Other collecting habits?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Other collecting habits?

Post by rallihir »

Just wondering if anyone collects other things besides cels. I know we are all addicted, crazed cel collecting maniacs, but is there anything alse you collect or are thinking of collecting?

With the demise of production cels, I have thought about resin cast figurines. Some of the figures are absolutely breathtaking and have incredible poses. I myself do not have the artistic skills to paint them so would have to rely on others who are more artistically minded. Trouble is figures take up so much space. At least cels can occupy a nice tidy space in the closet, I figure that anime character figures may need an entire armoire. This is something the wife may not agree too... :^^:
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Future collecting?

I already collect figures. Not the super nice ones, but I do love them.

I also collect stray pounds from too much sitting around watching anime. But I suspect that's not what you were looking for. :D
Remi
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Remi »

Namaste

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

Lol...the collecting bug is an evil little monster...

as a once and current comic geek, other then cels I still collect cold-cast/resin statues, both of comic characters and anime (I just picked up the set of Noir statues, and they are gorgeous!)...toys, marvin the martian stuff, comic books, stuffed things(bears/beanies/etc), and other various and sundry. Our house looks like a comic shop! And I swear, it's not all mine either! :)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Those who think I have a lot of cels should see my Hard Rock Cafe pin colleciton. I've been collecting those for maybe 10 years longer than I've collected cels. They're.... everywhere. :^^:

I can say that, hands down, the cels/sketches are easier to store and are (as a whole collection) easier to move without risking damage. However, the pins are easier to display. Being as the pins were originally intended to be worn, they're not nearly as prone to damage from light sources, humidity, temputures, etc.

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

I used to collect gashapons and cosplay costumes but both are way too much of a committment in addition to cels! 8O
Especially cosplaying :nuts :$$$:
So I quite pursuing both to continue cel collecting. :o

Now I just collect Kiba Inuzuka-related merchandise :D

http://www.geocities.com/handmaiden_pad ... bafan.html

ooo Be afraid.. be very afraid.. :evil2
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

In addition to cels/sketches I also collect and play the card game Magic: the Gathering, and i used to collect american coins, pokemon cards, and gumdam wing models.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

dude_moose wrote:In addition to cels/sketches I also collect and play the card game Magic: the Gathering, and i used to collect american coins, pokemon cards, and gumdam wing models.
Oh, er.... That's right.... That unique brand of drug counts as collecting too, doesn't it? :D I'm guilty of owning binders upon binders of Magic cards. (Though my husband and I don't play as much as we once did. I miss it.)

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
weyrlady
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by weyrlady »

Mmmm... I collect artbooks, and art from online comic artists as much as I can. I also collect books- both in a general way (anything that finds its way into my hands!) and a very specific way (Anne McCaffrey). I collect... *thinks* blank books, dolls from other countries, DVDs, and rocks. My rock collection is pretty big, as I've been collecting since I was six.

I also casually collect pretty stamps, lapel pins, and foreign coins.

Heh... it's a wonder there's any room for me in my room. ^^;
Weyrlady
Frozen Moments - My Main Gallery!
http://www.dragonweyr.com/cels
Rubberslug Gallery (for the best of the best):
http://weyrlady.rubberslug.com
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

WEll Lets see... I collect the following...

Cels
Genga/Douga
Shitajiki
Japanese Anime related PhoneCards
Furoku from Magazines
Zen-in items
Doujin art

My Shitajiki, phonecards are shown on my site ^_^

Jelenity~
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

Oh, er.... That's right.... That unique brand of drug counts as collecting too, doesn't it? I'm guilty of owning binders upon binders of Magic cards. (Though my husband and I don't play as much as we once did. I miss it.)

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
hah I know! I've been playing for like 8 years... (5th edition had just come out I think) I only put my rares in binders cuz otherwise I'd have like 10... I don't have a ton of cards compared to some people but I do have a sizeable collection.. probably nearing 3000... I just ordered a booster box of the new set for myself too (yay). I have all the Slivers (took me years to all get, I only bought 1, the last one...)!!!
Zayon
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Zayon »

I collect Neo Geo AES-carts. Not in the sense that I get everything I see though, I only get the carts that I like playing, quality over quantity, hehe. Currently I'm owning 22 different carts with the most expensive and collectible one being Blazing Star, which today sets the buyer back around $800. 8O
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I used to collect keychains, playing cards, marbles, bookmarks and glass stuff (some Fenton, some not). I still collect greeting cards that I love, but have no use for and I scrapbook them. I know I missed something else, but I can't think of it now.
ImageImage
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

This year I started collecting vintage Japanese kimono, wedding kimono especially. And they are EXPENSIVE! I only have 5 now, but combined, I can buy a car. :hurt:

As if that's not enough, I also collect antique Japanese dolls. I have a doll in traditional bridal wear on my mantel, and one on the way as soon as I finish the last payment of a geisha acting from a scene from a popular kabuki play. Another 2K went there. :hurt: :hurt: I have my eye on a special doll, but that's 3K, so I'll hold off on that for awhile. :P

If I seem distant on cel collecting, you know why. It's because of cels that I'm into such expensive hobbies! 8O

I really need to graduate and start making money. Credit cards have had enough. :roll:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Apart from cels, I collect keychains, stuffed animals, capsule figures, trading cards, playing cards and Japanese dolls. Yeah, I'm going to have to buy more shelves to display everything. X|
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!