Just finished watching the last episode of Yugioh DM

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Goldknight
RULER

Just finished watching the last episode of Yugioh DM

Post by Goldknight »

Anyone else finish the series yet? I was balling. It had a happy ending, but man that was emotional. I don't want to type any spoilers till I have someone to talk to about it. heehee. :l
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I'm still way behind on my anime watching. I have to first finish Inuyasha then continue on to finishing FMA before I can even begin to think about finishing YGO. :bawl At the rate I'm going, I'll talk to you about it in 5 years. :bawl
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I'm still waiting for my three YGO box sets (deluxe boxsets 7, 8 and 9 I believe) So I'm not near the ending yet.
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Would someone be willing to loan me the rest of the Doom arc? Wolfie loaned me up to Vol. 19 (I think) and then she disappeared and took her YGO with her. I'm dying to know how it ended.
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

I watched the end last week. I don't know. I felt like there wasn't nearly enough denoument. Not having read the manga ending, I was hoping for certain things that didn't happen.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON (do we have spoiler tag available on this forum?)

The part of me that loves cheesy romantic stuff was especially disappointed. I especially wanted a girl who looked like the dragon chick from Seto Kaiba's previous life to show up, even if they didn't follow through it would have been nice so you could at least assume that his obsession with blue eyes might have a healthy transfer onto a real person, so to speak. :P I also wasn't satisfied with the way they ended the evil Bakura stuff earlier. I didn't feel like it was much of an ending after all the stuff they went through. That, and I was a little confused. They established earlier that it was all a big yami no RPG, right? With Bakura and Yami Yugi/Atemu as the main PC. And they established that the game wouldn't end even though the Theif Bakura character was killed off (and in fact he brought the character back). I assume that defeating the giant phallic monster ended the game, yet there wasn't any indication that it was the same evil spirit finally dying. I felt like it wasn't really over, especially since they continued up until the point where Atemu's memory could no longer sustain the world. Just a lot of stuff that didn't make much sense. I did like the final duel, although I was really hoping it wouldn't stretch over the entire last four episodes (though I expected it probably would...).
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

SPOILER ALERT!!!! I agree that the Bakura thing did get a bit confusing, but on the other hand I didn't care. heehee. Isn't that horrible? I just liked how there was several things going on and so many characters who played a part. I loved it. It was hard seeing all the deaths, but I absolutely LOVED the final duel between Atemu and Yugi. That was so intense. The romantic in me wished there was a better goodbye between Atemu and Anzu. Overall though it was a good ending seeing Atemu meeting all of his friends again as he walked through the light in the door. It reminded me of the ending for Ghosts. :emb Very similar. I was really choked up though. I wished he could have stayed. But in the end Kaiba showed a good side both in Egypt and cheering for Yugi and Bakura was cute as ever stuffing his face. Of course the BEST part of the end was seeing this screencap of Marik that I absolutely MUST have a sketch for:

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug