Kingdom Hearts 2

Topics on video games and platforms
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How did you feel when you found it at EB after checking every other store in driving distance ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

I finally had a chance to sit down and start playing last night. Still in Twilight Town, but OMG I am LOVING this game. It took me a while to get my rhythm back since I haven't played the first game in a while, but now I'm feeling the KH love. The only thing I hate about US ps2 games is the way the circle and x button are reversed. Drives me a little nuts because I have to think about what I'm doing. At least I think they are - it felt backwards to me. I know that the DVD player functions and ps2 controls are backward. The Japanese makes more sense to me - circle for select and x to refuse. Anyway. Vivi!! So cute! Hat's a little creepy though. And Setzer!! whoo hoo! I haven't finished this part yet, but I suspect what's really going on. So cool!
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Yep, I was right... I only played a few hours... and... well... can't put it down. >_< I've gotten to what I think is the last few hours in Twilight Town (playing as Sora now).

Man the story is sorta sad, and interesting... and haven't even started yet! AAARG!!! Now I sorta want to go back and finish the GBA version just to find out what happened between KH1 and KH2.

Maybe I'll take a week off of work and finish both... mwuahahahahahaa.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

Can you spell obsession?

I sure can. K-I-N-G-D-O-M H-E-A-R-T-S I-I

I started playing on Wednesday and didn't stop until 10 hours later. I got up in the morning went to work and came back to play 10 more hours. :wow: Friday I worked practically all day, so I didn't get any game time then. *sigh* :roll:

And on Saturday my family had company, which included a little girl around 11 years-old (not quite sure). She dominated my PS2 for a majority of the day. I was frantic. Not only was I unable to continue with the game, but she was going through it and skipping ALL the dialogue AND the animated cut scenes. All she wanted to do was bash things. Although some of the point of the game is to bash things - I can't completely fault her...just mostly.

What really irked me was that after exploring awhile she would ask, "What do I do now?" Read child, read. I know its a new concept for the youngest generation, but having patience enough to stay with the storyline is key to any RPG. The other quirk that got on my nerves was that when she reached a challenge that she could not quickly overcome, she didn't try harder. Oh noooo...she gave up and said "Do this for me." Arrgh. :bwall I had the insatiable urge to man-handle her, just so I could continue with the game myself. After hours of this torture, I finally got to play again. The sad part was that I was so tired after the mental anguish from the previous ordeal that I had to stop after only a few hours. Woe is me. :bawl

Then came Sunday and the thought of continuing school the next morning. At this point in my spring break I had done zero school work. The shame. So, as punishment I could not play until I finished my work. Which in turn had me dragging my feet constantly thinking of playing KH2 while trying to write a Philosophy paper that I think turned out surprisingly well. And here we are at Monday, at school away from the remote possibility of exploring the next chapter of KH2. Wilting away and staring blankly ahead through lectures until I can be joyfully reunited with my fixation.

So, I ask again can you spell obsession?

Mild spoiler telling where I am in the game:
I am just starting to revisit all the worlds and the city housing Organization XIII is starting to appear.
Some might think gamers crazy for going through so much turmoil for a silly game, but if you waited for something since its first rumored release over 2 years ago and finally possessed it. Wouldn't you be a little crazy too? :multi
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

This may be a stupid question, but how do you use the summons? :P
My fiance and I are pretty far into the game but have not even used it once and do not know how. It it supposed to be equipped? Suddenly appears for use during battle? We are confused, lol.
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Don't worry confusedmoogle, you're not alone. I played about 2 hours two nights ago and that's just running in circles in the third world... Mulan... sheesh. Love the graphics in the game... sorta don't want to rush this game because I'm afraid I'll miss something (already missed a ton of treasure chests in the first town. T_T).

>_> I have no idea how to summon... since I haven't gotten one yet. Still trying to figure out how I get to use two keyblades in battle.
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

To answer how to summon: :trans

In order to summon, your drive gauge (yellow gauge above your MP and HP gauges) needs to be 3 or above. You should be able to summon by using the up and down directional buttons. Scroll down to summon in your command menu (in the lower left corner of screen). Press X. A list showing you which Summon creatures you have available will show up. Select one with the directional buttons again and press X.
That should summon whatever one you chose. Summons can be used in battle and sometimes used outside of battle too.

