DBZ/GT Budokai Tenkachi (budokai 4)

Topics on video games and platforms
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

DBZ/GT Budokai Tenkachi (budokai 4)

Post by BleedingOrange »

It's not REALLY Budokai 4, but it is in spirit. Different developer. This time you can play as almost everybody in the entire series, including Janenba this time. You can fly around freely and chase opponents all over a completely 3D ring... it looks pretty sweet... we're talking almost just like the anime itself.

I'm impressed and excited to play it after mastering Budokai 2 & 3. You can check out a video of this awesome upcoming ps2 title below.

http://down.videogamerx.net/news/20050804/tenkaichi.wmv

Also, check out tons of other information about the game at this terrific dragonball gaming website that has lots of pics of the game and others... plus pics of the "odd but cool" CG intro the game has.

http://dranet.com/

... just thought I'd share. I'm excited! :)
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

That looks pretty badass, too bad its not coming out on xbox :(
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

omg those intro shots are soo awesome!! Especially one of the last frieza ones... agh I cant wait! you can even be Chaozu!

thanks for the link :) :)
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

It looks awesome so far! 8O
Can't wait to get it! :drool
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

OH WOW! It does look awesome! Can't wait!!
Son Goten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Son Goten »

i can tell u guys this game is awesome, i got it like beginning of october =P Moded ps2's FOR THE WIN! ^_^ great game though, heres some vids i shot

http://www.putfile.com/zer0cool
Old Beta member from way back when. PM me if interested in buying any Goten cels!
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

I just got it yesterday. Pretty sweet game. Kinda hard (at least for me) but I think it's just because I'm banging at buttons in the hopes I'll win. It's funny how these 'waiting for video games' threads start saying 'wow, can't wait' ...'wow, this is gonna rock!' .... then the game comes out .... then there's a lag time where nobody posts cuz they're playing it to death ... then later they post again .... 'Great game!' ...... LOL
lys
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by lys »

I have it and I have to say it is really different than the previous budokai series. There are a lot of different button/direction/another button type of combinations. The battles seem to go very quickly and you can get your ass kicked pretty easily if you are not careful. I'm still only on the first arc but hopefully the game will get easier as I get use to the moves (right now all i keep hitting is L2, Up, and triangle :P ) Go finishing move Go!
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

I got it the day it came out but haven't had much time to play it because of my [school] workload >.<

I have completed the first three story chapter thingies tho...

It takes a while to get the controls down, but once you do, it's really fun
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by BleedingOrange »

Oh I finally got it.

A step backward for the Budokai series.

Budokai 1 and 2 were fun, but not perfect. Budokai 3 both looked beautiful with terrific graphics and played in a fast and fun way.

The counter system is gone? In Budokai 3, they finally made it so you could "counter" your opponent (or in a lot of cases, the computer) who would otherwise pummel you, not allowing you to get an attack in... the counter was in the form of the super speed or instaneous movement thing in Budokai 3.

Gone.

I like the new game all-right... but it's like going BACK to Budokai 2!! After playing the third game, there's no contest that it is better than Budokai 2... this 4th game, they changed developers... so it's not the same people that made the other three Budokai games.

I personally liked the 2D-ish style of Budokai 1-3... but what made the third one so good is the counter system. It made fights fair and super fast. Zap behind Goku with kid buu in the middle of a fight where you are starting to lose your edge... lay in a combo... then hold down the button that prevents them from blocking long enough to extend the combo....

in this game I find myself often just having a hard time getting up to fight. The graphics are OK... the character models are basically the same from Budokai 3... but the environment they are in needs work... still rough.

My main gripe? They REUSED MUSIC FROM BUDOKAI 2!!! The main title screen music is just Budokai 2 music from the old menu screens and battles. Lame. At least make a new musical score.

But it wasn't all bad... here's the good points. Followed by a re-cap of the bad.

THE GOOD

- You can turn Japanese language ON (but you can do this in the special Budokai 3 Greatest Hits Edition of the game too)
- The Game is now completely 3D and you can Fly and Hide from Enemies!
- The 3D intro is cool, but odd looking sometimes! The intro music ROCS THOUGH!
- Janenba, Bojack, plus almost everybody else in DBZ is playable... even Master Roshi!

THE BAD
- Loss of a good Counter System
- Loss of cool special attacks cinematics (they're short and sweet now)
- Loss of original music thanks to re-use of Budokai 2 music. (the Japanese version of the game uses music that was in the SHOW - too bad we can't turn that on too with the Japanese language)
- Controls have a steep learning curve.
- Computer is mean.

THE UGLY
- Kid Buu looks funny in that CG intro guys...
- The characters look good, but the levels need more detail or something... they look to "cheap CG"
- Atari could stop neglecting online play.
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by BleedingOrange »

Oh I finally got it.

A step backward for the Budokai series.

Budokai 1 and 2 were fun, but not perfect. Budokai 3 both looked beautiful with terrific graphics and played in a fast and fun way.

The counter system is gone? In Budokai 3, they finally made it so you could "counter" your opponent (or in a lot of cases, the computer) who would otherwise pummel you, not allowing you to get an attack in... the counter was in the form of the super speed or instaneous movement thing in Budokai 3.

Gone.

I like the new game all-right... but it's like going BACK to Budokai 2!! After playing the third game, there's no contest that it is better than Budokai 2... this 4th game, they changed developers... so it's not the same people that made the other three Budokai games.

I personally liked the 2D-ish style of Budokai 1-3... but what made the third one so good is the counter system. It made fights fair and super fast. Zap behind Goku with kid buu in the middle of a fight where you are starting to lose your edge... lay in a combo... then hold down the button that prevents them from blocking long enough to extend the combo....

in this game I find myself often just having a hard time getting up to fight. The graphics are OK... the character models are basically the same from Budokai 3... but the environment they are in needs work... still rough.

My main gripe? They REUSED MUSIC FROM BUDOKAI 2!!! The main title screen music is just Budokai 2 music from the old menu screens and battles. Lame. At least make a new musical score.

But it wasn't all bad... here's the good points. Followed by a re-cap of the bad.

THE GOOD

- You can turn Japanese language ON (but you can do this in the special Budokai 3 Greatest Hits Edition of the game too)
- The Game is now completely 3D and you can Fly and Hide from Enemies!
- The 3D intro is cool, but odd looking sometimes! The intro music ROCS THOUGH!
- Janenba, Bojack, plus almost everybody else in DBZ is playable... even Master Roshi!

THE BAD
- Loss of a good Counter System
- Loss of cool special attacks cinematics (they're short and sweet now)
- Loss of original music thanks to re-use of Budokai 2 music. (the Japanese version of the game uses music that was in the SHOW - too bad we can't turn that on too with the Japanese language)
- Controls have a steep learning curve.
- Computer is mean.

THE UGLY
- Kid Buu looks funny in that CG intro guys...
- The characters look good, but the levels need more detail or something... they look too "cheap CG"
- Atari could stop neglecting online play.
Last edited by BleedingOrange on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. It's all part of God's mysterious plans.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by BleedingOrange »

Cloud wrote:And. It's all part of God's mysterious plans.
Uh... right.

Sorry I double posted guys. Accident!