Release That Witch" anime get cancelled because the web novel's author stopped writing it all of a sudden? I know the Chinese cracked down on web novels in terms of what subjects were not allowed to be written about. They also lowered the amount of ecchiness they would tolerate in web novels. Did the anime get cancelled?

I'm doing okay. I worked until Monday. My workplace was too slow so they had to send even more employees on leave. I wouldn't be surprised if only the managers are working there now doing everything. Our sales dropped from five digits a day to four digits. It was extremely slow. Well...I'd better start exercising before I gain weight. :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Haha, that's Double Life, the one I was talking about that haven't had any signal since over 2 years ago after initial part 2 announcement. A Portrait of Jianghu currently has 5 different stories going, double life was the 4th one.
So her name is Yong Er, also was revealed at the end that her nickname is Yi Di Shui(translated to The Water Drop), apparently, shes connected to the old guy that hosted the wedding tournament and is likely his senior/mentor, that would make her quite old. You can see she at the end displayed overwhelming power as well, which, she had intentionally hidden from the main character. Shes also extremely interested in the main character but also now harbor hatred towards him for not returning her feeling and making the decision to not come to her rescue. The director of the series also confirmed that she's going to be the main character in part 2. But...where the heck is part 2??!

And yeah, so quite a few sequel series is stuck in limbo now and fans are suspecting it has something to do with the tightening control on the contents in recent couple of years. It's really unfortunate since Chinese anime exp'd exponential growth in the last 2/3 of the decade and the development companies have enough talent, resources, and tech to develop spectacular contents, especially in the 3D area becoming modern e.g. White Snake & The Wind Guardians...but always have to keep side glancing at the big brother : (

So i guess this is a good time to be catching up with life...at home. whatever happened to all those social experts that called for less social media and more human interaction/outdoor networking i wonder.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, so that's why it was called that eh? That's interesting. The 3-D in that series was decent. It's too bad there's no anime continuation for it. I was wondering what was going to happen to that blonde woman. She was put in a difficult position.

I'll have to check out those websites with video links to see what might be coming out. I don't know of any other way of knowing. There used to be a website I could DDL them on to check them out, but with the huge number of advertisements they added it's too much of a pain to get them now. It's a lot easier to stream them instead.

It's too bad with the crackdown it'll make it harder to get certain stories told or adapted. Main characters are more ruthless in Chinese anime. It's something different.

Saturday morning the Bakarina anime debuts. It should be fun. I think it's the first Otome Game isekai anime and first Villainess isekai anime adaption. Unless the Chinese made one first.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:45 pm Ah, so that's why it was called that eh? That's interesting. The 3-D in that series was decent. It's too bad there's no anime continuation for it. I was wondering what was going to happen to that blonde woman. She was put in a difficult position.
Yeah im curious about that too,
although she was the cause of the entire series anyway. Its just ironic every one of her schemes came back to bite her yet she just carries on.
It also sucks that there aren't many dedicated subbers for chinese series, so often times viewers are stuck with the barebone translation thats not only incoherent but sometimes just straight up misleading.

It's too bad with the crackdown it'll make it harder to get certain stories told or adapted. Main characters are more ruthless in Chinese anime. It's something different.
Yeah, certainly also less polite/formal verbally and with gestures. that takes out a lot of unnecessary dialogs which i find annoying with some series. also find it interesting that characters are less definable simply as good or evil by their actions, sometimes anyways.

Saturday morning the Bakarina anime debuts. It should be fun. I think it's the first Otome Game isekai anime and first Villainess isekai anime adaption. Unless the Chinese made one first.
definitely on my list to check out, last season was one of the more plain ones i recall from recent years, this season looks to be slightly better. The other really interesting ones for me are BNA, Gleipnir, Fugou Keiji, and Kingdom 3.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I seen the Bakarina anime is it was pretty well done for a novel adaption. They left out the details about her adopted brother, but the comedy went well.

I wish there were better subs for Chinese anime. Most of the time they are really rough...almost like those old anime bootleg DVDs with the machine translations.

Yeah, oftentimes the Chinese main characters not only wants to defeat the villains, they also want to embarrass their entire family and ruin their reputations. :D

There aren't as many ruthless Japanese main characters. There used to be more in the 1990s, but not many now. Unassertive/normal types are the norm now. Can't wait for "The World Of Otome Games Is Tough For Mobs" anime to come out because the main character makes fun of the antagonists when they fail. There was another Japanese novel protagonist that did that that's getting an anime adaption, but I've forgotten the title.