Import PS2 Help

Topics on video games and platforms
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Import PS2 Help

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I'm hoping to get an imported PS2 within the next month or so for the Shadow Hearts: For the New World release (I'm a dork), but I'm wondering which series I ought to get. If you know anything about the newer versions of the PS2 and could help me make a decision, I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!! =D

Edit: I fixed updated the subject.
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Naruto 2 is the coolest fighting game!
/no1
I spend hours playing against my roomie!
Still kick his butt each and every time!
:D :D :D
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

for the PS2? cant go wrong with Dynasty Warriors series. (not the Tatics or Empires). DW 2 - 5... is basically, you choosing some character, and you walk around levels and do mass killings of the enemy. You need to power up power up the character and their weapon. (NOTE: you can't play the whole game straight through in one go. Your character's progress is recorded after every save - so ya need to play the first levels a couple of times to continue in the game). May sound a bit complex, but it's really fun and great at getting out frustrations.

The GTA games are fun too, at least 3 and 4 are. :P *secretly <3's tommy*

For old school arcade style gaming, the Bouncer is fun (rather easy, but fun) and should be really cheap to boot, since it was one of the very first games out for the system.

My brother tells me the Final Fantasy series of the games are great... i don't know but i can tell you the graphics are breath taking. Another fun RPG is Kingdom Hearts.

I could go on, but I fear boredom. :P If ya wanna talk more feel free to message me, I love my PS2. ^_^
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

If you want a truly scary game, go with Fatal Frame 2. If you've played Resident Evil 4, it kinda ranks right up there in the creepy/scary factor. I'm never scared at scary movies or games.....but this game freaked me out. 8O In a good way though. :D

Nikki
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Elendil wrote:If you want a truly scary game, go with Fatal Frame 2. If you've played Resident Evil 4, it kinda ranks right up there in the creepy/scary factor. I'm never scared at scary movies or games.....but this game freaked me out. 8O In a good way though. :D

Nikki
was it more scary than Fatal Frame? I waited so long for it to be in when I went to the store to rent... then was disappointed that it wasn't really scary, I found myself laughing.... >_< Buuuuuut, I've been laughing at horror movies since I was 10-12 maybe. :P Don't get me wong, Fatal Frame was really fun, I was just let down that it wasn't as scary as i was expecting (especially after all the reviews i read). aaaaaanyways.
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

Shampoo wrote:Naruto 2 is the coolest fighting game!
/no1
I spend hours playing against my roomie!
Still kick his butt each and every time!
:D :D :D
I second this. Naruto: Narultimate Hero and Narultimate Hero 2 are one of the best 2-D fighting games for the ps2. Its crazy fun and I don't even know Japanese. The Full Metal Alchemist: Dream Carnival is similar and just as fun. You should try them :)
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

Are you talking import PS2 games or US games? If you're modding it to play US games theres a whole library out there, and most can be purchased used or the "cheap reprints".

Japanese, hmm... I liked the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and FF X (International I think... the one with the extended ending). There's some others, just have to go home and look at my stack to see which ones....
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I am talking with 23 other clients right now.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

The Bouncer is a very well rounded game that you can play with up to 4 players at the same time. If you are into racing games then I'd say Kinetica. And Vampire Night for a shooter.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Not Sir Phobos wrote:The Bouncer is a very well rounded game that you can play with up to 4 players at the same time.
The yummy Sora as an adult.. mmmmmmm :love2 :drool
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Shampoo wrote:The yummy Sora as an adult.. mmmmmmm :love2 :drool
LOL!
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
indy
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by indy »

vampire night- decent game, (but be wary of bad voice acting)

i'll post some games when i'm not supposed to be working
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

Elendil wrote:If you want a truly scary game, go with Fatal Frame 2. If you've played Resident Evil 4, it kinda ranks right up there in the creepy/scary factor. I'm never scared at scary movies or games.....but this game freaked me out. 8O In a good way though. :D

Nikki
well, if wanna get freaked out in a bad way, play The Suffering 8O
that game will mess with your head. scariest thing ive seen, bar none.
and theyre making a sequal :)

for a good action game, i say Metal Gear Solid 2; Sons of Liberty. as far as im concerned, its the best game ive played.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Never is a long time.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Elendil
Kamisama - God

Post by Elendil »

HotIce wrote:

Nikki
was it more scary than Fatal Frame? I waited so long for it to be in when I went to the store to rent... then was disappointed that it wasn't really scary, I found myself laughing.... >_< Buuuuuut, I've been laughing at horror movies since I was 10-12 maybe. :P Don't get me wong, Fatal Frame was really fun, I was just let down that it wasn't as scary as i was expecting (especially after all the reviews i read). aaaaaanyways.
Well, I never played the original FF, and I'm also one that laughs at horror movies. I found FF2 to be pretty freaky and suspencful, maybe not "scary" as in "OMG the boogieman is gonna get me" kind of way. It was a fun game, none the less.

Nikki