What is roleplaying?
6%

Total votes: 16

GergisKhan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

How many Anime people like RolePlaying?

Post by GergisKhan »

I'm doing some research.

How many of you like roleplaying? D&D, DragonStorm, Rifts, Gurps, Star Wars, it doesn't matter.

Extra points if you know what Big Eyes Little Mouth is. :wink:

Comments about what you love about RPing are VERY appreciated, as well as your favorite system.
GergisKhan

"Go. Teach them not to mess with us."
-- Cao Cao, Dynasty Warriors 3
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I enjoy roleplaying games, although I haven't played any lately. It's fun to be someone else for awhile.

I don't have a clue what Big Eyes Little Mouth is.
ImageImage
GergisKhan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GergisKhan »

I'll let a few more people post up guesses before I say what it is.
GergisKhan

Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Oooh.. I love RPGs.

I'm particularly fond of White Wolf's games. Most especially Werewolf: the Apocalypse. (signature quote is one of my characters favorite lines. heh) I've always been a werewolf nutcase, so when this game came out I was in 7th heaven. :) I love the fact that they allow for intelligence when in crinos (half wolf/half human) and that they aren't *just* killing machines. There's a reason behind what they do. I also very much appreciate the whole nature worship - and that basically the earth is a living being.

For those who know the game, I generally play one of three tribes: Black Fury, Shadow walker or - if I can work one in - Red Talon. I *looooove* the Red Talons - even if they do border on (or outright delight in) being killing machines. ;) But they have good reason. ;) The quote below is from one of the Red Talon characters I played for quite some time, who was a bit fanatical in her beliefs. ^_^;

Online my old Black Fury has evolved into being seduced by evil, and now is Black Spiral Dancer - and she's sooooo much fun to play. :P I'm working on writing some of her background to have online showing the time from when she was a cub to "present" time.

others I've played and enjoyed (when you have a GOOD game master / dungeon master) would be D&D/AD&D, and LARP Vampire: the Masquerade / W:tA. LARP (live action role-play for those not familiar) is incredible amounts of fun, as long as the people you play with are at least semi-sane. *laughs* I played a few times in Oceanside when I was living in So Cal and it was a BLAST. :) Now I'm stuck in Dallas and the only gaming groups are mostly younger teens - but I've played a game or two with them, and as long as its not strictly hack & slash I'm cool playing with them. I'd love to find an adult W:tA group though :\

Ok, I've babbled enough - can you tell I'm tired? Hehehe ;)

Sheri

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Erm.. no idea what Big Eyes Little Mouth is either.

Also, to expand a bit more on why I love RPGs - one reason is like Tabbykitty said - its fun to be someone else for a while. And since y'all know I'm bizarre anyway.. playing a werewolf is just kickass. ;) Like some of my profiles have said other places - I really feel I *am* a wolf trapped in a human body, or was a wolf in a past life or something. :P I just have a connection to them that's inexplicable. So it's just cool to let that side of me out once in a while. :emb *chuckles* Ok, if you didn't think I was weird before you prolly do now. ;)

Sheri :emb :whip :hammer
-- resident lupine fanatic

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

I voted before thinking - sorry, cracked my head but good this morning and my brain isn't settled yet. :borg I do know what roleplaying is, though I've only done it a few times, playing D&D. The first time, everyone but myself and a dwarf died trying to get rid of a living wall, and the next few meetings involved appeasing a dog. :roll: It was much fun (and our Dungeon Master is a riot).

But what is the big eyes little mouth thing? :wink:
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Love roleplaying, but like PK haven't done it in awhile. Did D&D in college. Played Bard's Tale on the old Apple IIe. Played some RPGs on the old Sega way back when. I would consider buying another RPG for my computer if I wasn't in the damn chat room all the frickin' time. :lol:
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

I don't roleplay, but my son does (Zell/Dylan). Mostly Playstation games - just picked up Yu-Gi-Oh.

On the other hand, REALLY role playing - dressing up in costume - I could get into! Unfortunately, there are no females I'd like to dress as, except Renaissance women. Going to make an elaborate Halloween costume this year, I think. Otherwise, I'd like to be Goku for a day! :love :love2
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
GergisKhan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GergisKhan »

Enough teasing, I suppose.

Big Eyes, Little Mouth is actually an anime RPG. I read through the rulebook in an hour or so, cracking up at how they arranged the system.

If I ever manage to meet a bunch of you in a single place, this is the game I'd say we should play. It is HYSTERICAL.

The system works pretty well, there are VERY cool advantages, and flaws to match even the greatest of heros (yes, FOOD is a flaw they listed; Goku should be NO problem to write up as a character).
GergisKhan

Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

Yes what my husband forgot to tell you is that Big Eyes, Little Mouth is an RPG based on anime characters. So if you want to creat Goku you could, eating food at an inappropiate time is his flaw. "I am off to Korin's to get sensa beens for Videl who just got her ass kicked and while he is there he chows down. :roll:

Or for you Vegeta fans, you could be him with Pride as his flaw. Etc.

I have played Dungeons and Dragons (and advanced), Larps, Aeon (Trinity) , and Dragon Storm.
Buy the way in Dragon Storm you can be a Human Dragon, Human Werewolf (Sheri you would love this), Tigrean (Tiger Humanoid) Dragon, Foxwings characters.. etc. It is so easy to make a character and set up a game, that within like 30mins you are playing. THere are no really problems with rules etc. I am a Tigrean Dragon. She is just aweosme.
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
Nightwind
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Nightwind »

It has been a while but i used to roleplay a lot be for I had kids. Now to wait for them to be old enough to play with me!

:bounce
"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim
Sith-Krillin
Kaioshin - Diety
Kaioshin - Diety

Post by Sith-Krillin »

I've played Final Fantasy 7, is that kind of the same thing??
:bubbles
-D
:fro
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " - Frank Sinatra
GergisKhan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Thanks

Post by GergisKhan »

Thanks for the voting, guys. I know it's a small sample size, but it gives me some ideas about the anime community in general.

I appreciate it.
GergisKhan

Third-child
Kamisama - God

I do. I am in 2 different games..

Post by Third-child »

I do. I am in 2 3E D&D games. I have been in both for over 2 years going. :-)

Other than that I did a BBC one shot once.. that was fun too.. Kill the boomers.