Mysteries

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Mysteries

Post by king_tonberry »

I have wanted to post this for quite some time.

Why is Mirai Trunks bigger when fighting Imp.Cell than when fighting Perfect Cell? (Bulkier muscles)

Where on earth are the places that the Z fighters fight?

If Super Saiyans can blow up planets, why can't they destroy a few robots made in a garage?

If Goku can move as fast as the speed of light on Dragonball, why are they so surprised at the Instant transmission technique?

Why does Vegeta have a bigger reseeding hair line earlier in DBZ than later? Did he get Just for Men when he was on earth?

If Ginyu can change bodies with anyone, why didn't he change with Frieza?

Why does only one of the DBZ movies fit in with the series?

Why didn't Vegeta ever just find the dragonballs and wish to be stronger than Goku?

Why didn't Piccolo just though Gohan at Nappa like he threw him at the mountain when he started training him?

Well that all for now, I must go to work. But they need answers. Heheh!
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Why so blue green man? Is it because your powerless to help your friend or cause your just plain ugly? ~ Radditz

Eternal
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Re: Mysteries

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

king_tonberry wrote: Where on earth are the places that the Z fighters fight?
The DB(Z) stories take place on an alternate earth, hence the technology, flora, fauna and the animals that look and act like humans. (10 points for the person who can find the greek word for it... I've forgotten :( )
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:
king_tonberry wrote: Where on earth are the places that the Z fighters fight?
The DB(Z) stories take place on an alternate earth, hence the technology, flora, fauna and the animals that look and act like humans. (10 points for the person who can find the greek word for it... I've forgotten :( )
I don't know greek, but in Japanese you might say "bessekai" or something like that. :)

As for some of the other questions - things like body shape and hair are the type of things I typically think of as style differences and gradual evolution of the artwork.
king_tonberry wrote:
If Super Saiyans can blow up planets, why can't they destroy a few robots made in a garage?
The destruction was due to Freeza's technique, wasn't it? At that point in the series when the jinzouningen first appeared, I don't think SS were that powerful yet.
king_tonberry wrote: If Goku can move as fast as the speed of light on Dragonball, why are they so surprised at the Instant transmission technique?
There's a big difference between moving really fast and moving from one place to another in space instantaneously. It's like the difference between warp technology and the transporter in Star Trek.
king_tonberry wrote: If Ginyu can change bodies with anyone, why didn't he change with Frieza?
Why would he? He's Freeza's underling.
king_tonberry wrote: Why does only one of the DBZ movies fit in with the series?
Because the movies had to be created so that anyone who had never seen the series could still watch and enjoy the movies without missing anything. And, vice-versa, they couldn't assume that the people who watch the tv would necessarily see the movie, so they couldn't put essential story into the movies that would leave any kind of hole in the tv series. This is true of almost every anime-based movie, especially the Toei festival movies. At these shows, multiple short "movies" are shown in a single theater on a single billing, so the audience will include fans of one show but not another. I went to one a couple of years ago where the shows included a Doremi movie and a Digimon movie. It's a good bet that there are digimon fans who haven't seen much Doremi, and vice-versa, so they have to be able to play both movies to appeal to both sets of fans.
king_tonberry wrote: Why didn't Vegeta ever just find the dragonballs and wish to be stronger than Goku?
Because there was pride at stake - Vegeta wanted to prove that he was better and stronger. Using the Dragon Balls would be like cheating, and it wouldn't prove anything.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Mr. Yac

Post by Mr. Yac »

about the planet thing of course super saiyans can destory a planet....hell vegeta blew up the bug planet in the saiyan saga and his power level was what...20,000
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

jcaliff wrote:
king_tonberry wrote: Why didn't Vegeta ever just find the dragonballs and wish to be stronger than Goku?
Because there was pride at stake - Vegeta wanted to prove that he was better and stronger. Using the Dragon Balls would be like cheating, and it wouldn't prove anything.
If that were totally true, why would Vegeta allow Babidi to make him Majin? Wouldn't that also be considered cheating?
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Mr. Yac wrote:about the planet thing of course super saiyans can destory a planet....hell vegeta blew up the bug planet in the saiyan saga and his power level was what...20,000
IIRC, that was only in the anime, and I tend to think that it was highly exaggerated. I don't accept anime as canon.
Image Image
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

