7%
Other
30%

Total votes: 27

NightWoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by NightWoof »

I had to vote for other. Here are my suggestions:

InuYasha - this is the series that I have watched the most of recently. I think just the story line and concept are really cool.

Wolf's Rain - I just started watching this and am only 4 or 5 episodes into it and the design is just peachy.

FLCL - I saw this while on vacation....well most of it anyways and thought it was warped and twisted and just plain silly. Perfect for a Woof like me.

StarBlazers - I know...its not called that in Japan and I know it is like 80 years old :P But I rememeber watching this as a kid on TV....

NightWoof
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

I agree with Wolfie- in a lot of ways, YYH is better than DBZ.

*OW!*

But I still voted for Kenshin... in my mind, it is a better overall storyline and the art is amazing.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
30frames
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by 30frames »

My anime buddies are nuts over Inuyasha. I couldn't get into it, but there were some outside issues going on in my life when I started watching, so it probably wasn't the show's fault.

If you can handle a bit of magical girlie stuff - Fushigi Yuugi is wonderful. It's got everything - including, I daresay, the bestest baddie ever.
*mmmmm...nakago....*
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Go for Kenshin !
It is a great series, honestly (although I just don't get into it).
And that way you'll stay out of my cel collecting area :dgrin
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Bevhippy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Bevhippy »

Definitely give YYH a try, its really good story, there is a fair bit of fighting and the humor is great, its actually got an official release over here in the UK but there is only a couple of dvds avaliable, but I personally prefer the subtitled version to the funimation version.
Also give Hunter X Hunter a go, I've only recently got this and I think its brilliant.
Depressed beyond tablets,
Bored beyond pills!!!
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I voted for YYH. I like rewatching it because it has humor and really cool bad guys. I would also recommend Inuyasha because it has everything, super cool bad guys, a little romance, magic, humor, great fights and Sesshomaru :love2 (who should get his own show)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I voted for Kenshin! If you like action, this story would be great. But I'm with everyone else, it was really hard to pick.

I love Escaflowne but some people have a hard time keeping up with everything that's happening. Besides, I don't need more competition for cels. :P Same goes with Inuyasha! Too many people want to bid much higher than me. :hurt:

A lot of action people like any of the Gundam series and Outlaw Star. But I highly recommend Trigun, Weiss Kreuz and X (both tv & movie).

BTW, I didn't get into anime through DBZ. I was hooked with Sailor Moon. Only recently have I watched DBZ. While I really liked it, it would never have hooked me if that was my start. Sorry!
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I started with DBZ, too. I moved on to whatever was on CN - Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Hack, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, (bought it to see all of it), Inuyasha (bought half the series, then found out about downloading it).

From a watching stand point and because you listed you like magic, action, and suspense, I would recommend Inuyasha. It has those plus humor, romance, great bad guys and of course the mysterious Sesshoumaru. But, with any series you really need to watch it from the beginning.

From your list, I can't say on Naruto (I'm going to watch it soon), but I would have to go with Rurouni Kenshin only if you include the OVAs and watch them in the order of the story...trust and betrayal OVA then the series, then that last OVAs. Escaflowne and YuYuHakusho are good, too, but I have to admit I haven't watched the ending of YYH yet (but I do have to series, now)

Actually Tabbykat had a great breakdown on a list of series that are all good (at least the ones I've seen which was about 80% of them).

Good luck choosing a series or better yet, do what I do and watch as many as you can. :wink:
Makoli
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Makoli »

im going to put my two cents in

escaflowne is good real good

dbz i havent really seen much of but people i know like it *shrugs*

inuyasha is pretty good

i can proply think of alot more but i have a knot in my shoulder and breathing is rather intresting
grandma

Post by grandma »

I'm going to have to go with other.
However if you are new to the anime scene, you might want to check out the ones you listed so you can talk to more buddies about it.

no order:

01: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (season 2 of Full Metal Panic) don't need to watch season 1 to understand it.
02: Mezzo DSA (don't watch the OVA to this, Mezzo Forte, if your like under a certain age) X|
03: lastEXILE - it was really hot when it first came out, but of course like most anime it dies down only to come back if it ever hits the states. (the CG will probably catch your eye)
04: Wolf's Rain, even though most of the people I know have seen it, they gave it good an bad reviews, but in the end all anime is good.
05: Peace Maker Kurogane
06: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - no reason to explain, when you see it you'll know why. :) :evil:
07: Prince of Tennis - it's pretty good even though it's about tennis
08: Tenjou Tenge - it's new and out right now (fansub)
09: Wonderful Days - a korean anime, based with a lot of CG, but mixed with 2D.