Need help picking a new series

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Prince Vegeta
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Prince Vegeta »

Well....i've decided to go ahead with naruto as the next anime series to watch. It's actually not too bad. I just don't like the fact that they spend almost half of the episode time on flash backs and every once a while they spend a whole episode on reviewing stuff again...it gets annoying.

But overall it's definitely a good anime to watch after db, dbz, and unfortunately dbgt series

Thank you for your suggestions everyone :)

talk to ya later :D
Prince Vegeta
demon.rubberslug.com
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

those flash backs happens some thimes, but there are a hole bunch of eps with no flashbacks and just kick-ass good fighting scenses :badass

reviews and flashbacks tend to happen when you have shows with like 1,000,000 eps :D
kenshikenji
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kenshikenji »

those naruto recaps are better than the drawn out battles in dbz where they just show how shocked the people are when the villian shows his true powers, and also drawn out mental thought sequences that last for about 10 episodes. not to mention the unquantifiable power that the dbz characters have, ala one fireball destroying several square miles of terrain or some of that stuff.
Prince Vegeta
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Prince Vegeta »

that's true...but i like how powerful the characters are in dbz and how they gain their powers through training. I do admit that some of the sequences, where they show the thought process of each character, are sort of long but those are needed in order to paint a full picture.

In either case it's a lot better to obtain new information through thought processes, no matter how slow the process is, instead of having flashbacks in every episode which take up 2/3 of the episode time giving you nothing extra at all. Sometimes flashbacks are awesome too if they give the viewers new information, but in naruto almost every flashback is just simply repeating the story that was told already with no extra info. at all.

In some of the episodes, they even go as far as having flashbacks of flashbacks. i remember this one episode that really got me mad....i can't rememer what episode number it was but if you want i can find out for ya. I remember the episode started out fine for a good minute or two and then the rest of the episode consisted of each character having flashbacks of the same episode......whaaaaaat???????????????? so that's what the viewers waited for for a week????

I didn't really get the purpose of that....did the producers really think that the viewers needed to see the first minute of the episode 20 times over and over again....or did they just ran out of ideas?????

I would have to say that the first saga with zabuza was just awesome though and i totally loved it...but the series seems to be going downhill. Do you guys not agree???

I thought it was a total waste of time for them to spend something like 10 episodes on one mission that involved the protection of this one dude that had to complete a race......i could honestly come up with better ideas in my sleep.

There are, however, a number of things that i love about the show. The orochimaru and itachi characters are totally original and just amazing....on top of a kickass theme song for orochimaru :D . Sunade is also an amazing character along with jeiraya.

Overall i have to say that they do have a small number of really good stories to tell but they just can't organize them properly.....it's all over the place man.

So in conclusion....naruto is definitely a good show to watch in your spare time and it definitely is fun but it can never replace dbz or even come close to it for me. Others may have a different opinion and i RESPECT that. For me though, dbz will always remain to be a masterpiece in all its glory, but naruto will just be another anime series :)

Cheers :evil:
Prince Vegeta
demon.rubberslug.com
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

You should watch Yugioh :P

(Yep, that's all I have to suggest XD)