YGO movie came out the other day, anyone go see it?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

YGO movie came out the other day, anyone go see it?

Post by KT »

I went to see it on the opening day on the first showing (I got all the cards they were giving out when you got a ticket!)

I thought it was pretty good. And I really hope they come out the production art (I read that the movie was made with cels and CG in a magazine I have) soon. There are a handful of scenes I really want.

Anyone see the movie yet?
malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God
Location: A place where I get to hug 3 special Yami YGO Boys:)

Post by malikbunny »

I saw the movie on the 2nd showing of the first day it came out with my sister, but we were over 10 minutes late, so we missed the beginning. We only got the first and last card of the 3 pc set (Blue Eyes Shining Dragon holo and Pyramid of Light cards). What are the other 2 cards look like KT? Which ones are they?

They drew pretty well I think, it was pretty funny too. My sister liked the parts where Seto gets picked up by his head. Yugi getting stabbed was spiffy too, kicking mummy heads off was interesting. I actually had a dream before I saw the movie of the part where little Yugi throws the dagger at Anubis' source of power and kinda misses with the others in the background trying to kill off the mummies. I dunno how I could have known a part of the movie before seeing it.., but I did :O

KT, our new mission to find and get those movie cels! Wee! ^.^
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

**Anyone who wants to see the movie but hasn't yet should watch out, I might spoil some scenes**
What are the other 2 cards look like KT? Which ones are they?
Theres Waton (a puffball light pink little guy that looks like Kuribo, but a bit different) Then theres that magician that Yami Yuugi played against Kaiba...But I forgot the name.
My sister liked the parts where Seto gets picked up by his head. Yugi getting stabbed was spiffy too
I thought those two parts were cool! I also liked the part where Kaiba was dueling Pegasus and the Toon Gemini Elfs hit him for that direct attack ^^

And the part where Anzu kicked the mummies was a good scene too! I'm glad Anzu got her time to shine. No pun intended :D
actually had a dream before I saw the movie of the part where little Yugi throws the dagger at Anubis' source of power and kinda misses with the others in the background trying to kill off the mummies. I dunno how I could have known a part of the movie before seeing it.., but I did
Wow, that's interesting. Wonder how it happened...
KT, our new mission to find and get those movie cels! Wee! ^.^
Yup! I've already got a list of scenes in my head that I want to find and buy!

They are gonna come out with a Ani-manga of the movie this fall. I'm gonna buy so I can see if they have the scenes in there that I want as cels :)

I loved the Penten the Dark Clown theme! (Tis the clown that stabbed Yami Yuugi) Hopefully I soundtrack will come out for the movie and I hope that theme will be in it cause if it is, I'm gonna buy it!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Y'all were lucky to get the cards! I went to an advance screening about 3 weeks before the movie was released nationwide but the cards weren't part of that deal. So I was gonna go opening day and see it again so I could get the cards but I got really sick. I'm still recovering and bet the cards are all gone now. Did you hear what happened in CA with the YGO movie cards? It was crazy. :cucu

Anyway, I loved the movie! Can't wait until it comes out on DVD! I wonder how changed it is from the original Japanese release?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Danny-Inu
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Danny-Inu »

What happened in CA with those cards? *is curious*
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

A couple of guys posed as Warner Bros employees claiming there was something wrong with the card shipment. They stole a boxload of "free" cards to sell on ebay for outrageous amounts. I can't remember all the details. I have to go back and reread the article but that's basically what happened.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by malikbunny »

Wow! That's pretty crazy what happened in CA. Sheesh, it's almost as bad as that Beanie Baby craze (house wives fighting/killing each other for the toys). There's one seller on eBay selling the 4 card set starting at $4, that's the only one who's pretty cheap (except for another who sells a penny cheaper but charges high shipping).
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

A couple of guys posed as Warner Bros employees claiming there was something wrong with the card shipment. They stole a boxload of "free" cards to sell on ebay for outrageous amounts.
Well, I never saw something like that coming.

The yugioh movie got bad reviews. I don't care though because the critics don't like the series or play the cards so that's why they gave it a low review.

Ya gotta like the series or play the card game to enjoy the movie :wink:
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

*giggle* I took the girls to see it on the Sunday after it opened, and weren't they mad at me when _I_ was the one who got the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon card! (I of course added it to the general pot).

I thought it had its moments. The very beginning was pretty poor, to the point at which I was afraid it was going to be a movie that wouldn't stand on its own for people who hadn't a clue about the manga or the series. It pulled itself together, though, and was really a satisfying story altogether.
malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by malikbunny »

Bleh, critics know nothing about anime. They know nothing about anything really. :P I missed the beginning, maybe it was a good thing? The end part of the beginning is when I got in and the few minutes there was pretty boring >_< Does anyone know when the official subtitled YGO episodes come out?
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I think the official subtitled yugioh episodes come out in the fall, I'm not sure though.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

if they bring the actual subtitled versions of it out, i might actually rewatch the series again.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

A couple of days ago I read a article in a Anime magazine that in Oct. sub versions of Yugioh and Shaman King will be out :)