Import PS2 Help

Topics on video games and platforms
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

If you like Jpop and certain anime music (oldies, kids shows), I love the Taiko no Tatsujin series. You can even get the controller and US version now (Taiko Drum Master). The controller works with either US or Japanese PS2 (I have both), and if you have two controllers you can play head to head in a cooperative sort of way. I got my mom to play it and she even loved it. The Japanese versions of the game have some really good songs.

I second Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. I played that right after it came out, and the bonus features make it worth getting even if you've already played earlier versions.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

My friends and I are still organising "This is Football 2002"-tournaments.
That's soccer to you, my dear Ussies. And it's almost 4 years old.
It is the best PS2 football game ever... and yes, we are defintely geeks. :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Wow it's getting late.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Although I realy need to find another favourite game. Something involving trashing robots perhaps. :x
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

lol, I guess I wasn't clear. I mean consoles. You know how they have more than one series... the older (and larger one), a new thinner one, ones with special features, etc... You know? lol Sorry to get ppl confused. Maybe it was a stupid question. ^^;; But thanks for all the game recommendations! I will have to check out a couple of them! :D
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

I still have the generic black older one.
If for some reason it would flake out on me, I'll immediatly go for the smaller silver one because it matches the rest of my multimedia equipment.

I've only seen a red one and a yellow one once for real (but they are VERY red and VERY yellow).

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What did it look like to you?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:I've only seen a red one and a yellow one once for real (but they are VERY red and VERY yellow).
There's a RED one!? Hmmmm.... Might have to get that one lol Although I like the sakura colored one, too.
yoshito
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by yoshito »

If you go with the old style cases you can get the internal HD for them. The original Japanese PS2s had PCMCIA slots and that requires your HD to be external (I have one of these). Also with the original series the DVD software was loaded onto your memory card, which came with the unit. Not until later did I find out if you had game saves on it with the DVD software it kills the memory card.

If you're not into the HD support, go with one of the slim newest units. Although the mid-aged bigger ones have cooler colors. =D
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Sorry to revive this thread, but I had another import PS2 question. Do you know if an American memory card (with files on it) will work with an imported system? I thought I heard that you can't mix and match save files, some Japanese and others English. Is this true? If it is...I'll have to nab a new mem card...
Luna Hoshino
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Luna Hoshino »

Rekka Alexiel wrote:Sorry to revive this thread, but I had another import PS2 question. Do you know if an American memory card (with files on it) will work with an imported system? I thought I heard that you can't mix and match save files, some Japanese and others English. Is this true? If it is...I'll have to nab a new mem card...
I have no idea... I know that my American PS1 memory cards can hold both American and Japanese data, but my PS1 is a US system. Whether or not the same thing holds true for the Japanese systems, I don't know.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I cannot tell a lie.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Luna Hoshino wrote:I have no idea... I know that my American PS1 memory cards can hold both American and Japanese data, but my PS1 is a US system. Whether or not the same thing holds true for the Japanese systems, I don't know.
Yeah, same here. ^^;; Maybe I'm making the whole thing up... I dunno. If anyone knows, though, please let me know! I don't want my savefiles to go bad. =P
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

I do not think the memory cards check to see what system they are on. As Luna and Rekka have said, my US card will hold Japanese game data. Lik-Sang.com, one of the larger imported games dealers (who also deal to Japanese customers), do not mention having to use different memory cards for different parts of the world.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And why not?
-I, Robot (Asimov)