Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Dunno if there are any SH fans here, but SH:FtNW was just announced today. It will be called Shadow Hearts: From the New World and will take place in America, 1929. Not much is known about this game yet, but there should be more and more updates the closer we get to summer. The game is scheduled for a Japan release THIS SUMMER!!! So maybe I'll actually be in Japan to get this!!! *PRAYS REAL HARD* lol I'm insane.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know what the heck this game is, you can visit my dumb SH pages here:

http://sh.firesanctuary.com

EDIT: Updated the subject and this here link.
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

Eeeesh... and I haven't finished #1 yet. >.> I blame WoW and GT4 for this.

Also Full Metal Alch. <.<

Yeah... too many games...
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Robin
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Robin »

Wow, nice SH page ;) I can't wait to see what the next game brings, but I will not be too happy if Yuri doesn't make a comeback! I need to get my butt in gear and play koudelka before SH3 comes out though, or I'll NEVER get around to it. And I still need to play Xenosaga II. It's great to have lots of RPGs coming out, but I really need time to play them!

And for those of you that have played SH2, you will understand what I mean when I say the following......MAN FESTIVAL! :run

Take care,
Robin :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What would make you stop need to play Xenosaga II? Tell me the rules.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Robin wrote:Wow, nice SH page ;) I can't wait to see what the next game brings, but I will not be too happy if Yuri doesn't make a comeback!
I agree to some degree, and sorry for the rhyme... I loved Yuri so much... but I really think they should respect his character enough to let him go. That being said, I too would be disappointed if he doesn't at least make a cameo appearance. News of the new main character, the little brat 16 year old Johnny... I was very upset. Maybe he'll grow on me, but like HELL will he EVER replace Yuri.
I need to get my butt in gear and play koudelka before SH3 comes out though, or I'll NEVER get around to it. And I still need to play Xenosaga II. It's great to have lots of RPGs coming out, but I really need time to play them!
Oh I know! Lots of great RPGs are out now. Baten Kaitos, Megaten 3, Xenosaga II, Ys VI... It's a shame that so few of the Ys games ever made it over here...but they're at least making up for it with Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim. You can even turn on and off the Japanese text & voices with some EASY cheats!! *SO EXCITED* Only problem with that is... I didn't discover this until just now...and I'm near the end. *sigh* I'll have to play it again to hear the Japanese voices. I couldn't stand the English ones...so I turned the voice volume all the way down!! haha
And for those of you that have played SH2, you will understand what I mean when I say the following......MAN FESTIVAL! :run
LOL There were some FUNNY parts in SH2. It had a perfect mix of funny & sad moments. That's one of the reasons why I love SH so much... and with news of SH3, I get more and more nervous that something is going to happen that will tarnish the previous two in some way. ^^; Yes, I'm paranoid. Have you finished the Solomon Trials yet? That's like one of the last things that I still have to complete... I'll get around to doing that sometime. Ys VI is calling me now, though...
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

OOOH!!! Japanese voices in the game?!?!??!! Tell me... pleaaaaase... *dances*
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim-- You can even turn on and off the Japanese text & voices with some EASY cheats!!
I was talking about Ys VI when I said you can turn on and off the Japanese text & voices... Pretty nice if you ask me! But... if you want to hear the Japanese voices for SH... we'll have to buy the original Japanese versions. *sigh* But at least Ys VI is one less thing I'll have to buy in Japan. ^_~ ...if I go this summer...
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am listening.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim-- You can even turn on and off the Japanese text & voices with some EASY cheats!!
I was talking about Ys VI when I said you can turn on and off the Japanese text & voices... Pretty nice if you ask me! But... if you want to hear the Japanese voices for SH... we'll have to buy the original Japanese versions. *sigh* But at least Ys VI is one less thing I'll have to buy in Japan. ^_~ ...if I go this summer...
Gomen, I wanted the Y's code. ^_^; Started playing it and figured there's gotta be a way to put the Japanese voices back...
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oh yeah! Here are a few of the codes:

First off, I believe these codes are necessary to view the movies. So do this first: Red, Blue, Yellow, Red, Blue, Yellow

