Who would you pick to die if you had too?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

If one of the 4 main good guys had to die, who would you pick?

Inuyasha
27%
Kagome
23%
Miroku
31%
Sango
19%

Total votes: 26

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Who would you pick to die if you had too?

Post by duotrouble »

A rather morbid question, I know! But I'm often curious about strange things like this. So who would you pick out of the 4 main good guy characters to die? Would there death be heroic or idiotic?

OK! I've only see the first 90 episodes so maybe one of them has already died and I just don't know that. If so, please keep that spoiler to yourself. THANKS!

I would pick Inuyasha. He would die protecting Kagome. She'd be really sad but when she returned to her era, Inuyasha would be reincarnated as some guy transferring to her high school. :wink:

Ah love! Transcends time! :love2
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

*Clicks on thread out of morbid curiosity*

OH! I get it now!
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Hmm...this is tough. :?

I voted for Kagome. :sweatdrop Not because I dislike her character at all. I chose her simply because Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango are higher up on my list of favorite characters. :wink:

As for how she would die...I'm at a loss there. ^_^; Sorry... :P
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

i voted for miroku because the story could still be told with out him. the same could be said for sango but then we wouldnt get to see kiarra. plus, miroku doesnt look as good in a pink and black jumpsuit. :dsmoke

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Mr. Yac
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Mr. Yac »

i say give inuyasha the boot he's not as cool as Miroku and Kagome and Sango are hot so they can stay. So Inuyasha dies in some horrible accident where the dog half of him takes over and he chases a car into oncoming traffic in kagomes time and then Sesshomaru steps in as the new lead demon of the show....much better
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

I honestly can't answer this one, as I would be heartbroken if any of them died. I don't think I need to explain why I think so of Miroku and Sango, and I am a huge Miroku fan. I don't want either Inuyasha or Kagome to die because I want them to actually end up together. I don't want a sad ending, and I definitely don't want an Escaflowne ending. I've already decided if that happens I'm going to flip over my computer desk in rage.
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Sorry hoshi fans, but I had to pick Miroku. Though as much as I would hate to see Sango cry more, I would think his death would be the most heroic and tragic. In addition, it's probably the most realistic as it's uncontrollable and unavoidable (well, unless he beats Naraku). His final use of his Kazaana to protect the rest of the group, what a brave man. :l :l

Besides, like Duo said, there's always a chance for reincarnation. Hey, it happened to Kikyo, right? :wink:
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I vote for none of the above. You left out Shippo. As much as I love the furry little fox, that would still have to be my choice. maybe being brave and doing something to help them out for a change instead of running away. X|
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I picked Sango. Of the listed, she's the least powerful and won't contribute much to the fight against Naraku since she has no supernatural power.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

I picked Inuyasha.
Just ot see the others struggle through adversity without the big gun.
(of course this would be a US-comic-book-death... you know... an eps or 5... followed bij him coming back as a villain... five more eps... Sess becoming the temporary ally... 3 more eps... grand finale and back to status quo... 3 more eps) :)
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Pudge wrote:You left out Shippo. As much as I love the furry little fox, that would still have to be my choice. maybe being brave and doing something to help them out for a change instead of running away. X|
Oops! I totally forgot about him. But see, I'd kill Shippo off now. He just drives me crazy. He's like the comic relief. There's this episode all about revenge for the thunder brothers where Shippo's the main focus. It was pure torture for me.

I'm with Baylor though. I really don't want to see any of them die. But as we all know, anything can happen in anime. :wink:

Maybe we should have a thread about how we'd like to see Naraku bite it. :evilblk
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

duotrouble wrote:Maybe we should have a thread about how we'd like to see Naraku bite it. :evilblk
I'm all game for that.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Baylor wrote:
duotrouble wrote:Maybe we should have a thread about how we'd like to see Naraku bite it. :evilblk
I'm all game for that.
lol Me too! :D
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Mr. Yac wrote:So Inuyasha dies in some horrible accident where the dog half of him takes over and he chases a car into oncoming traffic
Hey! :hammer :P :P :P

I vote for none of the above. Sorry, I like them all. :?

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Miroku dies while sucking Naraku in and dies of the poison/shock as his hand closes up while the ending credits roll over Sango sobbing and Inuyasha and Kagome being drawn into the modern world where Inuyasha becomes human. :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.