42%
Who really wants all of those mouths and eyes anyway
8%

Total votes: 24

glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Should sketch sets remain together?

Post by glorff »

I was looking through some of my sketch sets today and realized that I have them all bagged where the best sketch shows and I never look at the others. I only have one exception to this, so I wondered if I was different than everyone else or not. :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
yanbraz
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by yanbraz »

Hello !

I think it's nice to keep all the sketches from the same set togheter . Even if is a mouth or an eye , because they were used in the show too .

sorry my english , I'm trying to improve it , sometimes I can not writte exactly what I'm thinking about . at least I'm trying !! :)
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

I hate it when I get a cel without the sketch. If the sketch was damaged, OK, but it annoys me when people try to make more money out of the deal by selling them separately. :?

I know where a few of the sketches of my cels are, and it annoys me that I don't have 'em. :x But, what do you do.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

As an academic ...

Post by sensei »

I think they should be kept together. Doing this lets you see how a scene was realized through several layers of planning. Yes, I single out the most dramatic images for display, but I keep the others in the book underneath it, just like the dougas for my cels. When I've bought sketches from sets being broken up, I've always tried to get at least the matching genga and douga to keep these together.

As someone who has done archival research, I know how important seeing rough drafts and corrections are to understanding the details of any process, whether it is the designing of an animated sequence or the writing of a book.

Yea, keep them together. The roughs and shuuseis aren't worth anything by themselves, so if you sell a sketch, why not toss these in as okase? Surely anything is better than simply tossing them out.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I wasn't talking about tossing anything, but I see a lot of dealers that are selling the A2 and everything that goes with it and then selling the A3 and so on. They make a lot of money that way, since we will only shell out so much at a time. :x

Seeing all of them together makes me feel like I am hoarding or something. I would never gather up a whole series of cels to keep (unless they came that way and the ones that do aren't usually the greatest) so I wonder if sharing is better :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.