Old cancelled anime?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Old cancelled anime?

Post by noildoof »

I've been curious about cancelled titles from the era of cel animation ever since Kenny Lauderdale's video on Kamen Senshi Lavithunder. I've only ever heard of one other title like that where promotional material got released but the actual anime was canned, and it was an adaptation of the Lemon People manga "Gekisatsu! Uchuuken."

I'm wondering how many other titles like that might be out there, where the only trace is maybe a magazine article with a few screenshots or a promo EP/LP. Does anyone know of any other titles in this category?
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Old cancelled anime?

Post by GuyvarIII »

I know there will always be something missing in my life, because there were no

Satanika (NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGVzzmaGTbw

and

Warrior Nun Areala
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jimzSaxe6Y

Animes.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

Oh man, those look awesome! I've actually heard of Warrior Nun Areala before, years ago I saw an action figure in a comic book store. I always thought it was just a comic series, never knew it was supposed to get an anime.

It makes me kind of sad to know that there will never be another anime with the cel-animated looks of the 80s and 90s...
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by noildoof »

I just heard about another old title that never got made. It was called "Venus Boy," and was based on an old scifi 50's novel for kids. It was to be made by Hiro Media, the same people who brought us such "classics" as Roots Search, M.D. Geist, and The Humanoid. Since Hiro Media went out of business in 1987, it never got finished (or maybe it never went past pre-production?) There's a little bit of info on it in this article.