pastatdude wrote:
jcaliff wrote:
If that were totally true, why would Vegeta allow Babidi to make him Majin? Wouldn't that also be considered cheating?
Yep. And I think at that point, Vegeta didn't care as much any more - he'd spent years obsessing, was desperate to defeat Goku, and the means were becoming less important than the ends. I also think it was something of a spur-of-the-moment decision on his part. I think it's all part of the evolution of his character. I also think he was more than a little nuts, but that's just me. :crazy
Image Image
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Keep in mind when reading all my responses, I haven't read the manga in about 5 years and it's been even longer since I saw the anime version. If I forget some details, I apologize in advance.
Image Image
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

jcaliff wrote:Yep. And I think at that point, Vegeta didn't care as much any more - he'd spent years obsessing, was desperate to defeat Goku, and the means were becoming less important than the ends. I also think it was something of a spur-of-the-moment decision on his part. I think it's all part of the evolution of his character. I also think he was more than a little nuts, but that's just me. :crazy
I totally agree :) I actually like Vegeta the best at that point in the series, just because him acting insane and totally flying off the handle is the best part of his character for me.

Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

It's all part of what makes Dragonball Z what it is.
It wouldn't be the same without it's flaws/mysteries :P
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by king_tonberry »

jcaliff wrote:
king_tonberry wrote:
The destruction was due to Freeza's technique, wasn't it? At that point in the series when the jinzouningen first appeared, I don't think SS were that powerful yet.
I was talking about in the Androids saga. The Androids were made on earth by a human. So even though Frieza destroyed Namek,
Goku was stronger than him, which means that he could have also desrtoyed the planet. (also Trunks killed Frieza with one hit!) Sooo, if they could have destroyed the planet why could they not destroy the androids which were made from earthan ore?
jcaliff wrote:
king_tonberry wrote: If Goku can move as fast as the speed of light on Dragonball, why are they so surprised at the Instant transmission technique?
There's a big difference between moving really fast and moving from one place to another in space instantaneously. It's like the difference between warp technology and the transporter in Star Trek.

Accually, the way its stated in the show, At the very first of DBZ when Radditz dogges Piccolo's "Special Beam Cannon" Piccolo states that Radditz can move faster than the speed of light. Goku tells everyone that you can cover alot of ground going 186,000 mile per second! Which is the speed of light in a vacuum.
jcaliff wrote:
king_tonberry wrote: If Ginyu can change bodies with anyone, why didn't he change with Frieza?
Why would he? He's Freeza's underling.

Because he's evil!, and it would seem that if he did he would be leader, even though he act like a cheerleader, he still wants to take over the universe just the same.
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Why so blue green man? Is it because your powerless to help your friend or cause your just plain ugly? ~ Radditz

Eternal
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

king_tonberry wrote:Accually, the way its stated in the show, At the very first of DBZ when Radditz dogges Piccolo's "Special Beam Cannon" Piccolo states that Radditz can move faster than the speed of light. Goku tells everyone that you can cover alot of ground going 186,000 mile per second! Which is the speed of light in a vacuum.
Was it stated like that in the sub? I only mention that because Pioneer totally slaughtered the translation of the show when they dubbed the Saiyan Saga. I haven't seen the subs of those first episodes in a long time, so I can't say for sure, but Pioneer might have just decided to make that up. :?

In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

pastatdude wrote:
king_tonberry wrote:Accually, the way its stated in the show, At the very first of DBZ when Radditz dogges Piccolo's "Special Beam Cannon" Piccolo states that Radditz can move faster than the speed of light. Goku tells everyone that you can cover alot of ground going 186,000 mile per second! Which is the speed of light in a vacuum.
Was it stated like that in the sub? I only mention that because Pioneer totally slaughtered the translation of the show when they dubbed the Saiyan Saga. I haven't seen the subs of those first episodes in a long time, so I can't say for sure, but Pioneer might have just decided to make that up. :?
That sounds indeed like a ridicoulous translation. :^^:
Especially since they aren't "quite as strong" at that point in the story line.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Majin Gohan

Post by Majin Gohan »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:(10 points for the person who can find the greek word for it... I've forgotten :( )
I believe the word is personification. But I could be wrong, I will check...if that sounds right to anyone let me know, lol.

I could be totally wrong.

Stephen
:ok:
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by king_tonberry »

pastatdude wrote:Was it stated like that in the sub? I only mention that because Pioneer totally slaughtered the translation of the show when they dubbed the Saiyan Saga. I haven't seen the subs of those first episodes in a long time, so I can't say for sure, but Pioneer might have just decided to make that up. :?
I agree with that. Not only did they not know what they were doing, they got some lame voice actors. Especially on the DBZ movies that Pioneer did.
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Eternal