PS2 Reccommendations

Topics on video games and platforms
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

PS2 Reccommendations

Post by Hakiri »

Hi,

^_^ I was wondering if anybody had any reccommendations for the PS2, any games that can be played multiplayer and are fighting games basically. :^^: Or maybe if there was a co-op adventure game ^_^. I'm currently on my break and just having the urge to play something lol XD against my friends.

I can't buy the games from Japan because they won't work on my PS2, but any reccommendations would really be appreciated and would help greatly. Thank you guys!

:vict Bye bye and take care y'all!

~Hakiri (your friendly *cough* neighbourhood Gaara-phile) :yay

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

The only one that comes to my mind is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It's pretty fun if you like the movies. I have very limited experience though, so I'm sure you'll get lots of other good ideas from all the serious gamers here! ;)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

The only one I can think of is Soul Caliber II. I played it once, and it was pretty fun. But I'm not really into fighting games; I usually play RPGs, and that's when I have time and am not watching anime. :D :^^:
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I just learned this last week. Katamari. :)

It's a fun, relaxing game that is waaaaaaaaaaay addicting.

Your're basically a lil dude who pushes a ball around trying to gather all sorts of stuff onto your ball. The goal? Get your ball as big as possible before the clock runs out! Since all the stars were extinguished, you are ordered to gather as much 'mass' as possible to make new stars.

It's so hilarious when you start picking up the house cat as well as leftover food, bits of game pieces, and even bugs. When you get big enough, you'll start picking up people, cars, and someday, football stadiums!

I'm not much of a video game person anymore, but when my brother brought it home, I was instantly hooked. I think I laughed myself hoarse many times at what interesting things I picked up. The wacky karaoke-like singing in the background made me laugh more.

A+
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I play basically one player games so I can't be much help on multi players games. Although, a really good way to get your frustrations out is by playing Taiko. That is a 2 player game if you have more than one Taiko drum set. Other than that, I'd check out the games section here on beta. There's a thread with almost exactly the same title as this one. Maybe it'll help. :)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Thanks for your input everyone!

I've played Soul Calibur II before. It's really good. Are there any other games like that? ^_^

Thanks for the tip, duo about the other thread, I'll go check it out now. ^_^

Thanks Elfstalker! Katamari? I've never heard of it before. Is it available in the US or is it an import game?

Shellie: Yahhh! LOTR:ROTK! I want to get that. :) Can it be multiplayer and is it basically fighting? Nothing too complicated I hope! :emb

O_O Ack, I posted in the wrong forum again, mods, feel free to move this thread :emb Gomenne.

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

You enjoy it. So I am teaching you something new.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Because my friends and I aren't too much into mulitplayer but more into one vs one games, we devised several Tournament rules and guidelines, so it can be applied to any game with any numbers of people.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting explanation. How well do you know these people?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Not very well, most of them I just pay to pretend to be my friends.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Really you don't think so?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

Oh! Dynasty Warriors!!!!!! Walk around killing mass ammounts of the baddies! anyone from Dynasty Warrios 3 is 2player split screen. I'm not sure which it is, but one of the Dynasty Warriors for PS2 has a 2 player fighting mode too. I can't say enough about Dynasty Warriors, I just love the games, pretty simple... and really fun to play. =D IMHO.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Hakiri wrote: Shellie: Yahhh! LOTR:ROTK! I want to get that. :) Can it be multiplayer and is it basically fighting? Nothing too complicated I hope! :emb
Yes, I mentioned ROTK because it is multiplayer and TT is not. It's neat because it has live cuts from the movie that morph into game play... so you're watching Aragorn in the scene before the Paths of the Dead, then you ARE Aragorn entering the Paths of the Dead. And you can choose to be Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli or Gandalf at first, then you can earn other players and fighting moves as you go along. It's fun! And I thought it was kinda hard, but my young punk nephew came over and got further in 10 minutes than I had gotten in 4 weeks of playing!! :rollin (Yah, I stink!)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why do you like it so much?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER 2: TURBO

My work here is done

*Rides into sunset*

[/end suggestion]
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world