What Saga Would be Good as "Real time" Movie

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies

WHICH SAGA WOULD YOU LIKE SEE AS A REAL TIME MOVIE?

Saiya-jin Saga - Freeza
47%
Trunks - Cell Games
13%
Other World - Kid Buu
20%
Dragonball GT - Bebi Saga
7%
Dragonball GT - Super Android 17 Saga
13%

Total votes: 15

Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

What Saga Would be Good as "Real time" Movie

Post by Nathan »

Seeing as though we are all not sure what the New DBZ movie will be about - whether it will be based ont the cartoon - or something completely different -
Which Saga\series would you like to be a real time movie (I mean with real actors etc)

I personally am torn between Cell & Buu...
But am going with Buu... :wink:
Mainly because I love the SSJ3 - Kai's - Gotenks - Mystic Gohan and how insidious Buu eventually becomes...
I think Super Buu would look excellent in CGI.
The one I wouldn't want to see a movie of is - Garlic Jr.

And it doesn't have to make sense to people who don't watch the anime - I am just interested to see which saga (from a fans point of view)
and why...
:twinkle :twinkle :twinkle :twinkle :twinkle :twinkle :twinkle :twinkle
...just one more
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

Okay, I am probably going to be the only one who says this, but I chose the Super 17 saga from GT. :hang I chose that because everything else listed there, we all love so much there is no way anyone would get it right a second time around in live-action/cgi. ;) But the reign of Super 17 was very short, and it was touching ("Krillin, taiski!"). Perfect for a good movie, imo. And . . . you don't have to already know the characters all that well to get the gist of the story.
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

I had to go with the buu saga as well, pretty much for the same reasons that Nathan listed. It's one of my favorite sagas as it is, and I'm more curious than anything to see what it would be like in real time.
marinesniper
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by marinesniper »

I would have to go with when Vegeta and Nappa arriving on Earth...pretty much mostly everything is explained...and there is some awesome fighting...especially between Goku and Vegeta (not exactly sure how they would do the 4x kaoken kamehameha and galit gun part)...It would also scream SEQUEL!
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

I voted that the Saiyan-Frieza saga would be best. Though it isn't my favorite in the anime, I do think it would be the best saga to do a live action movie on. No live-action movie will follow any of the sagas perfectly. Some parts of the story will be cut and additions made. But that particular saga has so much potential to be as good or better than it was in the anime. Vegeta still a bad guy, Goku gets killed and everyone has to make the trip to Namek. There are plenty of changes that will probably be made to the Namek storyline if that takes place in the movie. I don't see how the whole earth saiyan-arrival part might get changed up, but ya never know.

The Android/Cell-C. Games saga is my favorite out of the anime, but I don't know how well an enemy like Cell could be portrayed in live action. CGI would probably make him look fake, and only a really expensive kick ass costume with tons of makeup and latex mask would make him look real if played by an actor. Of course, that guy who did the costumes for Planet of the Apes (forget his name), could probably do it!

I DO agree, however, that Buu would be really well done via CGI. CGI could probably make him look very real for the way he was drawn in the series. CGI could definitely handle scenes with him splitting apart and being put back together again. But first things first. This movie has to start where it all began! Uhhh.. for the Z series anyway.

Anyway.. There will probably be sequels. And they will probably make 'em for every major saga anyway. I hope so... providing the first one is good! :wink:
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Everyone has good points....
How would everyone feel if they just
Did a Movie based on the characters -Like the Anime Movies.
I'd rather see Dragonball Z done as an anime movie \ or Computer Generated (Like Final Fantasy..) Anime cartoon more so - and by original animators... hmmm that's not ever going to happen though :(
...just one more
Cel Freak
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Cel Freak »

Well I voted for the Saiyan- Saga. Why not start from the begining.
"This is not an act of mercy. This is to teach you the pain of living."-Legato Bluesummers
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

BleedingOrange wrote:I DO agree, however, that Buu would be really well done via CGI. CGI could probably make him look very real for the way he was drawn in the series. CGI could definitely handle scenes with him splitting apart and being put back together again. But first things first. This movie has to start where it all began! Uhhh.. for the Z series anyway.
So true! I didn't think about that when I voted for the Buu saga. I would absolutely love to see that done in real time..but I forgot about sequels...AND I NEED SEQUELS!! :D :D (if it's good that is) Ultimately they should make a movie on the Buu saga...but I guess they can start from the beginning! :wink: