Mysteries

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by king_tonberry »

I just kinda realized how serious this discussion has become. I really didn't mean for it to be serious, but humorous. I know that it is just a cartoon. I thought that I should lay that down because some of you's is taking this way to serious. :P
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Why so blue green man? Is it because your powerless to help your friend or cause your just plain ugly? ~ Radditz

Eternal
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Re: Mysteries

Post by pastatdude »

king_tonberry wrote:I agree with that. Not only did they not know what they were doing, they got some lame voice actors. Especially on the DBZ movies that Pioneer did.
Yes, it was very sad. I was happy when Funi started releasing the dual language DVD's so I could have both subbed/dubbed versions. I do like to watch anime in english dialogue, but not when it's done terribly like that.
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by king_tonberry »

pastatdude wrote:
king_tonberry wrote:I agree with that. Not only did they not know what they were doing, they got some lame voice actors. Especially on the DBZ movies that Pioneer did.
Yes, it was very sad. I was happy when Funi started releasing the dual language DVD's so I could have both subbed/dubbed versions. I do like to watch anime in english dialogue, but not when it's done terribly like that.
I have a question. Did Funimation ever redo the the Saiyan and Namek sagas? I know that they have the DVD's out (which I need to get) And when are they ever going to come out with the rest of the Cell games (edited)? I have the uncut tapes but seeing DBZ cut and Uncut, there are major differences between the two (like Hurcule and Mr. Satan as example.)
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Why so blue green man? Is it because your powerless to help your friend or cause your just plain ugly? ~ Radditz

Eternal
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

The best place to look would be the Z Store.

http://www.zstore.com/StoreFront.bok

This year is "GT year" though, so I wouldn't expect too much. I think another Cell Games DVD was released today though.
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
BaDMaN
Kamisama - God

Post by BaDMaN »

Pioneer done a terrible job, Funimation really need to cover the Saiyan Saga, and begginning of Freiza Saga..It even put's me off the series which put's me off buying cel's from this saga..
I think the person who really made the english episodes was Bruce Faulconer, who made the theme music for the program, from episode 054 on wards..It made a big change and improvement to the program..he needs to play around and help Funi make the begginning of DBZ the way it should be :roll:
So yeh, Pioneer probably did just throw a few words in every here and there, u can't take what they say in the saiyan saga and begginning of frieza saga seriously..
With all those questions, i'd agree with jcaliff on most of the answers..i would say the same..
As for the Trunks being bulkier when fighting imp.cell, i guess the animator had to make a point of showing how much he has improved, and after that they just took a rest from all the detail during the big fight with USSJ Trunks Vs. Perfect Cell..but later on during the Cell Games, u can tell he is much bulkier..
Unless if your talking about first stage Cell..
The only time Trunks has a fight with him is when he kills him with ease, back in the future..
Well, that's what i'd say :^^:
Now taking offers :D
http://members.tripod.com/badman_saiyan/ - New!

- BaDMaN

"Strength is the only thing that matters in this world..everything else is just a delusion for the weak..theres only one certainty in life..a strong man stands above and conquers all" - Vegeta
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

king_tonberry wrote: I have a question. Did Funimation ever redo the the Saiyan and Namek sagas? I know that they have the DVD's out (which I need to get) And when are they ever going to come out with the rest of the Cell games (edited)? I have the uncut tapes but seeing DBZ cut and Uncut, there are major differences between the two (like Hurcule and Mr. Satan as example.)
Kyle Hebert, voice actor and voice of Teen Gohan in DBZ, has confirmed already on his site that FUNI is currently dubbing or rather, re-dubbing the saiyan saga. I do not know if that includes all episode up until 53 or whatever it was when Funi picked up the series after Pioneer was murdering it.

I'll be glad to see a re-dub without the use of phrases like "Good thing it's Sunday and no one was in those buildings" or "I can see their parachutes". Bah. They just made crap up to fill mouth movements and down the violence. I mean, geez. They were paranoid of getting in trouble. Batman and other such animated series have as much violence as DBZ. THEY EVEN REMOVED TEARS FROM GOHANS EYES DIGITALLY.

I swear!

That's pitiful! They also didn't include the actual begining to the first episode of DBZ which introduces Gohan in the forest.... the episodes were cut so much that the entire numbering of DBZ episodes versus Japanese is like 10-20 episodes off since they mixed and matched, etc.

Which brings up a question of how to number them in the re-dub.

Anyway...... Yeah, but the saiyan saga is actually really cool if you know waht they're actually saying.

----

But here's a good question. Whatever happened to Marron? heh. Unlike some I liked the Garlic Jr. Filler saga. :) lol.
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
king_tonberry
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by king_tonberry »

I have another mystery.
This is from Dragon Ball.

When Goku goes to train with Kami.
The others are left to train on Earth with Master Roshi and Korin. When they all go there separate ways to train, How does Yamcha get the scars on his face?
~Corey~ king_tonberry

Eternal
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

Well, it is said that he got them when he was training on his own.

But no one realy knows where the scars came from, so it's just another DB mystery. :o

Image Image
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

BleedingOrange wrote:I'll be glad to see a re-dub without the use of phrases like "Good thing it's Sunday and no one was in those buildings" or "I can see their parachutes".
My personal favourite is the fact nobody dies... they all go to another dimension :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

What I don't understand is that when Goku dies, he is whisked off into the other dimension, but when Krillin dies on Namek, he's wished back using the Dragonballs... but no word that he was in the other dimension. It was like no time had passed for him.

Annoying....
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html