Calling all Weiss Kreuz Watchers

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

i'll have to go look at that. i can only remember the first two chapters of the manga being translated.

plus the boys are cooler looking in the manga.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

YAY! :yay I'm not the only one still loving the men of Weiss. (Wendy, if you're reading this, I won't call them WeiB (except in auctions) but I don't have the proper character on my keyboard so I call them Weiss. :wink: )

Well, I went back to read some more before doing some scanning. They only have 2 chapters of the manga up but maybe there's hope for more? 8) Side B has 8 chapters up, I think. I just read the prologue before logging off. I'll save it for a little later. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Only just? What was your impression?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

duotrouble wrote:(Wendy, if you're reading this, I won't call them WeiB (except in auctions) but I don't have the proper character on my keyboard so I call them Weiss. :wink: )
I'm reading! I'm reading! :ß

And Weiss is correct. If you can't write the ß then ss is used, not the letter b. The eszett is not a letter B.
You can find the ß on your keyboard using Alt+225 or Alt+0223.

As an interesting side note:
Weib means woman in German :D

And to take things even more out of context, but funny nontheless; Kreuz means of course cross. In Dutch cross (or Kreuz) is "kruis".
But "kruis" can also refer to a person's crotch :D
So everytime I see someone calling this show "Weib Kreuz" I think of a woman's crotch :P

Maybe that's why it bothers me so :rollin
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

OMG! That's so funny! :rollin And it's good to know I was spelling it right the whole time and didn't know it. X| :emb

I have a truly American keyboard. I want to buy an international one some day. I loved typing on the Japanese keyboards. They have it right! The push of one button toggles between characters so you have the same basic number of keys but twice as many characters to choose from. I get my non-English characters by copying and pasting. :P

Look! ß
:hitting:
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

*ears perk up* What is this Manga Fox of which you speak??? :jaw
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

:D It's just a little place where you can read your manga online that maybe you can't find anywhere else. :wink: Just dot com it and you're there. :)
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Thank you thank you thank you!!! :bow2:
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

No problem. Glad I could help. I love your response too btw. :P :wink:

Now, I need to run back over there and finish reading . . . :run
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I love reviving old threads, especially ones that annoyed people. :evil2

Anyway, we have some new Weiss fans at beta now. I thought they might be interested in a good laugh when they have a few hours (or days) to read this thread. X| But also to let them and anyone else interested know about a WK fanclub. Keeper and I have a club for Weiss at MAL. All are welcome to join. Let us know if any beta members (or RS lurkers) join. Thanks! 8)

Weiss Kreuz fanclub
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Haha. Oh boy, I did check out this thread back when I first joined. I didn’t read it all the way through though, I got a bit overwhelmed by how long it was! I still don’t have time to read it all thoroughly just yet, but maybe I’ll come back to it more seriously later. (I guess I didn’t read far enough in to see it annoyed people, lol.)

I’ve been considering joining MAL for a while solely to join your club… BeautifulAlone told me about it a while ago… the only reason I hadn’t joined yet is because I get so, so, soooo addicted to constantly checking sites like this one, and I’ve been struggling lately to try and cut back how much time I spend online. It probably would not take too much arm twisting to talk me into joining. The Weiss fandom’s gotten so tragically quiet the past few years.

BTW, I totally shipped K/O in the OVA too. 100% on board with ya. :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

If I remember right, you probably won't find the "annoyed" people in this thread. It was all about how members check for new threads. Some look for the indication of a new post in a section. Then they'd come to this section and see it was only this WK thread and get disappointed. Me, I check "posts since last visited". I hop straight to the threads I want to read and skip over everything else not even paying attention to the sections. I really have to stop myself when I want to make a new thread and remember what section I'm in. X| :^^:

I know what you mean about cutting back on internet time. I'm addicted to certain sites too. You could count this one glancing at my post count. :emb MAL is certainly another one. :sweatdrop But I'm regulating myself by having certain days I won't even turn on the computer at home. Now, that doesn't mean I didn't look at the internet because there's always break time at work. :wink:

*twist twist* You know you wanna. *twist twist*

:dgrin
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Not turning the computer on at home only helps so much…I have constant internet access all day at work, which I shouldn’t be abusing (key word ‘shouldn’t')…but it’s soooo hard not to keep getting on when I’m bored with whatever I’m working on. I really need to reform my work ethic. Trying to keep my addictions minimal is really the best I can do. I get addicted to sites so easily…..

Hm weeeelll. Anyway. I TRIED to join this morning. When I click the authorization link in my email I get this message: “Invalid key provided or user has already been authorized.â€
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Damn! I just found the notification of a reply to this thread in my inbox!

Would you girls stop necromancing this thing? Image

Wow, talk about a blast from the past Image
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Wendy wrote:Damn! I just found the notification of a reply to this thread in my inbox!

Would you girls stop necromancing this thing? Image
:hitting: Sorry, Wendy! :hitting:

Skyrat, is this you?

MAL profile