Then add these codes to view which ever movie you want to see:
Japanese OP: Blue, Yellow, Red
Japanese OP w/ English subs: Blue x4, Yellow, Red
Japanese Sequence of Olha on Beach: Blue, Red x2, Yellow
Japanese Sequence of Olha on Beach w/ English Subs: Blue, Red x2, Yellow

GAME MODE CHANGE
Japanese Text & Voices: Yellow, Red, Blue
English Text & Voices: Yellow, Red x2, Blue
Japanese Text w/ English Voices: Yellow, Red x3, Blue
English Text w/ Japanese Voices: Yellow, Red x4, Blue

I'm sure if you do a simple google search you could find more. These are the only ones that really struck my interest. ^^;
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

Woo, you made my day. Tonight will be Y's event. Just after I get 44 in WoW. Just kidding.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That is very soon.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Robin
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Robin »

I haven't played Ys VI or even heard much about it actually. I must be out of the loop on that one. Is it a turn based RPG? I go nuts when I have to run around and try to hit stuff. :x

As for Solomon Trials, I did finish that. ;) It is a funny scene, but nothing like the man festival. hee hee

So Johnny is the main character eh? You would think they would bring Halley back. Not that I used him much in my party, but at least he's familiar!

Take care,
Robin :D
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Ys is a classic Falcom series. Here's a short list of the main Ys titles (there are more...):

Ys I - 1987 - Ancient Ys Vanished Omen
Ys II - 1988 - Ancient Ys Vanished The Final Chapter
Ys III - 1989 - Wanderers from Ys
Ys IV - 1993 - Mask of the Sun
Ys V - 1995 - (haven't bothered to read the Japanese title yet lol)
Ys VI - 2003 - The Ark of Napishtim

I believe Ys Eternal came in between V & VI, so that might make up for the huge gap between the two. I've played the first game, cheated my way through the third...and I've played very little of the fourth, I think. Don't know anything of the 5th game yet. And if you know the Seiken Densetsu games, the gameplay is set up kinda like that; aka, it's not turned based. You have to run around and hit the enemy. I'm no good at those kind of games...but this one didn't set me back too much. Still died a good number of times with the bosses, but... heehee Great game nonetheless.

As for SH3 (getting back on topic), we don't know for sure that Johnny's going to be the MAIN character. He was just one of the two first characters to be announced. And like I said before, when SH2 was announced, they introduced Nicolai and Karen first, which made you believe that Nicolai and/or Karen were going to be the new main characters. But lo and behold, Yuri can back! Even though I would deep-down like for Yuri's story to be done... I want him to come and put this little kid in his place. Johnny can't even come close to how freaking awesome of a character Yuri is. I will never, ever ever ever ever like Johnny over Yuri. Ain't gonna happen. And I really hope Nautilus knows how loyal us SH fans are to Yuri... heehee

BUT! Check this out, I've got a crappy pic of a mysterious red-haired bishie from SH3... and I was speculating that it's an older Yuri... heehee He'd have to be 40 something in SH3, but he could still very well be alive, same with Roger Bacon. So if you haven't seen my SH site yet, you'd better! There's some decent links there, too, although I need to go info hunting again.

http://sh.firesanctuary.com

Oh, and the main SH site just updated their pages with more character information. Still no news whether Yuri will make a cameo appearance or not... *crosses fingers* I'm still intregued by the red haired chara. OH! And Shania's fusion! DAMN AWESOME!! Of course, I have to like any chara with wings... but the colors and everything for it... it's beautiful!

Check out the main Japanese SH3 page here:
http://www.shadowhearts.net

And here are some really nice scans of more SH3 updates in a Japanese magazine:

http://img83.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219015ho.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219028px.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219032xf.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219049sd.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219058gs.jpg
http://img71.echo.cx/my.php?image=shftnwfps219065im.jpg
Robin
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Robin »

Thanks so much for posting those links! :D I checked them out and translated them. Well, I did it with an online translator. lol

The character that has my attention is Hildegard Valentine. Wonder who she might be related to? :wink wink: Guess the pink bat likes to travel! But I wonder if the gold bat will come along too? lol

Can't wait til this hits the US!

Take care,
Robin ;)