35%
SSJ2
65%

Total votes: 17

Goldknight
RULER

Is Teen Gohan SSJ or SSJ2?

Post by Goldknight »

This has been bugging me for awhile. The teen Gohans that I've owned I've always labeled SSJ. I see other galleries labeling their Teen Gohan cels SSJ2. Now I always thought that Gohan was only SSJ2 during the cell games. That's why when he was fighting Dabura he was trying to remember how he ascended. I don't believe he ever reached SSJ2 as a teen, but I'm curious what everyone here thinks and why they think that. There probably isn't a right or wrong answer here, but I thought it would raise a great debate.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

From my understanding, Gohan only went SSJ2 twice. In the Cell Saga and in one of the movies (Bojack wasn't it?)

I know a lot of people label teen Gohan as SSJ2, but I do *not* believe that to be correct. :?

*EDIT* 8O Feels weird to be posting in DBZ sections again... LMAO! ;)

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

He is SSJ2 - He just has less power than before
You'll notice that in the world tournament - he shows Kibito 'The Next Level'

Which he does - Vegita comments that he has far less power than his fight with cell. Which is true - he has less power - but he is still able to reach ssj2 (just not as - 'Ultra' - like in the cell games etc)
...just one more
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

i'm with nathan on this one, he's ssj 2 but weak.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Marshy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Marshy »

I always thought he was ssj2 aswell for,i always thought this because of when he was taking the z sword out of the mountain he couldn't do it in ssj form and then he powered up even more and it gradually came out,so I thought when he powered up even more he went ssj2
Dragon_gal
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Dragon_gal »

I always assumed he was SSJ2, I'm sure there was a reason that I think this. Although I'm sure it was said by Vegeta or someone that he was weaker than vs Cell, I don't think he would have slipped back that far. Maybe I'm wrong though, haven't seen those eps for a while now.
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

After watching those episodes, I was left with the impression that Teen Gohan was SSJ2. I honestly can't say for sure though, I would have to watch the eps again. (it's been awhile).
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Just to add some perspective - When Young SSj2 Gohan was fighting cell - there was a stage in which he said something like - Father - My power has been cut in half'
Yet he was still in SSJ2 Form. Maybe that half power was his full power in the Buu Saga. I don't know. But if you think about it - once they turn SSJ -They always can... I don't think once they have reached a level that they go back... just if they don't train... It's the weakest version of that form...
...just one more
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

I know I've read something about this somewhere ... I wish I could remember *where* it was though. :?

Anyway, the whole reason SSJ2 Gohan cels have always been so expensive is because he's only SSJ2 for *so short* a time ... Cell Saga and the movie ... :shrug Oh well, until I get the "oomph" to search for the site, I can't back anything up ... and since DBZ is a low priority for me, I doubt I'll find that oomph. ;)

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Mr. Yac
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Mr. Yac »

ya know i could never tell the difference anyway, they look the same to me, and hell Gohan seems to get beat up no matter what levels he's at anyway so it doesn't matter much :)
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Hmmm - I understand what Your Saying S.Wolfie...
I found some things interesting to - Like Mystic Gohan is in less episodes fighting Buu - thatn SSJ2 Gohan (I think) Same with Vegitto...
I think because you have - the climax of a series - a powerful moment - etc etc - that's why they are so rare. Adult SSJ2 Gohan is on screen a lot more - and easier to find.. he's usually not in the most 'critical' moments of the Buu series...
Maybe that's it... I used to think that SSJ1 Gohan in Buu saga was when he was training with Goten.. his hair was more wavy - and his fring thingy was not defined - like this *goes off to search for cel*
http://www.gold-knight.com/teengohan1.html - see he has a little tufft hanging off - whereas in the world tournament part he goes SSJ - then says to Kibito - You wanna see the next level - Screams -
Light show happens - and then the dramatic falling of the all the concrete slabs... and He is SSJ2 - Vegita then says - bah - he has less power than he did fighting cell... blah blah blah
I am not 100% sure... but this whatI think...
...just one more
Marshy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Marshy »

I don't know if Nathan has just made this point but I will say it anyway you can most of the time tell when one of them is ssj2 because when they are ssj there aren't alot of strands of hair but then when they go ssj2 there are a lot of strands for example

SSJ1

http://www.gold-knight.com/teengohan1.html

SSJ2

http://capcelcorp.rubberslug.com/galler ... emID=28268
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I was with you SW. I just figured SSJ2 in cell games and movie. That's why the cels were more pricey. I was under the impression that maybe he was an USSJ as a Teen???? I think it's funny how a currect cel of mine and a cel that I used to own were used to compare. LOL. True the tufts of hair gave it away as a kid, but I don't know about the teen part. The fact that Vegeta said he was weaker and the fact that he kept having to hear his dad say "use the pain of loss" and trying to imagine his fight with cell to remember how to get that power.....just makes me think he didn't reach it again. When he was SSJ2 he was more sure of himself and he never showed that sort of personality as a Teen until he reached the Ultimate form. I'm still not convinced he was ever SSJ2 as a teen, but there are some pretty good arguments out there to make you think twice about it. You know what I did notice is that trading magazines and such only ever label Gohan as SSJ2 on cards and stuff when he's a kid. They always have his teen form labeled SSJ. How do you explain that? Like the becket magazines and such. :?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

When he was SSJ2 he was more sure of himself and he never showed that sort of personality as a Teen until he reached the Ultimate form.
ya but that could be said regular ssj as well, just look at goku in the namek saga.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I think that I know why the GEEK test played well here, should we talk about Star Trek too 8O
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.