Laugh at me if you want but . . .

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Laugh at me if you want but . . .

Post by duotrouble »

I just finished Turn 1!!! :dban

OK! Now that the laughter has died down, I just wanted to share. Y'all are up to Turn 23 I think and I'm so far behind. But I'm working on it.

I was also so excited that KidsWB had a new episode on this Saturday. We're finally out of the Noa stage and back to the Battle City finals. :D

(One of my favorite parts of anime is rewatching or reliving a series with someone who hasn't seen it before. So laugh at me if you like but you'll get occasional updates on my progress. :P )
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God
Location: A place where I get to hug 3 special Yami YGO Boys:)

Post by malikbunny »

It's okie DT, we all had to start at Turn 1 too, it's good to know you have watched it :) I seem to have trouble watching all the DOOM Org saga and the Grand Prix saga (waste of time/filler stuff), got to see some of Episode #201, but the drawing style has changed to lesser quality of the past. Oh well, it's good to see Marik again in the series and Bakura's finally wearing his black leather. My stupid Windows Media Player won't work so I can't watch the rest with a part where Atemu's guards drag Thief King Bakura by a leash/chain by the neck (so I've been told that this is in eps #201) Seems they want to try and hang him already! LOL! Poor Thief King! :l Can't wait to see it subbed and better quality :^^:

It's good to see that the dub is trying to catch up, but they are over 2 seasons behind >_<

Here's a shameless little plug, please visit ^_^ I'm sure some may benefit savings in the Products section (you be the judge and see for yourself):

http://alaerk.estarnetwork.com/
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Heh, I still have the DOOM saga to finish but I can't get myself to sit down and watch it (I want to see the arc, but I can never find time to do it)

If the dub finished Noa already I should hurry up before the dub gets ahead of me >_<
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

I'm still waiting for Wolfie to finish watching her DVDs so I can finish the Doom arc and get hooked on another arc.

*pokes Wolfie*
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I just finished Turn 2!!! :dban

It's amazing watching the differences between the English version and the Japanese version. There are some episodes that weren't touched while others were slaughtered. The Game Killer episode (can't recall the name right now) cut out the entire part of the duel where the Grim Reaper Card (probably the wrong name but you get my point) appears. Apparently, it's too scary for kids to know anything about death. However the duel between Seto and Joey was exactly the same.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I just finished Turn 3! :dban

Where's everyone else in their YGO watching?
malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God
Location: A place where I get to hug 3 special Yami YGO Boys:)

Post by malikbunny »

You're getting there DT ^_^ I purposely skipped/put on hold for the DOOM Org. and the Grand Pre-whatever it's called sagas and went on watching the Ancient Egypt Arc instead. Better story overall and they follow the manga pretty well (except for a few differences here and there).

I finally agree with SW, Bakura's VA definitely is a super great voice actor! She laughs very well for the evil Thief Bakura, it's really great and she makes you want to laugh with him too- she's dat good ^_^ And what about the 'Hoo-hoo'! yahoo cheer from Tozokuoh when he left the palace? That was very funny ^_^ He's lively people! He enjoys what he does, LOVE HIM! :P Also liked the way Priest Seto twirls the M. Rod like a baton, very coolies :) *looks at KT* ^_^

I can't download the next two eps where Mahhado (sp?) fights Tozokuoh and then the aftermath. Warning, Black Magician Girl as Mana is pretty annoying and scary! She glomps Prince Atemu with no shame >_<
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

this is making want to watch the series again. but i think i'll wait till they bring the subtitled versions out. would go with a bootleg but the last one i got had horrible subtitles in it.