What about Dragonball GT?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

What do you think of Dragonball GT?

I love it, I'll watch it again & again!
12%
It's stupid, I will never watch it!
12%
It's ok to see all 64 episodes once, but then no more!
32%
I only like a certain part of the show, the rest is boring!
44%

Total votes: 25

SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

What about Dragonball GT?

Post by SS Kakarot »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what everyone on this board thinks of DBGT.
DBGT has just ended over here in The Netherlands, and most people that I have spoken did not like it.
I myself love it, and find that it is just as good as DB and DBZ.

Ok, now it's your turn.
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I dont mind DBGT. There some aspects of it that I like
and some that am not too fond of. I know alot of people
dislike it as well, it was just nice to have something else
to watch after DB & DBZ was done with, even if it was
not as good :P
Sakon
Kamisama - God

Post by Sakon »

When DBGT was on the International Channel - I only watch like 10 episodes until I quit watching it - it was to dry and dull - the same-ol'-same-ol' fighting - not meaning I dislike the fighting scenes but after watching a few hundred episodes it kinda got a bit old and boring. Some other aspects of DBGT I dislike but can't seem to find the words. :?

Just my 2 cents.

Garrett
"Forgive, But Never Forget." Anonymous
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

I like certain parts of it. Although most people think it was greedy of FUNi to skip straight to the Bebi Saga, I was glad they did. I have all the Japanese episdoes on VCD and frankly, I wouldn't have bought the American DVDs of those first episodes.

Eh. Maybe I would've. Anyway, it was good marketing strategy, I think.

I hate Goku as a kid again. The only good thing about GT is SSJ4 and Vegeta, although having watchd the Bebi Saga now through to the end, I'll probably watch it again because it's better than I orginally thought.

And that's my 1.89 yen.
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

dbzmomma wrote:I hate Goku as a kid again. The only good thing about GT is SSJ4 and Vegeta
I really agree with this..
I could not stand the first episodes because I think Pan is very annoying(sorry all you Pan fans out there) and I did not like the way Trunks was/is drawn, so I skipped those.

They even managed to make Vegita look like a total wuss, I do not really remember the episode but it was after Bebi left his body.

No, I am not a DBGT fan :)
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

I didn't like the first several episodes when they go to the robot/metal planet searching for the dragonballs. I guess it was necessary to set up the bebi plot line but it was really not very interesting. Vegeta did look tough before bebi gets him. And, it has gotten a little better since they got back to earth. That's as far as I went on the DVD's, the first several episodes turned me off of it.
Dragon_gal

Post by Dragon_gal »

I watched it once to see what they did with the story, but never again. It upset me what they did to the characters, so I try to ignore it as best I can!
Bevhippy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Bevhippy »

To be honest I only watched the first couple of episodes, I didn't like them so I didn't bother with the rest.
Depressed beyond tablets,
Bored beyond pills!!!
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I am glad I have watched it thus far. As a 'sequal' of sorts, there are parts of the formulae that are missing. I still didn't like the whol concept of Goku being a child, but understand why they did it.

As the series has gone on, I have found myself wanting to watch more an more, but never like I did with DBZ.

To be honest, I think the avid DBZ watchers here could have collectively written something that Rivalled GT.
...just one more
Darth_Bulma

Post by Darth_Bulma »

I have a mixed opinion about DBGT. /hmm I think the story lines had potential, but for some reason they just kept falling short of their mark.
I couldn't stand Pan! She was just way too annoying. She was like Chi Chi's "Mini Me" or something. I also couldn't stand the way the character designs were changed. Especially Trunks, his was the worst! He looked like a wimpy geek. However, Vegeta looked pretty awesome. My list goes on and on, but I think you can see my point. There were just as many things that I liked about the series, as I disliked.
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"-- thank god for that. :p
chrono1984
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by chrono1984 »

My feelings on the show are very mixed at best. On the one hand I love DB and loved prolonging the end by 64 episodes and the Goku Jr. movie, but on the other the show brought nothing of value to the series. Well some of the character designs are kinda cool, but that's also the only part of the series Akira Toriyama had a hand in.

I've seen it once, had some fun, but never ever need to see it again.
ogr81vegeta
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ogr81vegeta »

I'm mixed on it. I liked parts and then there were parts that I didn't care for. I liked dbz way better. I haven't seen the american version yet. I've only watched what I had downloaded :D
"Falling from heaven is not as difficult as surviving the impact"
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

OK, this got me thinking...

Who was the second (I was the first) person that voted for "I love it, I'll watch it again & again!"?
And who voted for "It's stupid, I will never watch it!"?

Just curious. :)
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

There are a few classic moments (Pulling Goku's tail and Goku/Vegeta SSJ4 interaction), but overall it left me cold :roll:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Mr. Popo
Eiketsu - Mastermind

dbgt

Post by Mr. Popo »

I liked it although as tough as this is to say the first esp. where they are looking for the black star balls gets a little tedious. But on the other hand wail I think Funimation did have the right idea as far as edition those esp. into what was it two I think they needed to introduce pan a little better since we isn’t really get a chance to know her in DBZ, she was only in the last few DBZ and was only a baby at that time.

Echo