What is your favorite Show?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Eh, OT, but I despise almost all subs because of the simple fact that I do not find the Japanese language an attractive or interesting one. Sad but true. All too often, I find subs to be little more than a series of tied together monotone and emotionless speaking with a sprinkle of over-the-top grade school girlish cries. One need only compare the audio of Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Mezzo Forte to see the superior job the dub did.

Besides, I like to read my books and watch my movies, not vice versa.
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

Inu Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop come to mind first. If you can get over Vash than you'll like Trigun too. Also if you can get over Lina's voice in the begining(it grows on you, though) and Xellos's voice, then you'll like Slayers, too.
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Right now, for my money, it doesn't get much better than RODTV. I just love the concept and I hope that sketches will turn up soon. I still love Outlaw Star. I don't know why I never considered adding the OP and both ED themes to my site. I agree, Outlaw Star has one of the best OP themes out there. Try watching Gundam 08th MS Team when you get a chance. The OP theme is great, but the song Mirai no futari ni is also really beautiful. Starting to watch Naruto as well, but taking it in very small doses.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

Ok, I fall on the side of subbed when watching shows. I rent from Netflix, and take the time to watch things in their original Japanese. I will however listen to a few of the episodes dubbed, but with the subbed text on just to see the difference in nuance.

With that said if you must see dubbed, I like Saiyuki dubbed. They did a good job. Zone of the Enders is ok too. On the other end of the spectrum, I just finished watching the worst show I've ever seen dubbed it is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. I guess they thought it would be interesting to have Japanese speak with a "US country hick accent" to convey a rural dilect. It was just SO wrong! It's a very funny show otherwise.

I would agree with other members posts of Cowboy Bebop, and the other popular shows mentioned.

There's my two Yen, at 109.11 to the $1.
:^^:
TauntingDestiny
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by TauntingDestiny »

Goldenboy and Initial D.

TD
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

A lot of my "favorites" have already been posted:

Samurai Deeper Kyo, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Saiyuki, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc ...

I don't remember seeing these in the previous posts:

Generator Gawl; Ronin Warriors (Yaroiden Samurai Troopers); Spriggan; Ninja Scroll; Berserk; Sorcerer Hunters; Gasaraki; Big O; Irresponsible Captain Tylor; Flame of Recca; Jubei Chan; Bastard!!; Full Metal Panic; Louie the Rune Soldier; Rah-xephon; 12 Kingdoms; Spirited Away; Tsukikage Ran

Hmmm ... those are some of my favorites from my anime collection ... not sure if they would appeal to anyone else, but ... And, I think those series are all completed. Now, though, I'm wondering if I own too much anime ... :puzzled nah --- there's no such thing as "too much anime", right? :jump

On the "uncompleted" side:

Gungrave; Get Backers ... hmmm ... I'm sure there are more, but can't think of them right now.
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh gosh, it's really hard to name one series as my fav, since I like many. But my most favorite series as of right now are Samurai Troopers, B't X, Gulkeeva, and the Ys II OVA. I loved Takegami, Soul Taker, Houshin Engi, Weiss Kreuz & WK Gluhen, even though Gluhen would have been much better had they not run into those crazy animation copyright issues or whatever happened. And for current titles, I'm loving every bit of the Haruka naru toki no naka de TV series. I mentioned this in another thread, but it's following the manga series really, really well so far. *squee!* I'm sure there are other titles that I really liked...but I can't recall what they are right now. =P
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

favorites series, lots of them.

*looks at what s wolf wrote on first page*true i do perfer sub but there are a few dubs that i like. or if have to watch the dub until get the sub. good example- outlaw star dub, true the sub is better but the dub of it sticks to the original storyline(only cutting out the hotsprings episode) and the english voice actors were well suited for each of the characters.
Last edited by kira on Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Favourite show ?
Get Backers is getting there real quick.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

if i would name some :
Cowboy Bebop (Duh! :) )
Samurai Shamploo
Samurai 7 is also not that bad :)
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

just now noticed startyde's post.*fwaps self*

some favorite shows:
escaflowne
gravitation
saiyuki(surprised no one mentioned this one or else i missed it)
weib kreuz
hack//sign
fma
Bishy-Freak
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Bishy-Freak »

Some good series are Witch Hunter Robin, Last Exile R.O.D Pretear Fruits Basket Saiyuki there are two complete series out so far Third begins in Feb and the Movie is out in JanuaryThese are use a few hope it help you .
Court
Kamisama - God

Post by Court »

Thank you Kira for finally mentioning Escaflowne! I think the dub is rather painful on that series though, PLEASE watch it subbed, the voice cast is classic.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I guess I completely missed this thread ... Do'h X|
I absolutely LOVE Rurouni Kenshin. Then, hikaruno go, IY (it is getting too long for me to catch up... :P).
I saw some bits of Trigun and Outlaw star. I would like to finish watching a whole thing of Trigun b/c some peices are mistery to me.... (and Vash keeps telling me how good it is :P) I am sorry Vash.... I have not finished watching... :( :( (I said I would and I lied.....)
Cats rule!
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Startyde wrote:Eh, OT, but I despise almost all subs because of the simple fact that I do not find the Japanese language an attractive or interesting one.
Oh my gawd!!! I love listening to Japanese! Especially when you get into any action sequences! You CANNOT match the forcefulness of it with any other language!

Anyhoo. . . back to topic.

Yu-gi-oh! of course. Although, I'm really, really starting to like Inuyasha more. My sweet side comin' out. And Kenshin and. . uh. . anything with hot guys?

HA!

*hopeless*