A New YGO Series?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

A New YGO Series?

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

it starts airing Oct 6th and is called Yugioh Duel Monsters Genesis.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/yuugiou/

so does anyone know anything about it? is it a spin-off?

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

The main characters are in a dueling school. This series is supposed to focus on the cards. The main character is the successor of Yuugi or something.

And that's all I know.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Interesting. I've been keeping up with the regular Duel Monsters DVDs. Think it's up to Turn 28 or something like that. It's the RPG Egypt Arc with Bakura. I would think the series is almost done. Perhaps that's the continuation after the story end??????
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

malikbunny
Kishin - Fierce God
Location: A place where I get to hug 3 special Yami YGO Boys:)

Post by malikbunny »

Tha main character's name is Yuki and Yugi (who's now a legendary duelist- going into retirement?) gave him his Kuribo card. It's mostly about Yuki's dueling days at school with other duelists. I think Seto owns/runs the school or something, not sure. The other original characters from the series before are not seen hardly or at all. They focus more on Yuki (a new Yugi type character). Has a Bayblade/Pokemon feel to it (preteen characters), it's still YGO material, tho totally new different characters.

YGO R will still have Yugi, Jou, Anzu, Honda, etc in it, but I don't think they'll make an anime of it, since they are into make Yuki stuff now.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Yeah Kaiba runs the duel school. I think that is so cool. Since it is his school Kaiba will be in the series! :)
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

really???

Post by kisara »

lol. . I just ordered the last five dvd's of yu-gi-oh. . unsure that I really want to see them yet. . but Kaiba's in the new one?! woohoo! you gave me hope! lol
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

but Kaiba's in the new one?! woohoo! you gave me hope! lol
I heard he is, but now I'm hearing he isn't. I don't know what to think x_x

But, the series hasn't been on that long so there is still hope! ^^

<---- Always posts in the Yugioh section on Beta ASAP as soon as she sees someone has posted in it :D Me obbsessed with Yugioh? Nah XD :P
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

Only seen Yami Yugi so far...its like episode 10 now?
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Only seen Yami Yugi so far
I thought that was just a grown up Yuugi since the puzzle wasn't around his neck. But I could be wrong.
RX78GP02AGUNDAM

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

His voice seemd grown up, so I thought it was Yami Yugi...plus the outfit. Yugi prob doesnt have the kintamas to wear that kinda outfit in public.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

His voice seemd grown up, so I thought it was Yami Yugi...plus the outfit. Yugi prob doesnt have the kintamas to wear that kinda outfit in public.
That sounds right to me. But...

[SPOLIER] In the end of the series Yami Yuugi goes back to the after life[END OF SPOILER]

...So how could he be still around if GX takes place after the end of the series?

That is what confuses me and what makes me wonder if Yami Yuugi is in GX or not.
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

I DO know that. . .

Post by kisara »

It's a grown-up Yugi that gives Yuki Kuriboh. lol And thanks for this Kaiba rollercoaster y'all got me on! argh!!!!!!!!!!
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Finished watching the first eight episodes so far. I'm seriously wondering how far in the future this series is supposed to be set. Except for what appeared to be "Yami" in the first episode there hasn't been any sign of any other characters from the original series. I don't think it's a grown up Yugi. He's at the end of high school at the end of the regular series. He's not going to change that much, and even if he got taller, his face wouldn't change to look like that. I'm thinking it could be dozens of years in the future.
It has to have been long enough that stories about the shadow games have permeated society to the point that there are shadow duelists running around with fake millenium items. Obvioiusly the school has been around for a while. There's too much school culture and tradition for it to be recent, what with the whole "Obelisk Blue" "Ra Yellow" "Osiris Red" dorm culture, those things don't happen overnight. Heck, there's a ruined dorm where who knows how many students have disappeared in shadow games. Is the school supposed to be on Pegasus' Island, do you think? It reminds me of it, but I haven't really compared.
That Italian teacher's accent is more annoying than Pegasus' Japanese. Ugh. And Pegasus is one of the few characters in anime where I prefer the English dub voice to the original.

edit: added the new spoiler tag to see it work. :D
Last edited by jcaliff on Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Kisara, this site says that Kaiba established the school :wink: :)

http://www.janime.net/Genex/introduct.html

So there is hope!
And thanks for this Kaiba rollercoaster y'all got me on! argh!!!!!!!!!!
Just let me know when you are ready to get off :D
I don't think it's a grown up Yugi. He's at the end of high school at the end of the regular series. He's not going to change that much, and even if he got taller, his face wouldn't change to look like that. I'm thinking it could be dozens of years in the future.
A generation is a long time so I think it could be a couple of dozen of years in to the future as well.
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

teehee

Post by kisara »

KT, ya crack me up. Thanks!

(jumps OFF the rollercaoster. woohoo!)