To answer how to use two keyblades in battle: :badass

You can only use two keyblades in battle if you use a Drive form and have an extra keyblade equipped for Sora. Your drive gauge should also be 3 or higher. In Drive mode, one or both of your allies will disappear while in your enhanced Drive form. You can change into different forms depending on who is in your party.
To engage your drive form, use the up and down directional buttons to select Drive in your command menu. Press X. A list showing you which Drive forms you have available will appear. Select the form you wish to transform to and press X again. You should now be able to use two keyblades in battle.

Note: The command menu does not show all the commands available at one time, but rather splits them up into two menus. One command menu includes Attack, Summon, Party, and Limit. The other shows Attack, Magic, Items, and Drive. To flip back and forth between the different command menus press the left or right directional buttons.

If you have more questions, please do ask. There is also this site available if you need a guide/walkthrough. It also has a message board there too.

Don't worry too much yoshito, I missed a lot of chests my first time through too. :emb I'm now going back through the game on hard or "Proud" mode so I can see the special ending movie. :yay It should be quite a challenge. :wack I am already having trouble with the first big Nobody boss in the beginning with Roxas.

Good luck with the gaming!
:wave:
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Is there an "auto-summon" ability later in the game, like the "auto-drive" and "auto-limit" abilities? Or do you always have to scroll through the menu to execute a summon? I'm only just starting the Pirates of the Carribean/Atlantis set of worlds. Haven't had any time to play at all the past couple of days though. :(
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

There is an Auto Summon, but I forget when you get it. Sometime after you achieve the Auto Master ability, I think. /hmm
It says, "When a friend is down, automatically sets the Reaction Command to Summon, in the column that contains Summon, if Summon is usable."

I never really used Summons, so that is about as much help as I can be. /ok

As for the game itself, the graphics and the number of voice-over cut scenes in the game is amazing! The plot was so confusing when it came to who was on who's side and such - until the very end, when I started going, "Oh, that makes sense now." I still like the music from the original Kingdom Hearts, though this soundtrack isn't bad either. My favorite planet has to be the Pride Land. The Final Fastasy characters are wonderfully done and I was glad to see Tifa and the three Gullwings from FFX-2. I could go on and on, but I'm rambling enough as it is...
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

>_< Was afraid of that... the "group goes away because you're in drive mode". Oh well... I need to level Sora up, got his butt kicked by the heartless when you get trapped in the cave. X_X

I'm obsessed with leveling...
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

That's where our problem was! We have been using the analog constantly and didn't even use the left or right directional buttons during battle. :P Can't wait to see what the summons look like. Thanks for the help!
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

confusedmoogle wrote:
I never really used Summons, so that is about as much help as I can be.
I haven't used them in this game yet, but in the first game I found certain summons practially invaluable. Like Tink. Tinkerbell. I would have died so many times without her. I miss her. I miss flying and gliding too. My favorite summon and my favorite ability both came from Neverland. XD
Last edited by jcaliff on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How much would you pay for it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I'm finally playing it . . . long story (see blog if you really want to know). I LOVE IT!!! Although, I wanted to use my drive mode but couldn't. It disappeared from my command menu. I even had 3 for my drive mode. I'm guessing it's because I was just with
Mulan trapped in the cave
that I wasn't supposed to use it there.

Did anyone else feel really sad in the beginning? Man, I felt like I was going to cry when
Roxas was told he wasn't meant to exist. :bawl
I mean, I understand why but it was still sad. :l
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Yeah the beginning was a bit sad...

I'm such an idiot, been playing the game still using the original keyblade (finally figured it out when I was in Agrabah [sp?] and changed it out). Was wondering why it was taking a bit longer to beat the harder mobs. >_<

Now stuck, debating on beating all the little side games or just plowing through the storyline. I've played all the worlds that I can, and now have to go visit Hollow Bastion since it is covered in darkness. >_> Met the three Gullwings, Tifa and Cloud (was laughing to see them in their FF VII AC outfits).

Even leveling my moogle to make more stuff... although not too sure if it is useful (just keeping everybody at 20% resist for all magics).

Oh wait, forgot... I'm saved in Tron... yeah, that was a bit odd way to stick that movie into the game. >_<