I still cant believe Nintendo did this!

Topics on video games and platforms
thrance
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

I still cant believe Nintendo did this!

Post by thrance »

A while back, for advertising, for gameboy advance, super mario advance aka super mario 3, they had some commericials where they taped tanooki marios face over real life things, mostly statues. This one though was promptly pulled from circulation.

Warning, the link leads to a nude statue image, so if your not into that, dont go. And yes this was an official Nintendo promo.

I guess, this gives new meaning to "Super" Mario though hm?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/t ... 24x768.jpg
dbzredneck
Senpai - Elder

Post by dbzredneck »

Holy crap!! That's frikin shocking!! :OMG I can't believe what I just saw. I wonder what the Princess is thinking about her studly hero now.
Last edited by dbzredneck on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

dbzredneck wrote:I wonder what the Princess is thinking about her studly hero stud now.
LMAOOOOO thats hilarious. Let the princess keep her comments to herself.......and him....
kageneko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kageneko »

Now that is funny!! I mean living here I have seen a few things that would shock most Americans but that is humorous!
Most Bishies are eyecandy therefore they must all be attractive for the females. One Problem though Can we have MORE LEGAL eyecandy??
Pervs in training like the new material
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Actually, Things aren"t what they look like as the "thing" isn't a "thing" but another "thing". You can see the "thing" sliding down into a a thwirly string on the side of his body making the "thing" not the "thing" everyone thinks it is.
However, I would have chosen another statue too.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Joost

Post by Joost »

I do not think that this was the intention :) otherwise kinda funny :^^:
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

/swt

But this is funny though :D
Cats rule!
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:Actually, Things aren"t what they look like as the "thing" isn't a "thing" but another "thing". You can see the "thing" sliding down into a a thwirly string on the side of his body making the "thing" not the "thing" everyone thinks it is.
Words escape me...

Other than to wonder whether the people who flood my mailbox with spam messages about "enlargement" might like to get a gander of that statue. Given the conclusion to which we all obviously leap at first glance... it would be quite the advertising ploy.
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

LMAO

I don't know if I'm more amused by the photo or Gabe's repeated use of "thing."

That's too funny.
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:Actually, Things aren"t what they look like as the "thing" isn't a "thing" but another "thing". You can see the "thing" sliding down into a a thwirly string on the side of his body making the "thing" not the "thing" everyone thinks it is.
:rollin I think the "thing" it ACTUALLY is is a cornucopia. But it is hard to see that swirly tail amidst all that fabric, isn't it?

But.....yeah...... It sure does look like THAT "thing" doesn't it? :sweatdrop What was Nintendo thinking?????? :wack :rollin
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

It does look like THAT "thing"... :D Making this pulled ad almost as funny as the PETA ad I once saw that was pulled...

I saw the pulled PETA ad online and very wish I had saved a link... It was for spaying and neutering your pets. It showed an owner walking out the door with the words to her pampered and aloof looking persian: "Be good while we're gone, Fluffy." The rest of the ad showed "Fluffy" having an orgy while her family was away. (Actually, as soon as the door closed behind them walking out.) It was hilarious!! :D

Many Sharp Smiles,
--Drac
thrance

Post by thrance »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles LMAO at the PETA ad.

I think,the thing for this one is, though we saw a large image and if we looked, we could tell it isnt what we all first thought it was, for most magazines I think the image was smaller, making it harder to tell, and the commercial breezed by.

Hehe silly Nintendo.
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

A statue with what appears to be a "thing" is nothing compared to 3 grown men carrying a very large snake. 8O

Thing?
Thing?
Thing?

The Thing is that superhero from Fantastic Four. Certainly you women could come up with something more creative than "thing". You talk as if you're about ready to call the exterminator to get that "thing" out of your house. Might I suggest a phrase? How about "my Spouzal's Unit (tm)" as in "It looks like "my Spouzal's Unit (tm)."

Drac: it does indeed look like a "pulled ad" don't you think? ;)
Last edited by soda on Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

It depends on what you mean by thinking.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

LMAO!!! I LOVED the Peta cat sex ad! Here's a link:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=cat-sex

And here's a link to their media center, there are some other pretty funny ones that never even made it to TV there! (Ron Jeremy for spay and neuter your pets???? :rollin Uh......I mean....... I don't know who Ron Jeremy is...... :sweatdrop )

http://www.petatv.com/
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.