<400
No votes
>400 but <500
5%

Total votes: 42

darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

wow Keropi, it "only" took you 5 years to finally be able to answer the original poster's question, that's really a great achievement. :)

And for the price of one you got two, as now, i grant you the honorific title (achievement) of "Thread Necromancer" :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:wow Keropi, it "only" took you 5 years to finally be able to answer the original poster's question, that's really a great achievement. :)
Lol...these things take time. It's very time consuming. :)
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

I kind of like necromancy personally... XD
Um...probably under 100 but over 40... I actually don't want to think about how many hours of my life I've wasted watching anime.
Lol! Particularly the ones that seemed like they killed brain cels x.x.

Fun question but it's a pity there's no distinction between TV shows (of 26 eps +) and shorter things. I'll try a lot of shorter things out, but I know I've not tried to watch more than 10 full-length TV series all the way through.
Last edited by Sylia on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

You seem uncertain. Are we ever over 100 but over 40?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Yay, go MAL! Counting TV series, movies, OVAs, and specials, I've completed 153 anime. Of course, that doesn't factor in how many movies and specials are from one particular series. I wouldn't, say, count all the One Piece specials and movies as separate entities. But I'm much too lazy to count it all on my own.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

^ MAL does make things a lot easier to track.

TV: 109, OVA: 54, Movies: 56, Spcl.: 5....which encompasses 4,087 episodes. :l I've watched @ 400 more episode for incomplete and dropped series too.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

MAL makes life easy. 8) I'll update from my post several years ago.

completed = 307
watching = 22
put on hold = 35
dropped = 34

totals = 398 anime I've seen at least some of 8O
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sylia wrote:Fun question but it's a pity there's no distinction between TV shows (of 26 eps +) and shorter things. I'll try a lot of shorter things out, but I know I've not tried to watch more than 10 full-length TV series all the way through.
Yeah...it would be nice if they separated the categories better:

1. TV series - are usually the most time consuming to watch unless we're talking about something like the Legend of Galactic Heroes 110 OVA series or the Doukyuusei 2 12 episode OVA series.

2. OVAs

3. ONAs - are anime that came out on the net. These usually have short length episodes, but there are a number of exceptions such as "Xamdou". ONAs aren't included in the counts at the bottom on your lists.

4. Specials - I noticed that MAL often lists DVD omakes/BluRay omakes as Specials.

5. Movies

6. Omakes were usually bonus anime shorts included VHS tapes, DVDs, BluRay, etc. They are usually quite short - maybe 3-5 minutes long each. There might only be about 3-5 episodes in all. Omakes are sometimes anime shorts that were included as bonuses for the purchase of something else such as a manga volume or a game.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Thanks to MyAnimeList, I can safely say that I've completed 297 titles. I began watching anime in 2004 (maybe late 2003 I don't remember the exact date that my friends got me started).

So how's that for being a newbie?

By the way EOC, Keropi is the king of stats around here, if you didn't notice that yet. If you start a MAL account, you should add us as friends, I would like to see your list.
Thread with all our MAL links
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

LOL, I love these old thread renewals!

For me to answer this question now, I'd say that I've seen close to 150 series/movies/OVAs. If I were answering in 2004, that number would have been closer to 60. Anime has become more accessible in recent years; we're downloading from the internet and DVDs are now cheaper than they were nearly 6 years ago.
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

I haven't updated my anime list from ann for months, but based on what I had a year or so ago, I was at "seen some" 269 and "seen all" 445. That counts stuff like all the tv-based movies separate from the tv series and stuff.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Edit:

Never mind. It's not important. :P
Last edited by Keropi on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I have no idea what to say.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Digital

Post by Digital »

After an unscientific scan through one of the online anime stores, I found 199 titles that are currently available that I've seen. I can think of a few I didn't find there, so I'm up over 200. I wouldn't be surprised if I sat down like some of the others here and made an accurate account, it'd be close to 300. I'm not sure I want to think about how long I've been watching anime (since the 80s). I'm still unsure if the original Bubblegum Crisis counts as 1 or 8 - I used 1.